Latics shamed by fans' behaviour

This is the rarely wrong Chron's inflamatory headline which gives a totally false impression of your average Latics fan. Instead of pointing out how few culprits there are, and putting a positive slant on the reputation of Latics supporters, this sort of journalism is just the kind of amunition the anti-football brigade want. Next news they'll be chucking well-behaved pensioners out of a pub for supporting the wrong team! Oh hang on a minute........I'm getting deja vu.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-fans-behaviour

Awful journalism!

Man Utd should be peed orf too, given that their banning order to people in ground ratio is twice as good as Latics rather than "still among the worst". They have bigger crowds chaps - hence more people being norty.

From a Latics perspective a report of "despite taking part in over 50 games last season, only 18 arrests were made, showing that football is truly recoveed from it's hooligan past.".

How many got nicked at Stockport?

Edited by opinions4u

For a second there I thought it was referring to the Ricketts chants.

I thought that too. What a :censored:e story. We must have averaged over 500 away last season, that’s maybe 20,000 opportunities to get nicked when you include the Cups, plus over 100,000 home attendances. It’s hardly a crime epidemic. I’m sure there will be a few more bans this year mind you, even the Police Intelligence Service must know who the likely candidates are from a quick glance around on “Ban Rescinding Saturday” down at Vale.

I thought that too. What a :censored:e story. We must have averaged over 500 away last season, that’s maybe 20,000 opportunities to get nicked when you include the Cups, plus over 100,000 home attendances. It’s hardly a crime epidemic. I’m sure there will be a few more bans this year mind you, even the Police Intelligence Service must know who the likely candidates are from a quick glance around on “Ban Rescinding Saturday” down at Vale.

Typical Chron story. Its Oldham-centric outlook is rarely realistic but often amusing. Big Fin tells the following story about his time at the rarely. It goes something like this:

It's 9/11. Someone goes into the deputy editor's office and says that the World Trade centre towers have been hit by planes, and that world war three is suddenly right on the cards. Deputy editor looks up and says: "Is anyone from Oldham there?"

That's why Oldham's reasonable fan behaviour is at the top of that article. Parochialism, and an anti-OAFC agenda.

This is the rarely wrong Chron's inflamatory headline which gives a totally false impression of your average Latics fan. Instead of pointing out how few culprits there are, and putting a positive slant on the reputation of Latics supporters, this sort of journalism is just the kind of amunition the anti-football brigade want. Next news they'll be chucking well-behaved pensioners out of a pub for supporting the wrong team! Oh hang on a minute........I'm getting deja vu.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-fans-behaviour

I don't think those figures are bad when you consider the contempt with which most football fans are treated by the authorities. I've always believed if you treast people like animals...........

You might have been spending, but they can fit more customers in if they stand rather than insisting on having a nice comfy seat which takes a load of space up.

On the positive side though, the service was extremely quick and I got a seat by the window :wink:

Someone is always waiting to step in and sit down after another's misfortune. :grin:

Guest oa_exile
18 arrests in 10 months.....big deal....

How many arrests happen in one Friday night in Oldham town centre....

By the way Mr Chronicle...just because someone has been arrested dosent mean they where charged.... :censored: piss poor journalism :)

Probably not many as it's heavily Policed these days :bobby: