Will the club be able to resist an offer like this?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible but also possible that McCarthy seen at Latics on Monday . journo thinks who on earth might he be watching and comes up with Taylor. Conjecture is a long way off reality.

And there were about 20 other managers/scouts there - lots more rumours to come!

No, but if we could get Danny Jones in on a season long loan deal as part of the deal we would be fine. Jones does exactly what is required, bomb forward with pace and whip a ball in. I would be delighted with Jones as our left sided midfielder for the remainder of the season should The Ginger Prince be sold.

Apparantly its been on the Radio

Let's remember how rumours grow. There's a speculative comment in a paper, gets spread onto websites. messageboards, gets picked up by local radio, then somewhere else etc. There may be truth in this but let's recall the thousands of moves that are touted in the media and how few ever come to anything.

Edited by LaticsPete

No, but if we could get Danny Jones in on a season long loan deal as part of the deal we would be fine. Jones does exactly what is required, bomb forward with pace and whip a ball in. I would be delighted with Jones as our left sided midfielder for the remainder of the season should The Ginger Prince be sold.

But despite common opinions on here Danny Jones is a left-back.

I don't think TTA amigos would sell Tayls for £1M. It's probably a fair valuation that but we need him, I suspect he would want to stay for now and he isn't likely to decrease in value anytime soon. For these reasons his price ought to be well over the odds.

Let's remember how rumours grow. There's a speculative comment in a paper, gets spread onto websites. messageboards, gets picked up by local radio, then somewhere else etc. There may be truth in this but let's recall the thousands of moves that are touted in the media and how few ever come to anything.

I know I just been looking at different websites cant see anything else

I don't think TTA amigos would sell Tayls for £1M. It's probably a fair valuation that but we need him, I suspect he would want to stay for now and he isn't likely to decrease in value anytime soon. For these reasons his price ought to be well over the odds.

Of course they would sell for £1M!! They are even willing to let Hughes go for less than his buy out clause, we lose money every year and any money we can get back in offsets this especially in the current financial climate.

Of course they would sell for £1M!! They are even willing to let Hughes go for less than his buy out clause, we lose money every year and any money we can get back in offsets this especially in the current financial climate.

Nah, I disagree for the reasons stated previously. TTA have once again shown they have money....they will wait until season end to sell Taylor. They can't desperate to sell anyone otherwise they wouldn't be signing Deano....and they only want to sell Hughes if he wont re-sign.

surely a player can be a left midfielder if he is played there and does well? players dont arrive at clubs with 'left back' stamped on their foreheads. it was said whilst he was at the club that he got too far forward and left the defence exposed, also that he put in a great ball and could take on a man reasonably well yet wasnt the best at tackling, surely the reason for this is most likely that he isnt truly a left back, rather someone who is being played at left back due to a lack of opportunities on the wing.

I would take a little under 1million plus sell-ons if we got jones into the bargain as well, in fact id bite the fellas hand off, because if we're going to have to sell then id rather sell to someone who can give us a ready made replacement straight away.

surely a player can be a left midfielder if he is played there and does well? players dont arrive at clubs with 'left back' stamped on their foreheads. it was said whilst he was at the club that he got too far forward and left the defence exposed, also that he put in a great ball and could take on a man reasonably well yet wasnt the best at tackling, surely the reason for this is most likely that he isnt truly a left back, rather someone who is being played at left back due to a lack of opportunities on the wing.

I would take a little under 1million plus sell-ons if we got jones into the bargain as well, in fact id bite the fellas hand off, because if we're going to have to sell then id rather sell to someone who can give us a ready made replacement straight away.

I agree, I don't doubt that he could make an out-and-out left winger and indeed often looks like one playing at leftback. However it has been established (by OWTB at least :wink: ) that Danny Jones considers himself a leftback and that is where he wants to play. Therefore to sign him as a left winger would be daft unless he agreed to our intention to 'change' his position. You would normally expect this to be the other way round, a la Paul Edwards, who I actually thought made a good leftback.

It's a similar to Eardley.....he's a rightback, but I think he ought to be considered a midfielder. Diffference is I bet Eards would like to play midfield, if only to escape the crowd! :lol:

thats an unfair comparison, hughes is worth £0 in a few months wherea taylor isnt.

£1m straight fee is not enough for me, but i dont matter do i.

Nah, I disagree for the reasons stated previously. TTA have once again shown they have money....they will wait until season end to sell Taylor. They can't desperate to sell anyone otherwise they wouldn't be signing Deano....and they only want to sell Hughes if he wont re-sign.

I just can't see it after the Porter saga, I don't think they will get caught out in a similar way again. I know it's a different scenario with Taylor as he's under contract but I think that episdoe will make them take the money whenever they can.