Simon Blitz on TV in USA

Got a tip-off about this from a ManUre fan so got the missus to tape it. Missed a lot of it but they sometimes repeat these shows so might get to see the rest.

Simon did really well. He answered some good questions (from Yanks phoning in) about Latics such as: "Would you ever sell them to a rich consortium?", "Why did you buy Oldham?", "Why are OAFC or League 1 matches not shown on US TV?" :blink:

Simon had the home shirt on and the 2 presenters had the tangerine shirts on - I assume this was cos the fluo-yellow would not work in a TV studio!

Here's a linky to the show but no mention of SB... :disappointed:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/2638684

Was this a radio show

No, it was on TV. Fox Soccer Channel is a cable TV channel in the US that shows mostly Prem League matches (from UK "sister" station Sky TV). I think the show was live yesterday.

It's not the same as the one Bob found. The presenters on Fox Football Fone-in are called Nick & Steven. Just checked and Steven is same one from worldsoccerdaily. I wonder if he invited Simon on to the TV show after he did the other one?

Edited by martjs

Hi Martis

Nice to know there is another latics fan in the USA I am in Michigan.

Robert

Hi Robert,

There are a few of us over here :United_States: . Simon is in Wisconsin (I think) and there is a fan who lives in San Jose I had an email from a few years ago.

Do you go on the Live Chat they have on here? I try to but 7am on a Saturday morning is not a good time for me... :sleeping:

Maybe we should start a fan club: OASUS or OAFUSA. Anyone? (Here we go... :grin: )

Cheers,

Mart

just listened .. a must for Latics fans to l isten to. Great interview!

current state ........ as mentioned on another post

80% revenue spent on player wages

new stand on hold until economy improves as banks wouldn't lend money, but will go ahead when things pick up.

budget to loose 500K this year if unlike last year worse case ................ 200k for Everton game (so hopes for the same this year) 500K for trotters so did well last year.

Championship money for each club around 2 1/2 million ... each in 1st 400k which paid in three payments.

3% gate money to league, so dirty leeds probally pay more to league than they get back as they have big crowds.

profit making clubs in our league / two ....... probally only Leeds just.

if went up next year revenue would still be not great as poor capacity ........... so youth development so important, but thats important to tta and 5 first teamers are old youth players.

salaries from around 1k to 2,500 a week at moment before bonus

Micah made 100k so far off him for appearance. 100k once another 50 appearances hopefully this year

know kids in area will rather wear manure city shirts not oldham in lower leagues due to premiership spotlight... 320 ST to oldham only 400 to City (they can afford cheap ST's) what would you do// prem or 1st div???

just listened .. a must for Latics fans to l isten to. Great interview!

current state ........ as mentioned on another post

80% revenue spent on player wages

new stand on hold until economy improves as banks wouldn't lend money, but will go ahead when things pick up.

budget to loose 500K this year if unlike last year worse case ................ 200k for Everton game (so hopes for the same this year) 500K for trotters so did well last year.

Championship money for each club around 2 1/2 million ... each in 1st 400k which paid in three payments.

3% gate money to league, so dirty leeds probally pay more to league than they get back as they have big crowds.

profit making clubs in our league / two ....... probally only Leeds just.

if went up next year revenue would still be not great as poor capacity ........... so youth development so important, but thats important to tta and 5 first teamers are old youth players.

salaries from around 1k to 2,500 a week at moment before bonus

Micah made 100k so far off him for appearance. 100k once another 50 appearances hopefully this year

know kids in area will rather wear manure city shirts not oldham in lower leagues due to premiership spotlight... 320 ST to oldham only 400 to City (they can afford cheap ST's) what would you do// prem or 1st div???

Wasn't that the origianl radio interview that Bob found.

USOASA

USAOASA

AOASA

LASA

USLSA

Nice work DS but I think we need something a bit more punchy (like B.A.L.L.S.!)... I think we need more consonants... If we include our Canadian cousins (there was a big Latics fan who had a website near Vancouver, BC...) We could use North America.

How about NAILS? North American Independent Latics Supporters

Tagline: "We're hard as N.A.I.L.S" :grin:

Job's a good 'un!

Nice work DS but I think we need something a bit more punchy (like B.A.L.L.S.!)... I think we need more consonants... If we include our Canadian cousins (there was a big Latics fan who had a website near Vancouver, BC...) We could use North America.

How about NAILS? North American Independent Latics Supporters

Tagline: "We're hard as N.A.I.L.S" :grin:

Job's a good 'un!

No, it was on TV. Fox Soccer Channel is a cable TV channel in the US that shows mostly Prem League matches (from UK "sister" station Sky TV). I think the show was live yesterday.

It's not the same as the one Bob found. The presenters on Fox Football Fone-in are called Nick & Steven. Just checked and Steven is same one from worldsoccerdaily. I wonder if he invited Simon on to the TV show after he did the other one?

I actually meant in my reply to Deigo that the original found by bob was a radio show............... and do I not like the 'sister' bit!!!!

Let's try that again. I am Another US Latics fan. Was an Aussie Latics fan up to 5 weeks ago. Now live in Detroit Michigan. Well! somebody has to live here.

I was listening to Simon Mayo on 5 Live the other day coming live from Detroit. Haven't the house prices collapse incredibly in the once great motor City? It sounded quite grim in a good number of neighbourhoods of Detroit where shed loads of properties are being left empty and prices as little as $1000.

Now if I was an entrepreneur am sure I'd see some way of making a buck in the future being a mega sized landlord. But by the sound of things you'd need big pockets to protect your housing stock during the period they'd remain empty from the vandals.

EDIT: Sorry no soccer anywhere in that post!

Edited by Lags

Going slightly off topic i did an interview for fox sports whilst in Baden Baden for the last world cup, i was prepped before hand that the questions would be about Englands chances so i agreed to the interview, with a big crowd gathering and myself in the spotlight out came the first question , "Who do you think is the sexiest wag ?". Much to the amusement of my mates as i was on live tv and lost for words.

Going slightly off topic i did an interview for fox sports whilst in Baden Baden for the last world cup, i was prepped before hand that the questions would be about Englands chances so i agreed to the interview, with a big crowd gathering and myself in the spotlight out came the first question , "Who do you think is the sexiest wag ?". Much to the amusement of my mates as i was on live tv and lost for words.

classic, bet you dont get reminded of that very often!

Hi Guys

I am in Traverse City which is about 4 hours drive from Detroit,I have never logged into the chat room on match days as I listen to latics world live.

I would be interested in setting up or helping to set a USA/Canadien supporters branch I have experience in building websites and already have a hosting account, is anybody else in the USA?

Lags you are right in what you say about the housing market, Michigan as a whole is suffering more than most and has been for some time unemployment here is higher than anywhere else in the USA. The recent bout of gas price increases have taken a heavy toll on the motor industry and associated industries. Sadly it looks like being a long cold bleak winter,hopefully some new blood in the goverment (Obama) may help to reverse the decline.

Robert

Edited by penrhyn