Fire sale starts at Luton

This has been coming for a long while IMO, all these clubs that go into administrator and are then saved at the last minute, sooner or later one isn't going to be saved at the last minute and it is going to go to the wall (be a dark day for football when it happens). But once one goes i can see one or two more going the same way.

Been saying this myself for ages.

In 2003 I was more or less convinced we were done for, and no one could tell me otherwise, but fortunately TTA came in and saved the day.

Like you said, all it will take is 1 club to go to the wall, then several others will follow. Although from these players sales and the liverpool tie luton could make about 1.5 mill, off a debt of 8 million, that aint alot!!! and it makes our debt look tiny.

Really really hope someone does come in to save them but the deadline for a prospective buyer to come in was monday, and one can only assume that nobody made any credible offers for the club.

Ive got my fingers crossed for them anyway

Looking at their squad the four players who would fit our bill would be;

Goodall - attacking left back, used to live up north when playing for Dale.

Spring - creative central midfielder who's played at a higher level in the past.

Bell - their best player the times I've seen them, if Liddell can't recover from his injury he'd be an excellent replacement.

Peschisolido - fox-in-the-box, experienced and has a reputation for being a super-sub, allowing us to keep the Hughes & Davies partnership going.

Others may include Parkin and Currie but they wouldn't be necessities.