Wellens

Couldn't care less really. We've had loads of players who've followed the red side of Manchester. I'd still have him back here in a flash, we've never truly replaced him have we?

All joking apart, no we haven't replaced him, someone of his ilk is just what the doctor orders to serve Hughes and Windass - we may even win at home! I'm sure Wellens signed for Blackpool from Man Ure didn't he? Oh and yes Shez is a red, one of the best moments of his career was him scoring a penalty at the Stretford End in April '93 for Sheff Wed. Probably one of the worst was Steve Bruce's winner in the 116th Minute!

All joking apart, no we haven't replaced him, someone of his ilk is just what the doctor orders to serve Hughes and Windass - we may even win at home! I'm sure Wellens signed for Blackpool from Man Ure didn't he? Oh and yes Shez is a red, one of the best moments of his career was him scoring a penalty at the Stretford End in April '93 for Sheff Wed. Probably one of the worst was Steve Bruce's winner in the 116th Minute!

I spotted him too.

Seeing aqs he is a former Old Trafford trainee and no longer plays for us, I can't really blame him for going and watching them. Glad I am not a Doncaster Dee Dah Rovers fan though.

I suppose it is only like Scholes coming watching Latics with his lad.

Have we replaced Wellens - NO. Not by a long chalk. He was a quality player and is heads and shoulders above our current midfield. Yes, he had a short fuse at times, but I'd have him back in a flash.

It was known that he was a United fan well before he signed for us, so I dont see why it's a suprise that he's at a game.

must be a slow news day eh....nothing on the box and horrid weather...

couldnt care what he does,he doesnt play for us anymore so cant see what the big deal is....

think vernon was a reds fan and porter as well....

Doesn't Shez have a soft spot for ManU? Just saying.

There's one of those Premier League shows on Sky when he scores a penalty against United and before he steps up the commentator says "can Sheridan, the Manchester United fan score". So yes, he is too.

Same game where Nigel Worthington(?) just stands next to the post as the ball is headed past him.

Wellens never his the fact that he was a massive united fan. His whole family are united fans apart from 3 of his uncles and one of his cousins who are city fans. His dad is also a season ticket holder at united. I knew he would be at the game yesterday. Just cause you play for a team doesnt mean you have to be a fan. How many of our players do you think are Oldham fans.....Taylor excluded.