Time to accept bids for......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of Taylor, Davies, Smalley (please), Woolfy, Crossley, JP, and perhaps MaCdonald. And can we have a coach? Why bother to have a new stadium? It has been so plain. What a load of rubbish.

I just don't see what your thinking behind that is.

Tell us, though, what those 7 players did wrong today, and during the whole season. Surely you're not just saying that just because of this afternoon...

Thank God you aint running our club

why?

If i was running the club i would have made it an ABSOLUTE priority to get a striker in,lets face it if we spalshed out 200 grand on a striker we might be in the 5th round and the bloody player would have payed for himself possibly TEN times over.

i said all week this was gonna happen ,didnt take a rocket scientist did it?or did it?

too many people settling for 2nd best at this club and that is a fact

why?

If i was running the club i would have made it an ABSOLUTE priority to get a striker in,lets face it if we spalshed out 200 grand on a striker we might be in the 5th round and the bloody player would have payed for himself possibly TEN times over.

i said all week this was gonna happen ,didnt take a rocket scientist did it?or did it?

too many people settling for 2nd best at this club and that is a fact

200k on who tho? We've tried but they don't wanna come. Its not about settlin for second best but we csant force a player to come can we

Our 'Russia based friend' is more of a wind up merchant than I was back in the day.

no i am not i tell it as i see it.(and to admit being a 'wind up merchant'is pathetic.)

i certainly would not waste time 'winding'people up,i accept my thoughts may inflame but thats because the truth generally hurts

Get rid of Taylor, Davies, Smalley (please), Woolfy, Crossley, JP, and perhaps MaCdonald. And can we have a coach? Why bother to have a new stadium? It has been so plain. What a load of rubbish.

Behave yerself! Unbelievable overreaction. Smalley to me showed that he has the potential be be a very good striker today. He lacks confidence a little but he showed that he can beat a man and can be very effective in the air. He is just a little raw and inexperienced. He certainly showed far more than Davies did. Taylor is clearly out of position on the left. He doesn't like crossing with his left foot and that limits the number of times that he attempts to get down the wing and to the byline, instead preferring to cut inside on his right. If he was played on the right we would no doubt see much more of that which had everyone so excited about him in the first half last season and when he first broke through. He isn't a player who needs writing off yet, he's 20 ffs!

A lot of people have had a go at Eardley this season but tbh bar a few poor displays early on in the season I don't think he has done too badly at all and infact has put in some great displays. Today he wasn't even close to as bad as people are making out. In fact I didn't think the team performance on the whole was distasterous by any stretch. We still deserved to win the game without ever hitting near our best. we lacked creativity and someone with that goal scoring instinct, but we weren't that bad. I think people are just overreacting because of the frustration of another 1-0 defeat at home, but in reality we could and should have got far more from so many home games weher we have been on top for the vast majority of the game and failed to make our chances count meanwhile every other team seems to be scoring every shot at Boundary Park. That brings me to Crossley, very dodgy early in the season but I don't think many of these defeats could be laid at his feet (or in his hands might be a better way of putting it). He has been ok for the last month or so, not spectacular (bar the Yeovil display) but not bad, and generally has generally done his bit.Maybe next season we should be replacing him as his mobility will further suffer with age, but for now it isn't desperate.

I'm not gonna go through every one of your ludicrous ideas one by one in detail, but Gary Mac and JP can both do a job for us and won't be on that much so why get rid? We already know that Shez has been given money to spend and their is plenty room on the budget so it is all down to him really to get out there and take some gambles and make something happen. We can't keep waiting for Championship players to be happy to take large pay cuts to play for we have to be cleverer than that in transfer market. Shez needs to earn his corn here. With a bit more creativity and clinical finishing we will trun our home form around. At the moment it seems very bleak after another morale sapping home defeat but I reallybelieve that we aren't that far away and todays performance has done nothing to change that. First of all though lets get players in their preferred positions, no Hazell at LB and no Taylor at LW, it's doing us no favours We missed Hughes today and would probably have won confortably with him and Smalley up front (as much as I like Davies he is very frustrating at home and maybe not the player to unlock deep sitting defenses when the midfield is being packed as well). Oh and Wolfy when he came on made some very clever runs and was so close on 2 occassions to getting clean in on goal. I think you are too eager to give up on the young players. If they aren't the finished article coming out of the youth team chuck on the scrap heap eh? Good policy.