African Cup of Nations

Does anyone know what channel(s) it's being broadcast on?

I have a reading week this week and nothing to do. Oh, and I'll be scouting for talent by watching the games and will pass any info onto Shez, so this thread is Oldham related...(worth a go, admin?)

Does anyone know what channel(s) it's being broadcast on?

I have a reading week this week and nothing to do. Oh, and I'll be scouting for talent by watching the games and will pass any info onto Shez, so this thread is Oldham related...(worth a go, admin?)

Highlights show on BBC3 every night at 7pm. Don't think they're showing it live this time round.

Oh, and I'll be scouting for talent by watching the games and will pass any info onto Shez, so this thread is Oldham related...(worth a go, admin?)

I hear a lad called Drogbas quite good. Also Samuel Eto seems like the sort of striker that could do a job for us. Be able to pick up these African lads quite cheap Id say and well pay em peanuts aswell.

Watching a cracking game on Eurosport at the moment.

Morocco 4 Namibia 1 after just 39 minutes!

Could be a cricket score the way it is going!

Great first half, atrocious second half.

Ivory Coast V Nigeria could be a cracker.

I hear a lad called Drogbas quite good. Also Samuel Eto seems like the sort of striker that could do a job for us. Be able to pick up these African lads quite cheap Id say and well pay em peanuts aswell.

shez advice watch african nations get players for cheap. They may be playing France belive a lot do Ivory Coast won 1 0 against Nigeria good game

Given that 16 players in the 2 squads for the Ivory Coast v Nigeria game already play in the Premiership, I think the boat may well and truly have been missed. :grin:

Good result for Ivory Coast that. If Drogba is back to full fitness come the knock out stages, they will be the team to watch.

The African Nations just isn't the same for me now it's gone all competent. I used to love it when none of them knew the rules, including the officials. Even after that the quality of the majority of the players remained rubbish enough to retain a degree interest. But nowadays, not only do they understand the game but sadly they are actually quite good at it. There is the occasional moment of nostalgia such as the injury time board that went up with 10 minutes on it in the last tournament, but broadly speaking it's now just like watching an ordinary football match between 2 competent teams of professionals and frankly there are enough of those on TV as it is.

I'm sorry but the African Nations has had it's day. If they want to fill the void it has left I think maybe it's time to start looking at the Oceania Championships. I'm fairly confident that the naional teams of Kiribati and Tuvalu still have a degree of hopelessness about them.

The African Nations just isn't the same for me now it's gone all competent. I used to love it when none of them knew the rules, including the officials. Even after that the quality of the majority of the players remained rubbish enough to retain a degree interest. But nowadays, not only do they understand the game but sadly they are actually quite good at it. There is the occasional moment of nostalgia such as the injury time board that went up with 10 minutes on it in the last tournament, but broadly speaking it's now just like watching an ordinary football match between 2 competent teams of professionals and frankly there are enough of those on TV as it is.

I'm sorry but the African Nations has had it's day. If they want to fill the void it has left I think maybe it's time to start looking at the Oceania Championships. I'm fairly confident that the naional teams of Kiribati and Tuvalu still have a degree of hopelessness about them.

theres still a few really bad teams look at Nambia for example or maybe Benin they actually did ok for them have a look at the rankings

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/...13&rank=165

(Very) early nomination for player of the tournament... Mohamed Zidan (Egypt). Quick, very mobile and dangerous forward, just scored two in the first half against Cameroon. First was a clinical one-two on the creak, second a lovely strike. A joy to watch for 45 mins.

He plays for Hamburg, so not much use as a scouting tip - sorry! :grin: