Left Back Signs on Loan

Left-back deal for Latics

Reporter: TONY BUGBY

Date online: 19/01/2009

ATHLETIC’S lengthy search for a left back is over after they completed the loan signing of Scott Golbourne from Championship club Reading today.

The 20-year-old former England youth international kicked off his career at Bristol City before joining the Royals in January, 2006

ATHLETIC’S lengthy search for a left back is over after they completed the loan signing of Scott Golbourne from Championship club Reading today.

The 20-year-old former England youth international kicked off his career at Bristol City before joining the Royals in January, 2006

No mention on fishal. :huh:

Thanks Kelvin..... off you go on loan lad. After watching the goals back be joining Fraebentos!

nothing on os or bbc...did notice gareth owen going to port vale though,lol.

be good to get lomax out of the firing line so to speak,give him a break and take some pressure off..

anybody know what kind of player he is??? stalwart defender or does he like to get forward and that.

about time, now all we need is a centre back and a centre mid.

Good luck and welcome Scott. He sounds a very decent prospect, looking forward to seeing him play on Saturday.

Left back is my position so I'm slightly disappointed I didn't get a call up.

nothing on os or bbc...did notice gareth owen going to port vale though,lol.

be good to get lomax out of the firing line so to speak,give him a break and take some pressure off..

anybody know what kind of player he is??? stalwart defender or does he like to get forward and that.

Says on LW that he is an attacking LB who knows how to defend

Daniel Jones in disguise:)

That short story was added after this was included at the bottom of Shez's "I'll sort it" story:

Meanwhile, Athletic are stepping up their search for a left-back in the wake of the hammering at Hereford.

Sheridan is pursuing a new target after his efforts to bring in a player, who was understood to be from the Premier League, ended in failure.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Im not going to say it :lol:

Maybe it is Jones, but he's dyed his hair?

Hopefully it’s a good sign that he’s going to a better club each loan spell, and he’s seen as one who is developing rather than who has failed to make it at a higher level. Good to see us maintaining our record in attracting fullbacks with Premiership pedigree, Charlton, Bertrand, Clegg...

Welcome to BP, Scott. Good luck.

Well done, Shez. It's obvious to most/all that Kelvin is not a bad player (as shown by his early season performances), but is going through a a very rough patch. It's good that Shez has moved quickly to bring somebody else in which means Kelvin can step back, work on his game in training and hopefully come back the player we saw in the first three months of the season, rather than the last three games.

Still expect Shez will move for season long deal for DJ when he's fit.

And thanks futcher_briefs...when I saw the story on the Fishal I was wondering when the first comment about the deal involving a potential Taylor move to Reading would surface. Didn't take long after all :grin:

Maybe it is Jones, but he's dyed his hair?

Hopefully it’s a good sign that he’s going to a better club each loan spell, and he’s seen as one who is developing rather than who has failed to make it at a higher level. Good to see us maintaining our record in attracting fullbacks with Premiership pedigree, Charlton, Bertrand, Clegg...

His hair!!??

Welcome to BP, Scott. Good luck.

Well done, Shez. It's obvious to most/all that Kelvin is not a bad player (as shown by his early season performances), but is going through a a very rough patch. It's good that Shez has moved quickly to bring somebody else in which means Kelvin can step back, work on his game in training and hopefully come back the player we saw in the first three months of the season, rather than the last three games.

Still expect Shez will move for season long deal for DJ when he's fit.

And thanks futcher_briefs...when I saw the story on the Fishal I was wondering when the first comment about the deal involving a potential Taylor move to Reading would surface. Didn't take long after all :grin:

Lomax isn't good enough to be at left back for a promotion chasing team.

Should have signed someone as soon as we lost Jones, although its not like Sheridan wasnt trying.

A month long deal - does that mean we can extend for the full season if he does the business? :unsure: