At lunchtime Sam was talking about the weekend's game at the Trafford Nike Ballpark and his potential signings. :sign0007:

Applicants beware - Toontastic poisoned chalice! However you'll soon get a big pay-off, appear as a TV pundit for a few months and then get another job in the Greedy League - might even get your old job back!

How can so called businessmen waste so much money, not only will they have to pay off Sam but probably his entourage ?

Never had a chance up there really. The chairman has been influenced by the fans, even more so when he goe's standing with them in the stand.

Shame really cos given the time, i think he might have brought them some success.

That Mike Ashley has a lot of fans to keep happy, he's got money so its not really an issue. Must have a replacement lined up as the new manager will want to strengthen during the window...Houllier or someone like that, as long as they keep away from our Shez lol

Chuffed to bits! Happy as Larry.....I've always wanted to see Newcastle do well, but not while he's been there. Was a car crash waiting to happen. As obvious this day was coming (I gave him till Xmas, I missed out by 2wks) as it was for Sanchez when Fulham took him on. Why can't these idiots in charge of clubs see it? Toss fat Sam a greasy Greek at an unfashionable club and Sam will get them playing higher than their level. Granted. Give him :censored:loads of cash and egos to handle and watch him crash and burn.

Now....I just hope the players give the red scum a run for their money now they've got to impress any new potential manager!

Oh and the sweetest irony of all ironies (it was the reason I started hating him).....Fat Sam once shat all over The Magpies.....Now The Magpies have shat all over Fat Sam! Sweet!

Edited by boundaryblue80

That Mike Ashley has a lot of fans to keep happy, he's got money so its not really an issue.

Thing is, he seems to think that the way to keep the fans happy is to stand in the end with them wearing a barcode shirt, buy them a big round of drinks at half-time, and play at being Billy Big Balls around Newcastle on a Friday night. He hasn't spent much yet ... let's see if he'll give a new manager any money.

You know the biggest joke of that? Ashley isn't even a Newcastle fan! He followed Arsenal before he bought Newcastle!

The sad truth is that for as long as the Toon fans and board exist in their own fantasy land of being a "big club" and keep piling on the pressure for immediate success, they will continue in the same pathetic under-achieving spiral of spewing money down the drain with one failed manager after another.

If Ashley has any intention of sticking around (which I doubt by the way) he needs to grow a pair of balls, face up to the ridiculous expectation of the fans, find the manager and staff he wants to stick by and put in place a five year plan.

Edited by garcon

The sad truth is that for as long as the Toon fans and board exist in their own fantasy land of being a "big club" and keep piling on the pressure for immediate success, they will continue in the same pathetic under-achieving spiral of spewing money down the drain with one failed manager after another.

Precisely. They need to realise that they are massively over-achieving and actually be a little bit glad they have a top division team, not bemoaning not winning the European Cup every year. Although they have spent a fair bit, it's 1) Usually players picked by a manager about to be sacked, and 2) players who want more than they are worth because otherwise they wouldn't go there anyway.

Precisely. They need to realise that they are massively over-achieving and actually be a little bit glad they have a top division team, not bemoaning not winning the European Cup every year. Although they have spent a fair bit, it's 1) Usually players picked by a manager about to be sacked, and 2) players who want more than they are worth because otherwise they wouldn't go there anyway.

its a shame as i like allerdyce,and he wasnt given a fair chance really.

always was against him as the so called big names there didnt like him,well i hope mr given is happy now.

ludicrous decision to waste so much money.

the club is wrong from top to bottom and he was addressing that,but the fans want flair..

i hope shearer gets the job,and he does :censored:,serve the big headed geordie underacheiver right.

Fat Sam must be gutted.

I'm sure he'll get a nice pay-off but I bet it is nothing compared with the little earner he could have made during the transfer window!

I think it would have to now be given to Shearer or we are back in the crazy situation where a new manager is constantly looking over his shoulder.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wor Bobby back in some capacity though, if he is well enough.

Newcastle is such joke of a club. They haven't achieved anything for years. I cant remember anything worth shouting about since in Keagan went close to the title with them in 95/96 (?) or perhaps it was earlier than that. Either way the fact that their fans believe they should be challenging for a champs league spot or even the title (HAHA!) is a complete joke.

I wonder if Newcastle fans ever ask themselves why they aren't ever coming close to achieving anything despite throwing loads of money at the problem. Could it be that even one defeat is followed by calls for the managers head and choruses of boos for the players. I don't think money has been spent wisely, the wrong players bought at inflated prices (who buys Alan Smith ffs?) but I think the lack of backing from the fans and indeed complete lack of any patience whatsoever from themselves and the board is as much to blame.

