Hughes Considers Contract Offer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but so much for the 'Eardley has been sold which is why he isn't playing' rumour.

i followed a couple of pensioners away from the ground who were 'rattling' on about this...

the more vocal one.. the woman- and i think most would know her... blue jacket, half mast keks and although her vocabulary was polite enough talking to her friend, she has an altogether different persona inside the ground...

well anyway, she was telling her equally aged friend that THEY (her hubby I'm guessing- a tad hard to work out really as he obviously knew his place- kept shtum!!) had heard that Eardley has been sold, Hughes has been sold, and Taylor has been sold and that's why none of them can be bothered!!!! .. then following on that the whole team was rubbish too!

was great to listen too, but i didn't want to follow her around royton too much so i split and went home for mi tea!!!

i followed a couple of pensioners away from the ground who were 'rattling' on about this...

the more vocal one.. the woman- and i think most would know her... blue jacket, half mast keks and although her vocabulary was polite enough talking to her friend, she has an altogether different persona inside the ground...

well anyway, she was telling her equally aged friend that THEY (her hubby I'm guessing- a tad hard to work out really as he obviously knew his place- kept shtum!!) had heard that Eardley has been sold, Hughes has been sold, and Taylor has been sold and that's why none of them can be bothered!!!! .. then following on that the whole team was rubbish too!

was great to listen too, but i didn't want to follow her around royton too much so i split and went home for mi tea!!!

Then she may feel a bit silly when she gets home and sees the Hughes news on the 'fishal'.

“The contract offer would make Hughes the clubs highest paid player since the current owners assumed control”

I may be wrong and I am Often lol But didnt the club come out and say Killen was on £6000 a week?

If so thats not bad for Hughesy in the 3rd Tier!

“The contract offer would make Hughes the clubs highest paid player since the current owners assumed control”

I may be wrong and I am Often lol But didnt the club come out and say Killen was on £6000 a week?

that would be from chris m**** days though he was signed by dowie. i doubt it would be much more than half that at the very most.

that would be from chris m**** days though he was signed by dowie. i doubt it would be much more than half that at the very most.

The Current owners were in control when Chris Killen was being paid though.

Corney came out publicly to settle various issues when we got rid of him so, if the Official site is right Hughes is on more?

£6k, nah. He was more or less on the same amount the highest earner we have now at the club now (highest wage earner is on around £2.5 k) but had quite a few clauses.

Guest sheridans_world

IIRC we paid him 13k per apperance and 26k per goal.

We paid him over £900k while he was at the club and paid £200k for him in the first place.

He was at latics just short of three and a half years.

900k / 182wk = £4945 per week.

The Current owners were in control when Chris Killen was being paid though.

Corney came out publicly to settle various issues when we got rid of him so, if the Official site is right Hughes is on more?

I think what was meant was this is the most lucrative contract they have offered during their time as the clubs owners. Hence may have been more lucrative than the deal we offered neil kk

IIRC we paid him 13k per apperance and 26k per goal.

We paid him over £900k while he was at the club and paid £200k for him in the first place.

He was at latics just short of three and a half years.

900k / 182wk = £4945 per week.

So Hughes will be on more!!!

The club said he’s on £1800 a week now flat rate.

He gets an appearance fee and goal bonus etc an even gets paid to train so Hughes will be nearer £3000 now!!

The new contract will be more than 6000K a week.

Guest sheridans_world
So Hughes will be on more!!!

The club said he’s on £1800 a week now flat rate.

He gets an appearance fee and goal bonus etc an even gets paid to train so Hughes will be nearer £3000 now!!

The new contract will be more than 6000K a week.

I dont know, I think Carl has a point. Its the best contract 'offered' while they have been at the club, rather than the best contract 'in progress' when they bought the club.

I dont know, I think Carl has a point. Its the best contract 'offered' while they have been at the club, rather than the best contract 'in progress' when they bought the club.

They should have said that then rather than the highest paid blah blah blah lol

Guest sheridans_world

No its true, they cant take responsibilty of what the previous owner did. They have run the club like a business, like it should be and, under their stewardship, Hughes will be the highest paid player.

Kyle, I think you need to read the story on the OS again.

Barry Owen says and I quote "The financial offer and length of contract made to Lee Hughes is the best that has been made to any player since the owners arrived."

Cheers,

Harry

I would like to think Hughes will sign it, but we need to be cautious and understand that it is NOT a done deal.

Equally, I'd like to know if Taylor's current form is down to knowledge that he's being pushed out - or are we going to offer our most creative penalty winner a bumper deal too?

It is hopefully good news.

But this has thetext halmarks of the Wellens (I think, or was it Kilkenny?) when they said it would have made him the highest paid ever, but he still went elsewhere.

No sure about this, but hopefully as Barry is invloved all will be well.