Darren Byfield

jsslatic

Mr Jamelia  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Darren Byfield: Stay or Go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Stay, but only if he scores against Posh

With Shez saying 'wait-and-see' over DB's loan...would you like to see him stay on? I've seen him twice, at Northampton and Southend, and he looked pretty good, though some say he wasn't so good against Walsall. For me, he's a tricky, skilfull player who is proven at this level, and once he gets a goal (which I think is going to be sooner or later) then him and Hughes up front would be difficult to defend against.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Shez saying 'wait-and-see' over DB's loan...would you like to see him stay on? I've seen him twice, at Northampton and Southend, and he looked pretty good, though some say he wasn't so good against Walsall. For me, he's a tricky, skilfull player who is proven at this level, and once he gets a goal (which I think is going to be sooner or later) then him and Hughes up front would be difficult to defend against.

I would definitely keep him here for at least another month, maybe even longer.........he's a proven striker at this level and above.

We need to improve the supply line to our forwards and with better service Hughes and Byfield is a combination that will score plenty of goals in this division.

It can be a problem with loans - more short term to be renewed types, where the player is expected to settle in to the team straight away. Settling into a team takes at least two things on the pitch - the loanee understanding how the players around him play and are most likely to feed the ball to him and vice versa, where it is his strengths lie and how the players around him anticipating his movement etc. To me it sounds like (and I can't judge first hand (exile)) on his performances he should stay, even if he hasn't banged in the goals because these will come when there is a better understanding between the players.

When iv seen him he cant seem to get his head up and by the time he has hes got 3 men round him.

Think CD has more potential but i dont know who i would prefer to have at this moment as Byfield seems to have his head screwed on, want to improve and generally have a better attitude.

When iv seen him he cant seem to get his head up and by the time he has hes got 3 men round him.

Think CD has more potential but i dont know who i would prefer to have at this moment as Byfield seems to have his head screwed on, want to improve and generally have a better attitude.

:unsure:

Your post sounds like you are comparing two youth team prospects. Byfield has been there and done it for a decade. Granted his best is probably behind him but he's hardly got to go for extensive coaching lessons in the basics of the game

No, so whats the point in keeping a loan player in case someone gobs off to the ref again or gets injured.

Because the loan player in question is probably better than what we already have and will almost certainly start today if fit.

No, so whats the point in keeping a loan player in case someone gobs off to the ref again or gets injured.

We could sign Lionel Messi tomorrow for a club record £750,001 and he could get injured when he gets lamped in training by someone so does that mean we should never sign anyone at any point just in case they get injured?

Do we have the option to keep him until the transfer window?

I thought today was his last game.

For me, the question is something I can't answer.

Hughes and Alessandra is the most productive partnership up front. O'Grady showed a touch of class in the move that beat Walsall and was also sharp against Brighton.

What's happening with Davies?

What's happening with Hughes?

Let's assume Hughes stays and Davies leaves - do we have budget for a 4th striker? If so, Byfield would do for me. But would he be an expensive luxury?

We need to know the bigger picture!

From what I heard of the commentary (last 20 minutes or so of the Posh radio coverage) Byfield worked hard today and played well. Still no goals though. Jury's out. If we do re-sign him and he plays his part then I'll be more than happy. If not, there will be others at least as good.

Done booger all since coming. Strolls around like he's better than he is. Another CD if ever there was one, but not half as good and that's saying sommat with my views of CD.

Never rated Byfield and never will going off what I've seen.

E4e

PONCE

Byfield not half as good as Davies you say?

Just an observation to one aspect of their game but Darren CAN trap a ball.He`s got an excellent first touch & close control of the ball.Whereas Craig erm.....well,no not really.

Not having a go at Craig but I think you possibly need to reassess your "half as good"quote.

Done booger all since coming. Strolls around like he's better than he is. Another CD if ever there was one, but not half as good and that's saying sommat with my views of CD.

E4e

PONCE

This is the 2nd post of yours that I have read Nik.

So, Byfield has played 4 games for us. And you have seen what, 1 game at home to Walsall and feel you can make the above comment. You are so wrong.

Byfield had, imo, a decent game against Walsall and today was his best to date. He led the line superbly, this in turn freeing Hughes who was a total pain in the aris to Boro.

I know this is a message board and is about expressing opinions, but for gods sake make the comments on what you have seen not what you feel. Nik out :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

E4e

PONCE

You didn't see him today.....

You didn't see him today.....

I saw him yesterday and didn't see anything better than what we already have.

He found space but lost the ball more than he offered in a striking partnership with Hughes.

We benched Davies for more than what Byfield has given so far.

And O'Grady must feel very unlucky after recent good performances.

Edited by mikejh45

I saw him yesterday and didn't see anything better than what we already have.

He found space but lost the ball more than he offered in a striking partnership with Hughes.

We benched Davies for more than what Byfield has given so far.

And O'Grady must feel very unlucky after recent good performances.

The fact is we've taken 10 from 12 in the matches he's played in so far so he must be doing something right!!!

It takes a player several games to get used to his team mates and if he were to just get a goal or two we could have a great partnership in the making!!