Best fans in the world? Always makes me laugh when I hear that. Fair enough Newcastle have a lot of fans and generally sell out away allocations and when things are going well they back the team. But any fans in the country back their team when things are going well. I've never known a set of fans get on the manager's and player's back though as fast as the toon army when things aren't going to plan. Maybe ficklest fans in the world would be more accurate?

I've always wanted Newcastle to do well tbh, possibly because one of my best mates supports them, but tbh the club's a circus. If I was a manager I wouldn't want anything to do with 'em and Allardyce is probably in shock that he has only been given half a season to sort it out. He said from the start it would take 3 seasons to sort out the shambles that was the defence and equally the unbalanced, stale attack. Did he get 3 years, could the toon army actually have a bit of patience and intelligence to let the man do his job? Could they f***! Half a season and he is sacked when they are in midtable and what? 6/9 points away from teams like Everton, Villa and Portsmouth who are all meant to be having good seasons? Hardly a disaster is it! I hope they appoint a new manager, boo them after they lose their first game and continue to do so for the rest of the season, culminating in another sacking. Those fans and that board don't deserve any success!

The Ronnie Moore of the Premiership.

The Newcastle job is a thankless task, simply because the fans always expect too much. I hope Shearer has more sense than to take the job. Equally I don't like Allardyce, he's a total two hat.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I think they should get in a manager with certain criteria.

(1) Must have a previous connection with Newcastle United. Newcastle fans love nothing more than one of their own.

(2) Must have managed in top division football, none of this lower league rubbish.

(3) International managerial experience is a must to attain the respect of Worldclass players.

If so, only one name in it then. Wadsworth it is.

It reminds me very much of the Ronnie Moore situation with us. Newcastle (like Latics) have had a reputation for playing good attacking football over the years and when a manager such as Allardyce (or in our case Warnock or Moore) comes along and changes this and goes long ball and negative it's just never gonna wash with the fans. He may have had half a chance had they shot straight to the top of the league in August but even then I bet (as with Latics) even with success on the field the fans would have still got on his back for the style of play.

Big Sam came in and the first thing he mentioned in the press was that it'd take 5 years for him to actually do anything. What do they give him. Barely 250 days or so.

It's a stupid move to sack him. Then again, it was a stupid move for him to go there in the first place. Anyone who takes that job who's not a Geordie is on a loser from the start. He'd of stood better chances of surviving in a cage of lions than still being manager by the summer.

I absolutely loathe how the media and Newcastle fans themselves see them as the most passionate fans in the country. It's about Cod. Just because some fat overweight piehead takes his shirt off in sub zero temperatures doesnt mean he's passionate. It just mean's he is what most Newcastle fans actually are. Stupid and utterly clueless.

Newcastle arent the most passionate supporters in this country. They're the most fickle.

Best fans in the world? Always makes me laugh when I hear that. Fair enough Newcastle have a lot of fans and generally sell out away allocations and when things are going well they back the team.

How many fans were there at St James's when we palyed them all them seasons ago in the early 90s.

Cant remember it being sold out then.

As pointed out buy a guy on the radio, Newcastle have an advantage as their city is not split as Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London etc are.

How many fans were there at St James's when we played them all them seasons ago in the early 90s.

Cant remember it being sold out then.

As pointed out by a guy on the radio, Newcastle have an advantage as their city is not split as Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London etc are.

Yay, let's have a go at Newcastle fans time again.

Simply put, they are the same as nearly all fans in the Country. Away from home they sing, at home they moan. It's just in both scenarios there are miles more of them than in most places.

Newcastle wasn't sold out when we played them in the league (nor is it sold out nowadays), but they had over 30,000 there which isn't bad.

Newcastle can as easily come back with the split city argument with the size differential argument.

As for best fans = media.

Yay, let's have a go at Newcastle fans time again.

Simply put, they are the same as nearly all fans in the Country. Away from home they sing, at home they moan. It's just in both scenarios there are miles more of them than in most places.

Newcastle wasn't sold out when we played them in the league (nor is it sold out nowadays), but they had over 30,000 there which isn't bad.

Newcastle can as easily come back with the split city argument with the size differential argument.

As for best fans = media.

No it wasn't a go at Newcastle fans, what it was meant to be is to point out that although although they try and portray themselves as the best in the country they are, on the whole, no different to any other supporters in the country.

And you are completely wrong thats its just a media thing. You should have listened to the Radio 5 last night. Call after call, and indeed the guy from the supporters club (whatever it was), referred to themselves as the best in the country.

Plus 90% of them harked back to the days of Keegan.

Bring back Joe Royle.