Face in the crowd part 4

Matt

Excellent Rummy I haven't got that far yet 79/80 innit, and I'm not sure if that bloke doesn't sit near us in the Chaddy, maybe me, I'll ask 'er indoors what she thinks.

Jan 5th, and without looking would that be Coventry in the FA Cup?? When John Platt, I think, threw the ball straight to Tommy Hutchinson for an easy goal.

Oh and I'm sure Harold Wilsons there, towards top right !

Edited by StipeTripe

Excellent Rummy I haven't got that far yet 79/80 innit, and I'm not sure if that bloke doesn't sit near us in the Chaddy, maybe me, I'll ask 'er indoors what she thinks.

Jan 5th, and without looking would that be Coventry in the FA Cup?? When John Platt, I think, threw the ball straight to Tommy Hutchinson for an easy goal.

TBH Stipey out of all of my 70's programmes, this is the only "Face in the Crowd" i have. I've even gone through the aqway progs as well and not a sausage...

i remember that match, latics fans did not boo platty after that goal , if it was a game today i am sure the fans of today would boo any goalkeeper who did a mistake like platty did

TBH Stipey out of all of my 70's programmes, this is the only "Face in the Crowd" i have. I've even gone through the aqway progs as well and not a sausage...

But is it Covy in the cup :D

I got another one, not scanned yet, but it ties in with FITC 3 as archived, I'll save it until this is done, its the only reasonable one in the 78/79 homes.

But is it Covy in the cup :D

I got another one, not scanned yet, but it ties in with FITC 3 as archived, I'll save it until this is done, its the only reasonable one in the 78/79 homes.

Yes! It's Coventy FAC 3rd Round!

J. Platt

I. Wood

D. Holt

R. Kowenicki

K. Clements

J. Hurst

C. Valentine

Vic

Steely

S. Stainrod

P. Atkinson

From Cov, Les Sealey in goal, and Tommy Hutchison up front amongst others...

Yes! It's Coventy FAC 3rd Round!

J. Platt

I. Wood

D. Holt

R. Kowenicki

K. Clements

J. Hurst

C. Valentine

Vic

Steely

S. Stainrod

P. Atkinson

From Cov, Les Sealey in goal, and Tommy Hutchison up front amongst others...

Not a bad line up that, although perhaps messrs Wood, Hurst and Halom were getting towards their sell by date.

Don't think it was that good a game, remember being dead disappointed cos we lost, thought we'd batter 'em and have a cup run like we'd had the previous season, ho hum.

Stipey - He looks suspiciously like a guy called John who used to teach me to drive. I know he's a Latics fan and I'm sure I saw him the other day in the Clayton Green.

If it is him, he would have worked for the Janet Martin School of Motoring back in the early 80s.

Stipey - He looks suspiciously like a guy called John who used to teach me to drive. I know he's a Latics fan and I'm sure I saw him the other day in the Clayton Green.

If it is him, he would have worked for the Janet Martin School of Motoring back in the early 80s.

Yup I reckon its him then, I think he still does teach, stops for a chat on the way to his seat, I'll print it out and ask him.

old man steptoe front row, just left of the 'circled' one!!! or is it benny hill's mate... you know the fella he always slaps on the head....

then and suprised no-one has noticed... a young andy gray .. middley center/right!!

still waiting for someone to see themselves...