Wellens to Doncaster apparently

Looks like another of our so-called 'big-names' has jumped ship. If they don't want to be here then so be it! Much rather have a team of kids that want to play than a bunch of big time charlies that are only out for themselves and their bank balance. Maybe we'll see a forward pass next season...............

confirmed!

http://www.doncasterroversfc.premiumtv.co....1067859,00.html

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MASSIVE sideways step. Can only be for the money.

Yeah, yeah...who can blame him...blah, blah, blah....! So much for the ambition of a final chance of the big stage by playing in a higher league. Really disappointed if he goes to Donny.

Whatever! Bring on Allott!?!?!?!?

****Edit****

Richie says -"It feels good. I've come to a club that is on the up (?????? - my edit) - an ambitious club. I hope that I can achieve the aim here, which is to get in the Championship. There were a couple of Championship clubs interested in me, but situations changed and everything seemed right to come to Doncaster."

What situations changed???

Edited by murrayzmint

MASSIVE sideways step. Can only be for the money.

Yeah, yeah...who can blame him...blah, blah, blah....! So much for the ambition of a final chance of the big stage by playing in a higher league. Really disappointed if he goes to Donny.

Whatever! Bring on Allott!?!?!?!?

Playig devil's advocate here! While footballers in league make an excellent salary compared to the normal joe blogs on the street, their career is often short and can be cut even shorter by an unfortunate injury. In a way I understand wellens going for the money, who can blame him really! I think most of us, given the opportunity, would do exactly the same!

What I don't understand is a premiership player leaving 1 club for £40000 a week to play for another club who pays £50000 a week. Wahtever way you look at it they are making for a fortune so they may as well play for ambition.

Edited by laticsmad

Playig devil's advocate here! While footballers in league make an excellent salary compared to the normal joe blogs on the street, their career is often short and can be cut even shorter by an unfortunate injury. In a way I understand wellens going for the money, who can blame him really! I think most of us, given the opportunity, would do exactly the same!

What I don't understand is a premiership player leaving 1 club for £40000 a week to play for another club who pays £50000 a week. Wahtever way you look at it they are making for a fortune so they may as well play for ambition.

It must be the money. He says situations changed. That means the Championship sides weren't interested like he thought they were. So, he's just gone for more dosh and is now spouting the party line about winning promotion etc.

when this rumour surfaced a month or so back, i was livid... after all that has happened over the last few weeks I can honestly say i'm not suprised... and strangely not that bothered... if he doesnt want to play for us then sod off...

Massive holes in our squad now though... I hope so much KK signs for us now.... we seriously need it... right boys, time for you to prove these idiots wrong....

Looks like i'll be burning my Wellens shirt tonight then.... will film it and bang it on youtube....

Why am I so blaise about our best player leaving the club?? Dont understand it myself... just roll with the punches i suppose....

Ugh....

Was told a while ago that they were the only club (apart from us) who offered hime a deal!!! Great player, vanished to much for me in big games .... still would love him to be in blue shirt this year

See the Cron reporters work for Donny ... Wellens helped us gain a place last season just outside the play-off zone ?????

It's sad, and very annoying, but true that most players are only out for themselves these days.

The way I always saw it is that if they don't want to play for us and are money motivated then good riddance.

But the problem is that we probably struggle to form a five-a-side team if all the ones who put money before the club were shown the door.

I'm in a gloomy mood at the moment - thank you for that Wellens - but to hell with it, I reckon Sheridan will bag a few more signings soon that will get me cheering again.

KTF

I am beginning to blame myself for the players leaving boundary park.Having believed all the postings that Porter and Wellens were signing on Friday, I went and invested some of my hard earned cash on us getting both promotion and winning the league(each way as I am a coward) .This investment was struck at 3.30pm on Friday. We all know what happened shortly after :angry::angry:

Sorry everybody, If I EVER say that I have inside information please disregard it as it is patently untrue :blush:

It's sad, and very annoying, but true that most players are only out for themselves these days.

The way I always saw it is that if they don't want to play for us and are money motivated then good riddance.

But the problem is that we probably struggle to form a five-a-side team if all the ones who put money before the club were shown the door.

I'm in a gloomy mood at the moment - thank you for that Wellens - but to hell with it, I reckon Sheridan will bag a few more signings soon that will get me cheering again.

KTF

I just wont be getting a players name put on my shirt...my record speaks for itsself

• Jermaine Johnson
  • Luke Beckett
  • Richie Wellens

I also had a Talbot coat think i should stop wearing all things latics!

I've posted earlier regarding players' decisions (Porter) and that it is their right to move on and improve theirself, how i wish i'd not posted that now!!! But i just feel with wellens so piddled off because of where he has gone. Just goes to show, yet another money grabbing, greedy basket, and i suppose we are now feeling just the same as Blackpool did, when he signed for us.

No consolation at the moment though. :disappointed:

I just wont be getting a players name put on my shirt...my record speaks for itsself
  • Jermaine Johnson
  • Luke Beckett
  • Richie Wellens
I also had a Talbot coat think i should stop wearing all things latics!

My record stands as:

Adams 7 first time round and gone.

F Hall 21, gone same season

Eyres 28, gone same season

Wellens 7 gone same season

I'll leave it a while this time and if we do need rid of anyone, I'll have them put on my shirt.

I'm not really devastated about this. Wellens was our best player but that isn't always the best for the team. Next season hopefully we'll have 3 or 4 creative outlets of different types, I'm always dubious of players who need the team building around them.

Disappointing that he's left for the money, but then we don't know how big a financial gap we're talking about. If it's peanuts then it's poor from him, if it's big bucks then he was always likely to go.

I cant help but think we're in for a mediocre season next year.

Hmmm.

Miffed. Money Matters.

Had a look at the squad today and we've lost quite a few haven't we. Yet we don't seem to have brought enough in, even with the two signings to come to cover the released players and those who left out of contract.

Hopefully we'll have a few more besides these two. Squad would look very thin with an injury or two. Time to exploit that loan system like many others did so well last season. We've got a few teams who've given us a hand in the past and I'm sure we can make a few calls again to beef the squad up. Cheap at half the price and risk free too :)

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I cant help but think we're in for a mediocre season next year.

Hmmm.

Miffed. Money Matters.

Don't agree. The defence is shaping up nicely, we've got one top quality winger, a goal machine awaiting parole, what looks like a ball-winning midfield, and a keeper whose head is okay. We might not need a dinky-passing, forward-looking midfielder who can't shoot.

Goodby and good luck, Richie. Onwards and sideways, and down a bit. I posted a few weeks ago to say that a move to Wolves was imminent, but what a load of old :censored: that was. Championship? He was having a laugh.

i aint worrying about him going...a new team is shaping up here and i'm more excited about pre-season than last year...

this will be a proper shez team-his players with his stamp on it.

at time wellens played like a man possesed...too many times though his head sank when things were going against him-a fault blackpool fans warned us about.

but hey-ho...a big wage off the roll,it will help shez no-end with new signings.

blocks to last season! the new season is nigh and we will be enjoying it even more!

:dance::bblue2:

visca barca! visca latics!!!!!!

Lets not get too depressed, its only early July - plenty of time for some decent signings. Remember a couple of weeks ago everyone was doom & gloom and then we signed Davies, suddenly things looked rosy again.

Let's face it last season we had 1 proper striker (Porter) who was good for about 4 months and Warney who ran about a lot. At least this season we have what look to be 2 decent strikers in Hughes & Davies.

Ideally we still need a left back, a creative midfield player and another striker. We possibly also need someone for the right wing as apart from Liddle can't think of anyone else who could start in that position.

Wellens will be a loss but these things happen at our level, players will always go for more money despite what they may say in the press, isn't that why we got Kalala.

I still think that potentially we could start the season with a better squad than last year.