The (Now not so) Big Flag

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

I have just been reading a thread from about a month ago discussing the flag, just wondering if anything has happened since about getting it cut down and selling for smaller flags or taking the crest and putting it on a smaller background?

Update?

Cheers

S_W

Edited by sheridans_world

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work is still underway as far as I'm aware personally, but if you feel like offering your services then say so here, as I know the organiser reads the board from time to time and I'm sure any help would be arreciated!

Guest oa_exile

As we speak as far as i know the Flag has been transported to a company for the much needed repair.

Ominous_Poultry has been overseeing this project

If you need more info please send him a PM

Cheers Exile

Yep the flag is currently ready to be repaired / cut down. There will be an opportunity for everyone to own a piece of the spare material that comes from it. WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!

Thanks for any offers of assistance with this, we'll keep you all posted

Oy Ackey - less of the "time to time" business! :grin:

It's going up to Consett next week - Mandy at AAflags is on holiday this week and she's the one who knows all about it.

I'm just orgainising the transport up there and the cutting down/refurb work, and getting it back. I'm hoping someone else can assist with the selling of the 6x4 flags, the only other thing someone could help with would be taking it up to Consett - I'm strugglign for time so it might have to go on a pallet carrier. I'd prefer to take it though so we can explain and baby sit....

Mark has some thought of what to do with the proceeds from sale of the remnants

We have the option of leaving the remnant flags up at AA and having them do lettering etc (www.aaflags.co.uk) - but we need to decide quick.

It will take a week all being well - so ready for playoffs.

Right - off to reserves now. cheers

Guest sheridans_world

Peanuts, if you PM OminousPoultry then he can organise it. I was going to do it but if you are off work it'll be easier for you, diesel wont be a problem.

What is the final design then?

Just the crest on a smaller "big" flag or into two flags??

both actually - the crest on a smaller big flag and another flag with Keep The Faith. The rest will hopefully be sold as 6x4 flags with the proceeds going to charity.....we want to get it ready for Bradford but it might not be done in time.

as stated on jk flag was delivered to consett this dinner not bad staly vegas to consett in 2 1/2 hours via woodhead (there was a bloody great funeral goin into staly richard dint wana get stuck behind that ) staff were very supprised at the shear size of it (and the flag ) have said they will do there best to get it all sorted for next sat so hopefully will make its debut at bradford apparently they gonna have to hire the local sports hall to lay it out for the trimming lol

Edited by peanuts

richard has just informed me that it has now been cut down and is now being hemmed & stiched chould be ready for the weekend says he will collect it sunday to hopefully debut at bradford .

there are several large andsmall pieces that will be sold off for others to make there own flags with .

Guest oa_exile
Hi guys,

Is there a picture of the flag available?

I was at wembley for the man u semi final & remember seeing a flag.

Is this the same one?

Cheers

KTF

Garylatic

Here is the story before the The (Now not so) Big Flag

The Flag Story

Here is the story before the The (Now not so) Big Flag

The Flag Story

The smaller main crest one is ready and might be back for Hudds and Bradfud.

I reckon if we have it out before remaining games and get the crowd going it'll be a bonus - they are all big games coming up and we need to get the crowd going especially at home.

Edited by OminousPoultry