Most hated song ever

leeslover

Got to be Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba. Never before or since have I hated a band so much, and that song was ALL OVER THE PLACE to remind me how much they angered me, the public school "anarchists." I'd have considered joining the Labour party if Prescott had knocked "Danbert Nobacon" down and seen if he got up again.

Any other offers?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba. Never before or since have I hated a band so much, and that song was ALL OVER THE PLACE to remind me how much they angered me, the public school "anarchists." I'd have considered joining the Labour party if Prescott had knocked "Danbert Nobacon" down and seen if he got up again.

Any other offers?

True 'dat, Lees.

THE most over played track of all time.

May it burn in hell.

Don't tarnish the class that is/was R'n'B with rubbish like Beyonce!

She hasn't got the slightest clue what blues is about!

R n B really aint what it used to be though. Not that I liked it first time round though either. :blush:

I have an 'interesting' taste in music.

The 80's stuff was good. What is your 'interesting' taste in music?

Taste that used to be the norm, before it became trendy to be a Music Snob. I've never heard of 99% of the artists on that ipod thread! Frankly Mr Shankly takes great pleasure in guffawing (that's the best word to describe what he does) whenever I say I like a song.

:angry:

I'm talking mostly mainstream stuff. No R n B bobbins. Mostly pop and Indie stuff. Although the MS's would say the stuff I like isn't 'real' indies, man. ;)

Don't care - you likes whatcha likes. :D

Pop? Kylie? Robbie? West:censored:e?

I find them inoffensive, but that's more music from my earlier years.

This year I arrrrve been mostly listening to James Morrison, the Kooks, Paulo Nutini, Keane, Snow Patrol, the Killers, Razorlight.

But also like stuff like Kelly Clarkson, Sugababes....yer, know, stuff about 20 years too young for me :)

Edit: Basically, I just like catchy tunes and summat I can sing (or screech) along to!

Edited by maddog

I find them inoffensive, but that's more music from my earlier years.

Totally agree with the 'each to their own' sentiment when it comes to music, but it bothers me when people say they like something because its 'inoffensive'.

I want to be caught up by music, where you can't listen to it whilst working or driving because it captivates you so much!

Must just be me :blink:

Totally agree with the 'each to their own' sentiment when it comes to music, but it bothers me when people say they like something because its 'inoffensive'.

I want to be caught up by music, where you can't listen to it whilst working or driving because it captivates you so much!

Must just be me :blink:

I didn't say I liked it because it was inoffensive. I said I liked it when I was younger. Now, I find it inoffensive!

I agree with your second bit. There have been a few times I've had to stop the car when a song I've not heard before has come on the radio, just so I can listen to it properly.

Back on track, we were in danger of thread slippage.

Hatred only here please, we'll have no positive or ambivalent vibes.

As a hprmonal teenager I nearly broke my hand punching a TV screen when Simply Red suddenly appeared on right in front of me. Can't remember the song, it's just that a) it was Mick Hucknall and B) the girl in school I was lusting after had just got a Mick Hucknall picture put into a losket.

Anything by Simply Red can rile me a lickle bit. I think, "Pleasure at the Fairground," is the worst, because I actually got it into my head. And it's back. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hanged: :hanged: :hanged: :trollarse: :trollarse: :trollarse: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush,a lad at school nicked my bird off me during this song at the christmas disco..........I was 10 but it still riles me to this day :furious3:

I've got a vision of you sharpening knives with that thousand yard stare....

Anything by Simply Red can rile me a lickle bit. I think, "Pleasure at the Fairground," is the worst, because I actually got it into my head. And it's back. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hanged: :hanged: :hanged: :trollarse: :trollarse: :trollarse: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

I absolutely f*cking hate (hate is maybe not a strong enough word but it will have to do) Fairground. In fact, Simply Red in general. That annoying ginger little red b*stard really pisses me off. That tune was everywhere and it is dead catchy, but rubbish!!! And now, because of this bloody thread it is stuck in my head. Now im in a mood. Thank you Mick Hunall, you red cuddly teddy bear, thank you very much for ruining my Thursday!

Edited by dave_ragg1984

That Crazy Frog, and novelty songs generally.

And 'Lady in Red', Chris De Burgh. :annoyed: :behead::angry:

Oh, Chris De Burgh, who is now a faith healer as well as a singing Cheeky Monkey. I'd pass over an intimate moment with his rather lovely daughter if it guaranteed his neck felt the swish of cold steel.

James Blunt's neck would be just beneath.