ipod aaghhhh

j@cko

I am gettin on a bit and thought i'd move with the times, traded my mp3 player an got a ipod, WTF!! i aint really up to date with technology, can someone please help me get tunes on it, it aint copy n paste like my mp3, if any one knows can they post in simple steps please from the beginin, cheerz

I am gettin on a bit and thought i'd move with the times, traded my mp3 player an got a ipod, WTF!! i aint really up to date with technology, can someone please help me get tunes on it, it aint copy n paste like my mp3, if any one knows can they post in simple steps please from the beginin, cheerz

Hi Jacko - maybe stick this in the Music section, lots of ipoders down there? I'd move the post but I'm not important enough :wink::moderator:

It's all done thru iTunes, the software you should have got with the iPod or downloadable from the Apple website if you didn't. Install that and it will allow yer PC/Mac to talk to yer iPod and you can drag & drop music from your hard-drive to yer iPod via iTunes. Or, you can purchase music via the iTunes store if that floats yer boat.

A word of warning - iTunes-purchased music is full of DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection and gives no flexibility of how you can listen to it. Also it is in Apple's AAC format further limiting how & where it can be played i.e. it won't play on a lot of other MP3 players. Another word of caution is that iTunes is very RAM hungry and will run slowly on an older PC.

There are ways of managing your iPod other than via iTunes but they tend to be a little more complicated and if you're a little "technophobic" (no offence meant) then you might struggle a bit.