Robbie Simpson

Heard off very reliable source which I can't give out that Robbie Simpson to sign for Bradford city as they are offering nearly a £1000 more a week. not often I post on here unless the deal is nearly done. Hope we can change his mind at the last minute but looks very doubtful.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard off very reliable source which I can't give out that Robbie Simpson to sign for Bradford city as they are offering nearly a £1000 more a week. not often I post on here unless the deal is nearly done. Hope we can change his mind at the last minute but looks very doubtful.

If he's happy to drop down a division to a side who have hardly been pulling up trees then i can live with that.

I want players here who are commited and not purely driven by money.

If he's happy to drop down a division to a side who have hardly been pulling up trees then i can live with that.

I want players here who are commited and not purely driven by money.

agreed. Really hope not though as he's a really important player for us. Edited by welshgaz

What other 'reliable' information has this source divulged before that was proven to be true? All sorts of made up gubbins tends to be tagged 'from a reliable source' when, in truth, it has no substance to it.

Unless they've had a substantial cash injection an extra £1000 a week offer from a club operating in the same economic circumstances as ourselves sounds unrealistic as does the chances of such a player choosing to drop a division at that stage of his career. He'd surely have other offers than league 2 clubs to consider.

If its the Robbie Simpson who was on loan : its a blow.

If its the Robbie Simpson we signed on a permanent contract : good :censored:ing riddance!

what he said.

in truth, is he really that good?

personally think he lives off the 4 goals he scored against chesterfield.

Edited by philliggi

People at our level going for money doesnt bother me. If someone is offered £1200 a week that is £60k a year. Yes its a good wage, but at 35 you will need to find work. If someone moves to get £2000 a week then fair play. Its not greed, its sorting your future out. There is a vast difference between someone doing that and Rooney stamping his feet to go from £100k to £180k (or whatever figures were involved)

People at our level going for money doesnt bother me. If someone is offered £1200 a week that is £60k a year. Yes its a good wage, but at 35 you will need to find work. If someone moves to get £2000 a week then fair play. Its not greed, its sorting your future out. There is a vast difference between someone doing that and Rooney stamping his feet to go from £100k to £180k (or whatever figures were involved)

Yeah an extra 67% on your wage is not to be sniffed at. Doubly so if you are in a profession where people can earn a million a month and you are lucky to be earning a hundredth of that.

I don't have a problem with 'greed' either. However, I do have to take umbrage with the 'sorting out their future' point. It's not like the finish playing at 35 and then never work another day in their lives. Simpson in particular is an educated man; he shouldn't want for a career in another field when he hangs his boots up.

If its the Robbie Simpson who was on loan : its a blow.

If its the Robbie Simpson we signed on a permanent contract : good :censored:ing riddance!

To be fair, he only seemed like a fish out of water when Dickov made him play on the wing.

If he's been offered significantly more at Bradford than we are offering he should go, but unless there's been a massive overhaul of playing and coaching staff, he should be prepared for a fairly unspectacular lower-end of the table struggle - the team that played us in the JPT were worse than a pub team.

Gary Jones signed for them yesterday which seemed to happen so quickly it must have come from an offer he couldn't refuse?

Has something similar has just changed Robbie's mind despite all the positives last week from the rarely wrong?

Apparantly, Kuqi, M'Changama, Morais and Diallo all have interviews there tomorrow.

Deane Smalley was hoping for one but hasn't heard anything yet.

Edited by hollandspies

Played out of position (on the wing) he was :censored:, and I mean really :censored: when I saw him.

Up front or in the hole, he is an absolute diamond and I would sign him last week for that. It's up to Dickov. If he wants to play the system with him in that position then great, if not, then get rid.

Personally, I'd rather have him in and play him to his strengths as I don't think we have enough money to do much better.

Bradford buy Jones from Rochdale on a free and he must be 67

and then they follow it up by buying Simpson on a grand more than us - yeah that transfer policy makes sense in todays climate

it smells of bs to me - will wait for a championship or bigger league 1 side to come in at the last minute with a better offer

The op does make sense to me, someone in the club told me 10 days nearly ago now he was signing a deal but dickov wanted 2 years and simpson only wanted 2 year with clause if we went down that he could leave for nowt

I asked again Friday morning and was told that hit a glitch and stalled, Bradistan come in and bingo bye robbie, i wont slag him off end of the day if u were on 50,000 a year and someone at a sister company offers you 100,000 to do the same job you take it

Called reality

The op does make sense to me, someone in the club told me 10 days nearly ago now he was signing a deal but dickov wanted 2 years and simpson only wanted 2 year with clause if we went down that he could leave for nowt

I asked again Friday morning and was told that hit a glitch and stalled, Bradistan come in and bingo bye robbie, i wont slag him off end of the day if u were on 50,000 a year and someone at a sister company offers you 100,000 to do the same job you take it

Called reality

Does it make sense though? He wanted to go for nowt if we got relegated and we said no, so he rejects our offer and drops a division?

We'll wait and see, if the figures being banded about are true then of course he will leave. As with most things on here though, I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. Always sceptical of things that 'come from someone in the club'. How many of posters' colleagues know the ins and outs of their offers and negotiations over pay packets? Certainly if a colleague told me about such a situation I wouldn't be telling anyone else...

I know Bradford get decent gates, but they have a smaller percentage of turnover in L2 to spend on wages. However they have just saved about £600000 a year by moving out of their offices, but they will have to find new ones. Can't see them being able to offer that much more than us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bradford_city/9458919.stm