Time to accept bids for......

why?

If i was running the club i would have made it an ABSOLUTE priority to get a striker in,lets face it if we spalshed out 200 grand on a striker we might be in the 5th round and the bloody player would have payed for himself possibly TEN times over.

WHY?!

How long have you got?

Probably the most uninformed poster on here by quite a margin in all honesty to start with. You are assuming that TTA and Shez have not made getting a striker a priority despite the fact the TTA have said MONEY IS AVAILABLE, and Shez has said that HE IS LOOKING FOR A STRIKER. What more can they do to get a striker in than put forward the money we can afford and then the manager go looking for one. Shez can't just waste the money on anyone. I agree he maybe needs to take more risks on lower League players and look down the leagues rather than always at teh Championship, but you talk like they are doing nothing when you have no information to back this up, when there is plenty to say they are doing what they can. If you were running the club we would have sold off all our young prospects deeming them not good enough when if you look at it in a REALISTIC way these same youngsters have heald a decent position in this League for the season and have in all fairness made obvious improvements through out (looking at the run we have been on for the least month or so). So if a team with 4 or 5 youngsters in and no real stand out players (bar Hughes) is doing ok in the League do you really think that it's the young players fault and that they should be shipped out asap for peanuts. Or do you think they must have something about them to be able to make the step up to first team level and actually hold their own? Just like so many others you want players to come out of the youth team and be the finished article and if they're not you want to throuw them on the scrap heap. Maybe Burnley are regretting doing that with Trotman?

Anyway that's all I can be bothered with for now. After all TTA are just in it as property developers right? Despite having looked at buying into football clubs in the past, they obviously have no interest in football.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Smalley had a decent game and was more effective than Davies

but saying that Davies is more of a winger than a out and out centre forward.

Should be interesting to see how smalley and Hughes play together,i think it will be a better partnership

than Hughes and davies.

Davies is a good player but needs to have a look round more to see if anyone is in a better position than himself.

With Smalley i think we will see a lot more passing between him and hughes as he is a lot less gready than Davies.

And just to say that my mate brought an Huddersfield fan to the game today and thought Smalley was our best man.

WHY?!

How long have you got?

Probably the most uninformed poster on here by quite a margin in all honesty to start with. You are assuming that TTA and Shez have not made getting a striker a priority despite the fact the TTA have said MONEY IS AVAILABLE, and Shez has said that HE IS LOOKING FOR A STRIKER. What more can they do to get a striker in than put forward the money we can afford and then the manager go looking for one. Shez can't just waste the money on anyone. I agree he maybe needs to take more risks on lower League players and look down the leagues rather than always at teh Championship, but you talk like they are doing nothing when you have no information to back this up, when there is plenty to say they are doing what they can. If you were running the club we would have sold off all our young prospects deeming them not good enough when if you look at it in a REALISTIC way these same youngsters have heald a decent position in this League for the season and have in all fairness made obvious improvements through out (looking at the run we have been on for the least month or so). So if a team with 4 or 5 youngsters in and no real stand out players (bar Hughes) is doing ok in the League do you really think that it's the young players fault and that they should be shipped out asap for peanuts. Or do you think they must have something about them to be able to make the step up to first team level and actually hold their own? Just like so many others you want players to come out of the youth team and be the finished article and if they're not you want to throuw them on the scrap heap. Maybe Burnley are regretting doing that with Trotman?

Anyway that's all I can be bothered with for now. After all TTA are just in it as property developers right? Despite having looked at buying into football clubs in the past, they obviously have no interest in football.....

Thanks Leyland I was starting to think I was on my own

WHY?!

How long have you got?

yep very mi-informed which is why i have been saying all week what would happen today,i do believe i went for 0-1 or 0-2,oh and i picked up 240 quid in the process,really mis-informed ..

Behave yerself! Unbelievable overreaction. Smalley to me showed that he has the potential be be a very good striker today. He lacks confidence a little but he showed that he can beat a man and can be very effective in the air. He is just a little raw and inexperienced. He certainly showed far more than Davies did. Taylor is clearly out of position on the left. He doesn't like crossing with his left foot and that limits the number of times that he attempts to get down the wing and to the byline, instead preferring to cut inside on his right. If he was played on the right we would no doubt see much more of that which had everyone so excited about him in the first half last season and when he first broke through. He isn't a player who needs writing off yet, he's 20 ffs!

A lot of people have had a go at Eardley this season but tbh bar a few poor displays early on in the season I don't think he has done too badly at all and infact has put in some great displays. Today he wasn't even close to as bad as people are making out. In fact I didn't think the team performance on the whole was distasterous by any stretch. We still deserved to win the game without ever hitting near our best. we lacked creativity and someone with that goal scoring instinct, but we weren't that bad. I think people are just overreacting because of the frustration of another 1-0 defeat at home, but in reality we could and should have got far more from so many home games weher we have been on top for the vast majority of the game and failed to make our chances count meanwhile every other team seems to be scoring every shot at Boundary Park. That brings me to Crossley, very dodgy early in the season but I don't think many of these defeats could be laid at his feet (or in his hands might be a better way of putting it). He has been ok for the last month or so, not spectacular (bar the Yeovil display) but not bad, and generally has generally done his bit.Maybe next season we should be replacing him as his mobility will further suffer with age, but for now it isn't desperate.

I'm not gonna go through every one of your ludicrous ideas one by one in detail, but Gary Mac and JP can both do a job for us and won't be on that much so why get rid? We already know that Shez has been given money to spend and their is plenty room on the budget so it is all down to him really to get out there and take some gambles and make something happen. We can't keep waiting for Championship players to be happy to take large pay cuts to play for we have to be cleverer than that in transfer market. Shez needs to earn his corn here. With a bit more creativity and clinical finishing we will trun our home form around. At the moment it seems very bleak after another morale sapping home defeat but I reallybelieve that we aren't that far away and todays performance has done nothing to change that. First of all though lets get players in their preferred positions, no Hazell at LB and no Taylor at LW, it's doing us no favours We missed Hughes today and would probably have won confortably with him and Smalley up front (as much as I like Davies he is very frustrating at home and maybe not the player to unlock deep sitting defenses when the midfield is being packed as well). Oh and Wolfy when he came on made some very clever runs and was so close on 2 occassions to getting clean in on goal. I think you are too eager to give up on the young players. If they aren't the finished article coming out of the youth team chuck on the scrap heap eh? Good policy.

Taylor was a constant threat on the Left wing last season

Hence teams have become wise to him and stuck 2 men on him nulifying the threat from him (today Sinclair and Collins doubled up on him everytime Taylor got the ball)

We need a new winger, central mid and a striker, Shez knows this without doubt, just the money being paid out is daft which we can't afford.

300k for Glenn Murray?!?! Rochdale fans weren't even arsed about him going!!

yep very mi-informed which is why i have been saying all week what would happen today,i do believe i went for 0-1 or 0-2,oh and i picked up 240 quid in the process,really mis-informed ..

Well done you. Wehave lost countless games 1-0 at home this season so it must have been difficult to go with the percentages. Once again though it could easily have gone our way like so many other games we have drawn or narrowly lost ths season. So many times we have just not been clinical enough whereas we see Huddersfield get one good chance, one shot on target and score. Without being spectacular at home by any stretch for the majority of games this season we have still deserved much more than we have got t home. Unfortunately people like yourself prefer the sack the manager/board/everyone view point rather than actually looking at the reality.

why?

If i was running the club i would have made it an ABSOLUTE priority to get a striker in,lets face it if we spalshed out 200 grand on a striker we might be in the 5th round and the bloody player would have payed for himself possibly TEN times over.

i said all week this was gonna happen ,didnt take a rocket scientist did it?or did it?

too many people settling for 2nd best at this club and that is a fact

Hmmmm....ten times £200,000..... £2,000,000? Wow, that would be some fifth round!

Yes, Chris Taylor had a bad day at the office today, particularly with his corner delivery. I was lucky enough to be in the portakabin today, and CT came in after the game. No one knows more than him that his form has dipped. Believe me.....he knows! What he does do however is keep trying......something which we should applaud him for. In fairness to him, Huddersfield had done their homework on him and double tagged him in the second half. In fact sometimes 2 marked him with a further man dropping off. What we didnt make the most of was playing the ball through the middle.

Bumped into Wellens at half time too.

Classic line from Gordon Lawton to Sean Jarvis...........Well done today, I hope you get Bristol Rovers

Some fans are willing to settle for 2nd best...agreed. As I have said in my earlier post, over past few seasons if the likes of southend, scunny and colchester can walk away with automatic promotion on limited budgets then no reason why we can achieve it.

Sell taylor and eardley for 50k???? No chance

Its not a question of whether the fans rate them or not, its a well known fact that both players have generated interest from clubs in higher divisions than us whom

a) can pay more than 50k for his services

and

B) are willing to pay more than 50k for their services

People are very quick to say how smalley isnt good enough etc yet I dont hear that about fans fav stefan stam? whom lost his man for the goal yesterday, had the piss taken out of him by the brighton forwards, and whom has a habint of concentration lapses.

why sell any of them? Eardley is a welsh international we have a young side the youngest player on saturday was Alott age 28(apart from Crossley). plus we do not have time to sell our best players and find replacements in 5 days. We do need to buy/loan some more experensed plyers. Are you thick?

Edited by spadam

Hmmmm....ten times £200,000..... £2,000,000? Wow, that would be some fifth round!

Yes, Chris Taylor had a bad day at the office today, particularly with his corner delivery. I was lucky enough to be in the portakabin today, and CT came in after the game. No one knows more than him that his form has dipped. Believe me.....he knows! What he does do however is keep trying......something which we should applaud him for. In fairness to him, Huddersfield had done their homework on him and double tagged him in the second half. In fact sometimes 2 marked him with a further man dropping off. What we didnt make the most of was playing the ball through the middle.

Bumped into Wellens at half time too.

Classic line from Gordon Lawton to Sean Jarvis...........Well done today, I hope you get Bristol Rovers

Thats what I was thinking Roytoner 2 million quid!!!!!! :shock::lol::lol::lol: we wouldn't get that even if we won at a sell out Old trafford and it was on tv and radio to boot.

why?

i said all week this was gonna happen ,didnt take a rocket scientist did it?or did it?

too many people settling for 2nd best at this club and that is a fact

We have a striker who is on loan at Walsall. It's up to the Management team to sort out whatever has gone on and get Ricketts back and playing. To let half the squad know some fans, (You would probably call yourselves true SUPPORTERS) are willing to see the back of them half way through the season won't actually inspire confidence in them will it? These are the players we have. It doesn't look like any one else is coming in before the end of Jan so lets get behind them please...

Edited by happyterryb

Some of the posts on here are amazing.

Lets look at some of the plans

i) Buy lower league players. What like Deane Smalley, Matty Wolfenden, the same ones you are proposing to cast away aft half a dozen league games.

ii) Buy a top quality striker. Like Lee Hughes, Davies and Rciketts. All proven to a certain extent. All taking time to work out or will not work it. It happens.

The people that react on here are all forgetting that events happen.

We were all excited by the potential. we were excited about beating Everton.

Now we are supposedly facing the biggest crisis.

We need a few players, we haven't got them yet. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. Maybe our targets (Clarke) changed their minds.

Afterall he must be able to hear the reactions last times, and read the reactions where people say he is not very good.

Patience boys, patience.

Some of you may find th following site helpful.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationshi...ejaculation.htm

Too excited to quickly, and too depsondant when thigs don't go your own way

Get rid of Taylor, Davies, Smalley (please), Woolfy, Crossley, JP, and perhaps MaCdonald. And can we have a coach? Why bother to have a new stadium? It has been so plain. What a load of rubbish.

was Smalley not one of the better players on Saturday. Played better than Davies for me.

cool, the team you hate lost and you won money too. :) great weekend, why so miserable?

Fact is now im absolutely fed up with John Sheridan. No, not becuase of all the transfer goings on but simply because he plays Chris Taylor on the :censored: left!!!!

Anyone with any sort of football brain... will know the reason for him being woeful this season is because he canot play on the left... there is just no service to our strikers anyway.. never mind even if we got a new striker in!!!!!

Fact is now im absolutely fed up with John Sheridan. No, not becuase of all the transfer goings on but simply because he plays Chris Taylor on the :censored: left!!!!

Anyone with any sort of football brain... will know the reason for him being woeful this season is because he canot play on the left... there is just no service to our strikers anyway.. never mind even if we got a new striker in!!!!!

Taylor has played the majority of his first team games on the left wing and he did ok there last season. Putting him on the right wing is not the answer he will still struggle until he improves on some areas of his game, which i am sure he will do in time. All he needs a couple of good runs in a game and his confidence will come flooding back