the best performance of the day today was the crowd - that was the best atmosphere from latics fans in all stands - i have seen for a long time - there was even at one point all three stands singing in tandem - which was brill, that is how it should be all the time and proves that even if we are not at our best we can still get behind the team -

a massive round of applause today at least for us.

Edited by neiladamsheadband

the best performance of the day today was the crowd - that was the best atmosphere from latics fans in all stands - i have seen for a long time - there was even at one point all three stands singing in tandem - which was brill, that is how it should be all the time and proves that even if we are not at our best we can still get behind the team -

agreed

yeah your right there mate - forgot about them hangers on

It's all right saying forget about them but we need the extra support and a good performance today may have encouraged a few to come back on tuesday. We ain't goin to get crowds back at Boundary Park playing like we did today...We were bloody clueless!!!!

It's all right saying forget about them but we need the extra support and a good performance today may have encouraged a few to come back on tuesday. We ain't goin to get crowds back at Boundary Park playing like we did today...We were bloody clueless!!!!

1955 i didnt say forget them i said oh yeah I forgot about them

The crowds performance today seems to illuminate the lie that "If we sing loud enough it will transfer to the players". I also heard the three stands singing in unison. Did it make an appeth of difference? NO it didnt did it. I am sat here hoarse and really p****d off. Sheridan was tactically naive once more. He had Lomax sat stripped for 20 minutes then didn't put him on. The Centre backs of Huddersfield had a field day because of the way we played. Admittedly we did make their keeper make two really good saves but we played straight into their hands. On occasions the high balls we punted towards them came down with snow on. Ah well here's looking towards Tuesday......

Edited by happyterryb

The crowds performance today seems to illuminate the lie that "If we sing loud enough it will transfer to the players". I also heard the three stands singing in unison. Did it make an appeth of difference? NO it didnt did it. I am sat here hoarse and really p****d off. Sheridan was tactically naive once more.

Terry, the 'twelfth man' theory is not guaranteed to work miracles on the players. Today the crowd kept trying to lift the players, but they rarely put three or four good passes together along the ground. You can't make silk purses out of sows' ears, no matter how loud you sing, and there were plenty of 'sows' out there today.

What is proved by your post and that of nealadamsheadband is that with both of you hearing all three stands in tandem/unison means there was no problem with the acoustics, so let's drop that assertion once and for all.

It was another bad day at the office - these bad days have become much too frequent - but the crowd cannot be blamed for not doing its bit towards the cause. I doubt that many of the players will have the same feeling of satisfaction about their performance.

Terry, the 'twelfth man' theory is not guaranteed to work miracles on the players. Today the crowd kept trying to lift the players, but they rarely put three or four good passes together along the ground. You can't make silk purses out of sows' ears, no matter how loud you sing, and there were plenty of 'sows' out there today.

What is proved by your post and that of nealadamsheadband is that with both of you hearing all three stands in tandem/unison means there was no problem with the acoustics, so let's drop that assertion once and for all.

It was another bad day at the office - these bad days have become much too frequent - but the crowd cannot be blamed for not doing its bit towards the cause. I doubt that many of the players will have the same feeling of satisfaction about their performance.

they wont be bothered after putting their distgusting pay cheques in the bank,that will make them feel much better diego

Spot on as usual Diego. Thought we, the fans, were great at times today...despite going a goal down after 9 mins and having absolutely nothing football-wise to cheer.

My God we're damned if we do and damned if we don't DS

Even the old girls with flasks & Biscuits in the main stand were singing and not moaning today :o

That didn't work same old performance :angry:

12th man thing is complete :censored:....

Singing and shouting isnt going to turn 11 turnips into world beaters....

Its a urban myth just like the chaddys roof keeping the sound in....

Only time there is a 12th men is when the refeere starts grandstanding :angry:

Edited by oafc0000

Stitch's interview on SSN just praises the Hudders fans, saying that the talk in the dressing room after wasn't about the football but how brilliant the away fans were and how it encouraged them on.

The players have even said it themselves, I for one have a funny feeling that if we'd just taken say, the 200 who bothered to turn up for the Donny replay, to Everton rather than the wall of noise behind the boys then the resolve may have dropped and we could have been turned over.

It's common sense that results are better with a bit of encouragement and support...that's standard from kids in schools to footballers on a pitch. Obviously it can't work all the time as someone always has to lose, but it seems silly and almost nonsensical to say the fans have no effect whatsoever.

Edited by jsslatic

Really....because I hardly heard a peep out of them all game......

I have to say I thought the Huddersfield fans were absolutely terrible. For a half an hour in the second half they barely made a noise from what I could hear from the Chaddy. However, having said that, Stitch was just doing what any manager would when there is a big travelling support, ie give thema s much credit as he can to keep the good feeling going and retain the support for the next game. Anyone who thinks that a vocal support doesn't help at all though is living in a dream world. When a crowd is right behind their team and making loads of noise I most certainly feel more like they are building momentum and I'm sure it has an effect on the players in the same way. A vociferous crowd just raises the tension for the opposition players when they are forced to defend and can result in mistakes and bring out the best in our own players. It most certainly helps.

I'm gonna try and move to the Chaddy after today as I really enjoyed it for the first time in a while or possibly down twards the away fans in the Lookers. So fed up of sitting in silence at home games surrounded by morons who are just there to moan at the players and prepare to boo them off at both half and full time. Today was a breathe of fresh air. Not everybody was behaving themselves on the ridiculous criticisms front but at least there were plenty who were behind the team and actually wanted to see the team do well. The result wasn't what we wanted and the performance was pretty indifferent (although we still did more than Huddersfield to win the game imo), but a good atmosphere and a good sing really can make all the difference when it comes to enjoying the game or going home thinking it was all a waste of time.