Shez out

lol i was just about to have a go then

It's the performance so if some I am concerned about, Maher looks no improvement on Kalala, Alessandra and Davies too easily brushed off the ball, Grady not showing much, Smalley not in the game for long periods.

I afraid the squad isn't as strong as some people think, particularly at centre back where Eardley was the replacement for the injured Stam .

Hahahahahahaha.

Sorry, but come on. Tinpot Cup. We're out. Good. Shame for the two thousand who turned up, but really, do we need this distraction? No.

All about the league this year, folks. And you know it.

Couldn't agree more. I hate this competition - as if we don't have enough first team games. The club generally loses money for every home game they play in it too.

Hahahahahahaha.

Sorry, but come on. Tinpot Cup. We're out. Good. Shame for the two thousand who turned up, but really, do we need this distraction? No.

All about the league this year, folks. And you know it.

Thats the first time I've ever left BP chuckling after an unlucky loss.

It's the performance so if some I am concerned about, Maher looks no improvement on Kalala, Alessandra and Davies too easily brushed off the ball, Grady not showing much, Smalley not in the game for long periods.

I afraid the squad isn't as strong as some people think, particularly at centre back where Eardley was the replacement for the injured Stam .

I think you're being a little hard BP1960....I thought we played some good stuff at times, missed a few sitters and got frustrated. Davies looked determind and Smalley confident. Agree to an extent about Maher, although I think he looks a good, rusty player if you know what I mean. The ideas are there....

Very worrying to see Hughes go off though although it didnt look too serious.

Agree with all that, especially regarding Maher (and to think we appeared to really go the extra mile to secure his signature).

The fact that we are out of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is neither here nor there, but the injuries we picked up make it a worse night than it needed to have been.

i couldn't say im happy or unhappy about last night, obviously gutted to lose as usual, but the performance was very good, particularly in the first half when we shud have gone 4-0 up! it was a combination of bad luck, below average finishing and a MOTM display from their keeper that meant we went in 0-0. My positive for the night would be whitakers performance. From what ive seen so far this season he could be our key player, he was our main creative influence, especially after hughes went off and i can see him popping up with a few crucial goals this season.

Overall i'm still positive for the league campaign, last night didnt change much at all. Lets just hope the injuries picked up by hughes, and which kept taylor out, aren't serious!

:dynamite:

At times i wonder if i'm watching the same game - last night maher played well,some of his passes were top notch and at least (unlike the compared to kalala) he keeps the damn ball moving

Agree to an extent about Maher, although I think he looks a good, rusty player if you know what I mean. The ideas are there....

Those are pretty much my views so far on Maher - he looks like he'll come good with games & playing regular with the lads in training & games.

Some of his passes on tuesday were class, and i think he'll be a very useful aquisition once he blows off the cobwebs.

CM for me is well & truely Whittiker & Allott at the moment though. Maher & Allott in a "yard-dog" away from home CM midfield isn't a bad option to have though too.

Couldn't agree more. I hate this competition - as if we don't have enough first team games. The club generally loses money for every home game they play in it too.

yep I remember something on those lines said the time we got to the area final, also that the prize money used to be 750,000 but now it's something like 125,000 because Johnstons Paints sponsor it