Kicking off on Rochdale Rd

I'm getting pretty fed up with the snide remarks about our moderation - we've tried to operate a fair procedure. To be honest we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand some feel we operate too much and stifle the discussion, others seem to think we are to liberal..

There will be no kneejerk reaction from the admin team - there will be no banning without investigation - we will continue our with our policies as they are. Please read the Rules and Regs - they work - if you don't want to use them it's not our fault.

If you have a complaint about another OWTB member - PM the admin team.

If you have a complaint about the admin team - PM me

As for this thread - Dewsbury Blue - either put the f***ing video link on here now or I'll f**k you off - simple as. I'm getting sick and tired of your childish games which amounts to goading and baiting regular OWTB members - I won't have it.

I can quite honestly say - this ain't rivals...

Feed up or not...I liked coming here because there wasnt away fans on it and I think others would agree....maybe a poll to see if this site should be closed for oldham fans only ? Put it to the users, democracy and all......

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feed up or not...I liked coming here because there wasnt away fans on it and I think others would agree....maybe a poll to see if this site should be closed for oldham fans only ? Put it to the users, democracy and all......

Come on.. lets put this into context... I have quite enjoyed having the 'udders fans on here for the last week.... like most football fans they have been pleasant, informed and welcoming... and just want to have a general chat about the game... even the couple that have posted after the game on another thread have been friendly and interesting...

There is no harm at all on a well moderated board letting away fans on... as they know the rules from the start, and will have a beedy eye placed on em... lets not let one person spoil this - we get aggressive and pointless latics posters on here, so you have to expect it from the odd away fan too...

I dont think anything on this post has been too inflamatory.... just post match hi-jinx... and sitting in said paddock i'm pretty sure there is quite a lot of truth in what has been said, and then on the walk up to the hospital car park I saw 2 or 3 more instances that latics fans should not be proud of.... hey, we are still gonna get it no matter what at these games....

All a storm in a tea-cup boys - there was trouble, its over, seen a lot worse... and there has been far worse things said on this board in the past...

Noted oafc0000.

We will - and do - listen to OWTB large memberbase, however there will only be policy change after the admin team agree on it - fewer polls regarding the running of the site the better. We feel that you can't please everybody all of the time, and swaying to the needs of the polling memberbase leaves out the silent majority.

It has to be said that the OAFC messageboard community has it's fair share of undesirables. These far outweigh the odd away supporter - and that should be taken into consideration.

Apologies, and yes there is.

Every issue is discussed at length before action is taken.

To be honest we've only had an influx of HTFC fans recently due to the FAC game - very few applications are being posted from other teams. What we saw on rivals was a non-stop barrage of insults all night long - you couldn't get anywhere near the topics of the day without "inbred this" and "keyboard warrior" that. I think we've got a pretty decent board here with, top moderators . We took a step back from OTT moderating in the summer, we reviewed our policies on the back of an experiment we did. We found that our Gestapo-esque iron fist rule wasn't very appetising to the average member - and would certainly switch off fringe posters.

So y'know - you can't win 'em all...

:grin:

I was only messing mate, a bit of industrial language never hurt anybody. Thats just what I wanted to tell Dewsbury Blue but didnt want to upset anybody.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the snide remarks about our moderation - we've tried to operate a fair procedure. To be honest we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand some feel we operate too much and stifle the discussion, others seem to think we are to liberal..

There will be no kneejerk reaction from the admin team - there will be no banning without investigation - we will continue our with our policies as they are. Please read the Rules and Regs - they work - if you don't want to use them it's not our fault.

If you have a complaint about another OWTB member - PM the admin team.

If you have a complaint about the admin team - PM me

As for this thread - Dewsbury Blue - either put the f***ing video link on here now or I'll f**k you off - simple as. I'm getting sick and tired of your childish games which amounts to goading and baiting regular OWTB members - I won't have it.

I can quite honestly say - this ain't rivals...

Rummy why does posting something on here that did happen make it childish . Some of your own fans did see the cones as they have posted so you ban somebody of your site to make you feel better for your own fans been idiots . You threaten to ban someone who is telling the truth and went to watch the game peacefully mmmmm you seem to have alot of double standards on here . And finally i thought this was a family site ,nice language mate you can see where the young ones get it from , WELL DONE MATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rummy why does posting something on here that did happen make it childish . Some of your own fans did see the cones as they have posted so you ban somebody of your site to make you feel better for your own fans been idiots . You threaten to ban someone who is telling the truth and went to watch the game peacefully mmmmm you seem to have alot of double standards on here . And finally i thought this was a family site ,nice language mate you can see where the young ones get it from , WELL DONE MATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still no video link

I will say no more prendy i will just leave plenty room for your apologies .check the post above from one of your own ty .

You're a wind up merchant. No question.

What did or didn't happen is irrelevant. All clubs have their undesirables, yours included, but you seem hell bent on coming here to have a go at Latics fans generally.

I'm going to close this thread now, as it's become all about this clown.

If people want to discuss what went on, please feel free to do so on a new thread.