Football Manager 2009

byrnes boots

anyone had any trouble in the game loading onto their pc

my pc looks at the disc then nothing happens.

took fm 2008 off bugger , cant play now. yet if i try to reload fm 2008 it loads ok

dunno about that but once you get it to load and need to authenticate,avoid the Steam option, use the other one.

Yeah that steam thing just didnt work at all on mine but the 2nd option loaded up within 10mins and i was happy gaming. I heard a sick rumour that certain graphics cards didnt work due to the new 3d thing but thats a load of bollocks. BTW also avoid Oldham they are ***. Lee Hughes and Allessandra dont even look like scoring on it.

Yeah that steam thing just didnt work at all on mine but the 2nd option loaded up within 10mins and i was happy gaming. I heard a sick rumour that certain graphics cards didnt work due to the new 3d thing but thats a load of bollocks. BTW also avoid Oldham they are dog :censored:. Lee Hughes and Allessandra dont even look like scoring on it.

avoid oldham? surely winning the champions league with oldham is the only reason why you get the game!

Yeah that steam thing just didnt work at all on mine but the 2nd option loaded up within 10mins and i was happy gaming. I heard a sick rumour that certain graphics cards didnt work due to the new 3d thing but thats a load of bollocks. BTW also avoid Oldham they are ***. Lee Hughes and Allessandra dont even look like scoring on it.

Perhaps they just need to sack the manager? Don't worry Stalybridge awaits!

I started to install it about half 6 on Friday night, the wife was bedridden with a cold so I thought I would get a good few hours in. It was half 11 before I was able to start, it authenticated ok but the delay was with the patch download by Steam, I had checked a couple of other forums and seen a link to a rapidshare download for the patch so ended up downloading them at the same time which slowed the Steam d/l.

Spent most of the weekend playing and got a stiff neck today from sitting in the same place for nearly too long. The last one I played was FM06 and this one is quite a bit different, I'm used to picking a formation then just slotting the players in but this doesn't seem to work. Looks like you have to tweek your tactics for each game which is a lot more realistic but not what I am used to, I am upto January, 6 points off the relegation zone, players have lost faith in my ability, the board sold Taylor against my wishes, Stam is leaving at the end of the season, Hughes scores once every 2 and a half games and is a class above anyone else, Davies & Lewis can't hit a barn door, Danny W i s quality as is Allott - Kieran Lee has ideas above his station, Crossley is past it and my squad is full of loanees from Prem reserves.

I had a look at the sigames forums and found:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.ph...frameworks+2009

Which scared the bejesus out of me, a 50 page document on tactics and stuff so I have put the Latics game on pause for a bit and started another with The Arse until I can get a better grip of the tactics outlined in the TT&F.

I've started as Accrington Stanley haven't played it too much due to work.

First signing was Stuart Fleetwood on a 4 year deal and hasn't done too badly scoring 15 times in 33 apps, also got Leon Clarke in on loan, currently 12th in League Two. Got to the semi final of the JPT as well. I use the 2D match engine as the 3D match engine seems crap.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

probably regard it as sad (and i will probably agree with you!) but having been on a marathon session last night playing games 26-46 i managed to get promotion through the playoffs in my 1st season after finishing 6th! sold davies wolfenden and ogrady, whitaker was superb got 15 goals and player of the year, hughesy 21 goals. Kieran lee plays great just about anywhere.

get andy carroll in alonside hughes from newcastle, lewi is great as back up and now worth 750k. byfield will come on loan after a bit, good addition. fleming great as a no1.

4-4-2 works best with pace down the sides, interchanging liddell and smalley. get whits pushing on, allott/maher holding and its good to put the 2 wingers further up the pitch almost acting as extra strikers. 4-5-1 works well away from home against the better sides but you should do well really whatever system you play!. Leeds and Leicester went up 1st and 2nd, also in the mix was us, mk dons, southend and for some reason swindon!

Interesting. I'll look into those, cheers! G/f has buggered off for 2 week so some hardcore gaming is going to be done. So Whitts is that good? hmmm Bit of a rethink coming up as I was banking on him for backup. Was also thinking Davies was looking pretty good this season so far but I'll see how things turn out :)

This passcode thing. My mate has bought the game and registered it via the phone. Could I put the disk onto my computer or will it already have been registered and not allow me to use it?

you get 5 licences with the game that are used when you install the game and get one back when its uninstalled.

Not had any problems installing mine. They should of told you everything you needed to do if you had any problems when you bought it. Least they told me that I might have one or two problems. You may as well sell Taylor at the start. Swansea came in for him on mine. Stuck up the value to £500,000 with add on's and a 20% sell on and waved bye bye. Gives me a bit of cash to look at getting a few players in as £50,000 (transfer kitty at the start) buys you not alot it would seem.

Only played a few games on it as of yet. Hughes has scored in all of them so far. Reuben is awful on mine though - had to swap him with Stam. Kieron Lee seems to get the highest average match ratings too.

Not happy that Newcastle knocked me out of the league cup 2nd round at there's with a 90th minute penalty, after Hughes had put me 1-0 up after about 70 minutes. Sure games are supposed to relax you, but I wanted to punch my computer this morning. Worth £30. LOL

I've started as Accrington Stanley haven't played it too much due to work.

First signing was Stuart Fleetwood on a 43 year deal and hasn't done too badly scoring 15 times in 33 apps, also got Leon Clarke in on loan, currently 12th in League Two. Got to the semi final of the JPT as well. I use the 2D match engine as the 3D match engine seems crap.

:blink:

You may as well sell Taylor at the start. Swansea came in for him on mine. Stuck up the value to £500,000 with add on's and a 20% sell on and waved bye bye.

Just say you're willing to listen to offers and the keep rejecting deals you can get the price up to 750,000 +20% before TTA decide thats enough cash for him.

must say im really strugling on the new one, can get the team playing the shape and style of football that i want, except when ever they try and controll a ball they controll it 10 yards right to an opponent, and i can't stop the defence for just hoofing the ball into space when defending a corner leading to it going straight to thier defence. oh and my players not challenging for 50/50 balls. but other than that, a good game.

• 2 weeks later...
stick to 2008 i say more trouble than its worth 2009

Any tips for 08? Miles too complicated on the tactics front. Totally baffled and keep getting sacked despite spending hours on it. Am ready to launch the PC across the room.

Can someone help? Am on the verge of a breakdown!!

• 3 weeks later...

Think i'm going to get it soon. Have my usual Oldham game. Anybody tried a game starting unemployed? Yeah you may get cack clubs to start with but once you work up its good fun knowing you've started from the bottom. On 08 i was unemployed up til xmas then lancaster came in for me. Managed to get them promoted then Bournemouth came knocking 12 months after. After saving them from relagation, swindon came in for me and managed to get them to playoffs. Not bad considering id only been employed for about two years! haha :wink:

I had to buy a new laptop to play this bloody game, because the graphics card in my old cpu is cack... it needs at least 128mb to run otherwise it crashes every two minutes, or just dosent run... If you have the min spec it runs perfectly and the 09 version is a corker...

Started with Oldham as per usuall. Got S. Logan on loan from city (immense), and fred sears from west ham on loan (quality banged in 22 goals in 29 apps) and bought jarett in the jan (average 7.20) Craig Davies fires 20+in first season, taylor is ok, hughes dosent score too many but gets the assists, lids is good and reuben hazell is immense... Started off quality... including coming back from 3-0 down against hull in the carling cup and beating them 4-3.... was looking at a playoff place but didnt win any of my last 7-8 games so fell just short. Was looking forward to my next season but like an idiot sold, taylor, eards, allott and hughes thinking the board would give me more money but no!! So now i have no squad nor any money.... Think i need to start again :-)

• 3 weeks later...

just got promoted in second season after beating B Rovers in play off final (lost play off semi in 1st season) :grin:

Fraser Forster on loan is a good keeper.

Mascio is good as is his mate Cascio :lol:

The mighty Wolf comes good after a while :grin:

Still got Hughes (19 goals this season), Davies, Taylor and Eardley.

Richie Byrne became my best defender! :shock: (i let him go early on last time when I got sacked in season 3).

wish me luck for the Championship :unsure: