losing his grip

first and foremost.....it`s important to point out that i like shez, and still want him to succeed for us.

but i reckon he is losing his grip on the situation rapid........and he`s gotta do something a.s.a.p to tip the balance back

i really don`t think the squad any longer has the `respect` for him to help us change things in a consistent way.......how ????

1. because they will be so used to his `give me something to think about ` red herrings which he threatens about every 2 days....yet they know by now that now`t much changes

2. apart from the everton match, the squad are certainly sick of hearing how they `could have done better`.

3. at least half of the squad must be totally downtrodden each match coz they are constantly being played in positions which don`t make any sense and make them look crap.

4. when you look at how badly we perform sometimes ( like today ) , and in other gash home matches, it`s obvious that the lads are just no longer listening to him......ie; no respect.

come on shez......sort yer head out......sort yer weird tactics out.......get their confidence up by playing them in the `correct` positions.......and get the lads listening to you or we will get nowhere.

first and foremost.....it`s important to point out that i like shez, and still want him to succeed for us.

but i reckon he is losing his grip on the situation rapid........and he`s gotta do something a.s.a.p to tip the balance back

i really don`t think the squad any longer has the `respect` for him to help us change things in a consistent way.......how ????

1. because they will be so used to his `give me something to think about ` red herrings which he threatens about every 2 days....yet they know by now that now`t much changes

2. apart from the everton match, the squad are certainly sick of hearing how they `could have done better`.

3. at least half of the squad must be totally downtrodden each match coz they are constantly being played in positions which don`t make any sense and make them look crap.

4. when you look at how badly we perform sometimes ( like today ) , and in other gash home matches, it`s obvious that the lads are just no longer listening to him......ie; no respect.

come on shez......sort yer head out......sort yer weird tactics out.......get their confidence up by playing them in the `correct` positions.......and get the lads listening to you or we will get nowhere.

never read so much rubbish before....

:laught16:

What a load of tosh.

never read so much rubbish before....

Thats because your wearing blinkers my friend........ Thats what pishes me off about latics fans no one else is allowed to have an opinion try reading peoples views and understand where they are coming from, before you dismiss peoples views......

Edited by Davros

Thats because your wearing blinkers my friend........ Thats what pishes me off about latics fans no one else is allowed to have an opinion try reading peoples views and understand where they are coming from, before you dismiss peoples views......

Blinkers ??? HOW ABOUT WE STICK BY A MANAGER FOR MORE THAN 12 MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

You lot wanted him to be manager!!!!

Edited by oafc0000

Blinkers ??? HOW ABOUT WE STICK BY A MANAGER FOR MORE THAN 12 MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

You lot wanted him to be manager!!!!

As ive said i never wanted him to be manger but we have him and i will support him. BUT answer me one question. Are you happy with the way we are paying at the moment!?!!

Edited by Davros

As ive said i never wanted him to be manger but we have him and i will support him. BUT answer me one question. Are you happy with the way we are paying at the moment!?!!

Sure you didnt want him as manager......

No im not happy how we are playing....is the answer to sack shez? NO

Go to bed little boy your boring me!!!!!!!!!!!! Ronnie didnt have a clue and neither does shez!! We are crap and are going to struggle to stay up this season FACT!!!

P.S I didnt want him!!!

That dosent sound like support to me......

Edited by oafc0000

Sure you didnt want him as manager......

No im not happy how we are playing....is the answer to sack shez? NO

That dosent sound like support to me......

The current bunch of players simply aren't good enough, Sheridan knows this seen as he's trying to sign numerous players.

Never replaced Porter and Wellens > Progression from last season gone simple as.

Cant agree with that mate, but if that is your opinion then fair enought.

Personally i am of the opinion that alot of the outfield players that we have are just not good enough and have let Shez down badly.

They should be taking a long hard look at themselves and pull their socks up and get stuck in.

i really don`t think the squad any longer has the `respect` for him to help us change things in a consistent way......

Also agree that Shez is the man for the job and I want him to succeed.

It could be that Shez agrees with you. In Friday's rarely wrong Chron, Shez was comparing himself to Stitch.

“When I played under Andy he wasn’t soft but, a bit like me, he still had to learn about having a ruthless streak.

“The Oldham job was his first in management, and it’s a fact of life that you can’t always get on with everybody.

I’ve started to understand that myself – players take the mickey if you give them too much, but Andy has been in the job a lot longer than me and I’m sure he’s very good at it.”

Also on Friday Tony Carrs said:

"Every player who walks out on to the pitch has to believe 100 per cent that he can win the game. Anyone not up for it may as well hang their boots up! I know I’d love to be playing.

“Fire in your belly and ice in your head”, a favourite saying from one of my former Latics managers, may never have been more appropriate than tomorrow.

Players have to give their all and put their bodies on the line, though when the ball lands at their feet the ones who can then relax, see the pass and keep possession hold the key to winning the game."

The words I've highlighted in blue sum up what 'Uddersfield players did yesterday for their manager.

I didn't think Shez should have been given the job - it was the insular, easy way forwards and that is something Oldham Athletic have always been a little bit guilty of.

However, I don't think that it is appropriate to start calling for his head - he's not actually doing that much wrong... we're just not having a great season and in this league the very same team might be 6 points clear of 2nd place in 12 months time.

I am sure that JS has the resource to change things the way he would like to - we started the season with a team patched up with loan signings, and most of those have now moved on... and it looks as though the resources he has won't get the right players in.

Don't be surprised to see a couple of our better players go in the summer to support re-building of the squad.

I didn't think Shez should have been given the job - it was the insular, easy way forwards and that is something Oldham Athletic have always been a little bit guilty of.

However, I don't think that it is appropriate to start calling for his head - he's not actually doing that much wrong... we're just not having a great season and in this league the very same team might be 6 points clear of 2nd place in 12 months time.

I am sure that JS has the resource to change things the way he would like to - we started the season with a team patched up with loan signings, and most of those have now moved on... and it looks as though the resources he has won't get the right players in.

Don't be surprised to see a couple of our better players go in the summer to support re-building of the squad.

I also was concerned about Shez' appointment. I thought he was too laid back and that his Liam Gallagher impressions would get on everyones nerves.

BUT I have become convinced Shez is the right man for the job. I like his straight forward approach. His sorting out of Ricketts. His acknowledgement of being tougher.

I am sure he thought that this was the squad to take us up, we know really we are two or three players from being usefuk. An example if we had gone ahead first.

I think he knows the changes, and has been unlucky in getting players in. I think he has been single minded in the players he wants-which isn't all bad and sometines won't come off.

But we have a strong core of players, and a strong backroom team, and most importantly a strong group of owners.

Some of our better players will go, but they are getting on a bit now

Keep the Faith

Edited by singe