Time to re-negotiate the Michah Richards clause ?

With todays news of an Arab takeover of Manchester City, perhaps it's the right time to renegotiate the Micah Richards sell on clause.

I can't see Richards going anywhere in the next few years so perhaps a compromise settlement can be reached, maybe £2 million, what do you think ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With todays news of an Arab takeover of Manchester City, perhaps it's the right time to renegotiate the Micah Richards sell on clause.

I can't see Richards going anywhere in the next few years so perhaps a compromise settlement can be reached, maybe £2 million, what do you think ?

It's a tough one isnt it? Stick or twist kind of thing. Although their previous 1M offer was rightly knocked back I think that maybe £2M might be good for both sides. Latics would have to fully investigate matters though - they'll have a much better inside track on his chances of moving on anytime soon than we do.

Summat for TTA's to thing about

Edited by help_shiny

Guest oa_exile

Depends what the valuation of Richards is ? £2M is well short , maybe £3M is more like it.

Need to agree without selling out just for the hell of it , why should we let Citeh off lightly ? , a we deperate for the funds ? ......think not.

Micah is only twenty. Who cares if you cant see him leaving in the next few years. It's not like he's only going a few years left in the game. Bags of time and the way football's gone and carrying on with Transfer fee's in the top flight. I'm pretty sure we can afford to hold out for some time.

but if he stays for a few more years and then just leaves at the end of a contract - once he's over whatever age (23?) then we'll get feck all (I think, I must confess I'm not 100% on all the ins and outs)

And as our board have made noises that they'll have to flog players maybe it would be right to cash in. Maybe not. I dont know!

Its just been confirmed now, they have successfully taken over the club.

City now officially richer than man u.

Hillarious

Again!?!? Weren't they richer when the Jap(Thai!?!) took over. I can't see them paying us £2/3mill for a player they own now who (I hope not!!) could get a serious injury at any time or a number of injuries and thus lose value. Sure that's not going to happen, but i'm sure as a businessman they'd be reluctant to hand over such a large sum. - Pity though!

As Rocky has said, hold on for a while yet!

Its just been confirmed now, they have successfully taken over the club.

City now officially richer than man u.

Hillarious

I will rephrase that

City now have a hell of alot more spending power than man u

Apparently this group have bought city from their own money (ie not borrowed)

If City are as rich now as it is being reported then maybe it would be a good idea to cash in on the clause, as is there is no guarantee they would get rid of Richards full stop and we would get nothing. With it being City though i can see it all falling through:)

There's no way they'll give us anything like that figure and he may yet stay at City for the whole of his career.

I'd sit on it for now as in the future he may end up at Arsenal who I think is the team he supports.

Do you reckon city would actually want to cash in on their clause? If these owners are serious then they will see Richards as a player who is indespensible so why give us a million 2 million or whatever? Really with this one we aren't I believe in any position of strength to negotiate with them so It think we may have to leave it.

Its very rare that you see a top player run down his contract now clubs are quite savy to this and have them tied down to a new deal or sold off a year before their contarct is due to expire. Anyway best wait to see how this takeover works out as even if it goes through Thaksin will very much be in the frame with city which could be a potential for conflict.

Do you reckon city would actually want to cash in on their clause? If these owners are serious then they will see Richards as a player who is indespensible so why give us a million 2 million or whatever? Really with this one we aren't I believe in any position of strength to negotiate with them so It think we may have to leave it.

Its very rare that you see a top player run down his contract now clubs are quite savy to this and have them tied down to a new deal or sold off a year before their contarct is due to expire. Anyway best wait to see how this takeover works out as even if it goes through Thaksin will very much be in the frame with city which could be a potential for conflict.

It's being reported that Thaksin is out of the picture now-Honorary President or some such relatively powerless figurehead.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

It's being reported that Thaksin is out of the picture now-Honorary President or some such relatively powerless figurehead.

True but the BBC website has said that Thaksin is keen to retain a stake in the club anyway will see what happens. How many times before have we heard new owners coming making sweeping statements only to not follow up on what they have promised.

City are going to give Micah £150k a week (or how ever much he wants) FOR LIFE or until he's gash and worthless... so why the hell would they be willing to give us a couple of million quid, when there never going to sell him. And he won’t want to ever move, cos no club will match his wage.

Think what Chelski do now, buy players for £30million on a 100k pw deal, and sell em for next to nowt, so clubs can afford the wage without having to pay the transfer fee (exactly what city are going to do, they wont be in the ''we need to sell for max profit'' boat anymore) which means zilch cash for us.

I think people need to get real if they think we can just stroll up to city with the'' oh by the way, you owe us 20% of you best player who your never going to sell, but when/if he does leave, it wont be for a transfer fee so, as your loaded... can we have a few million anyway please?''

City are going to give Micah £150k a week (or how ever much he wants) FOR LIFE or until he's gash and worthless... so why the hell would they be willing to give us a couple of million quid, when there never going to sell him. And he won’t want to ever move, cos no club will match his wage.

Think what Chelski do now, buy players for £30million on a 100k pw deal, and sell em for next to nowt, so clubs can afford the wage without having to pay the transfer fee (exactly what city are going to do, they wont be in the ''we need to sell for max profit'' boat anymore) which means zilch cash for us.

I think people need to get real if they think we can just stroll up to city with the'' oh by the way, you owe us 20% of you best player who your never going to sell, but when/if he does leave, it wont be for a transfer fee so, as your loaded... can we have a few million anyway please?''

Precisely.

Precisely.

Becasuse it's about what the player wants also.

If he wants to be in a preceptively better team chasing Champions League level with players he likes adn are supposed to be mates, then no amount of money will keep him there. And who says they are going to give him £Xm for life. Just paper talk. Same ones that reckoned Berbatov had already sign for Man U at the weekend. They just guess every option so they can print the page to say it was an exclusive, ignoring the load of bull stories they printed.

It's not my opinion whether United are better than City, it is what Richard may percieve. He may not also. We don't know. But you cannot say it is not a viable option. They have offered once, they may again. Even though the alleged new owners have serious dosh, they didn;t get it by throwing it away, everyone knows those with most money are the tightest with it.

Edited by singe