End of season ins and outs

Lookers_Carl

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think shez should do at the end of the season with the current playing squad

• Clear out - too many players underperforming this season
    • Bring in a few new players with one or two heading the other way
    • Add to what we have already.

Keep:

Trotman

Hughes

Allott

Davies

Hazell

McDonald

Lomax

Sell:

Eardley

Taylor

Only if we get good offers if not keep

Loan out:

Wolfy

Allesandra

Smalley

Release:

Thompson

Liddell

Unsure:

Pogs

Crossley

Kalala

Stam

Gregan

Edited by c_ogden99

Sheridans contract is up next season. I think barring any major disasters given the service he has given the club, should be given untill then at the very least to turn it round.

Hiring and firing managers doesnt work, ask newcastle.

Also, how long was it before royle brought any form of success to the club? A hell of alot longer than two seasons put it that way. And shez is only just half way through his second season

Actually shez is here til summer 2010. He was on the one year deal during the 06-07 season and he along with TW and LD signed new deals to summer 2010.

Link

Just to clear that up :)

Must stay unless bids too good come in:

Trotman

Hughes

Eardley

Keep:

Allott - Player of season so far, plays well even when we're gash

Taylor - On the right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored: TWO :censored: YEARS I've been :censored: saying this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smalley - Has talent which is being abused by such an utterly imbalanced side. Makes mistakes as all kids will...especially ones which are unfairly (but have to, due to lack of cover) called into the 1st team and expected to succeed instantly. We've only won twice at home in the league, Smalley was part of the reason we beat the current league leaders with a peach of a ball in for Davies. That is talent!

Kalala - Squad player, good from the bench when we're winning or need the midfield tightening

Davies - More service, less Davies wandering. Simple maths

Hazell - Find of the season. Just above Allott, due to the fact 1) we paid for him, 2) we had an inkling Allott would be a decent player in the middle for us and 3) The season was in a dire situation until Hazell arrived.

Pogs - Good no.2 to have behind Crossley

Crossley - Earned the no.1 shirt and is hungry to play on. As long as he stays injury free till May, I'd be offering him another year

Lomax - Can play LB or RB.....has to stay. And should've started in the side the last 3 games but for Shez fitting in his boys.

Loan out:

Alessandra

Release:

Thompson

Liddell

Wolfy - I feel this is the harshest decision I'd make, but here is the BUT.....he's been on the fringe too long now. He should've, if we could've, loaned him out. We haven't be able to and it's hurt his career. But that's life.....others are coming through now....Louis, Smalley etc. whereas Wolfy's just not had the platform to improve from the Ressies and look good enough for the leap yet. We can't help him anymore so for both parties, I think it's time to say thanks and good luck.

Unsure:

Gregan - Fitness a serious issue. Not a definite starter next season, if we keep the current defence.

McDonald - Casper does frustrate me. However.....to be fair to McD.....if we had a balanced side, with wings opening up gaps in the defences for McD to ghost into then maybe we'd get the best from him. Thing is....when our side isn't doing that....McD goes seriously missing. He is unable to adapt. He's only good in a side playing well. Chicken and egg.....but his lack of versitility and chipping in elsewhere when he's not got that space (ie. winning 2nd balls, headers etc) means I'd possibly say thanks for everything and good luck.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Far too much player turnover in recent summers - although admittedly some of it couldn't be helped.

One or two will inevitably go, but I think we have the nucleus of a strong side - and we desperately need to keep that and then add to it.

In terms of individuals it's hard to say - one transfer could have a domino effect on quite a few others. For one thing, I'd love to keep hold of Trotman but I can't see it happening - but who we bring in may depend on what fee we get for him. Same potentially goes for Eardley.

I'd only be actively looking to get rid of Thompson and Liddell (who is out of contract so won't require too much acting).

Everyone else can stay and it is a matter of playing together and adding a few more players, i.e a left winger, a left back, a big centre forward a goalkeeper who can command beyond his line. Other than that we are fine and require little more IMO.