Alessandra

it was, apparently, the end of the world when this lad got injured pre-season.

he was gonna be the next big thing and become an integral member of the first team.

he's been fit for ages now, we're not scoring goals and we've seen about 5 minutes of him - what's changed?

Been saying this for a while, Wolfy's not making the impact he needs to off the bench - the boy needs a run out on loan somewhere. Ship him out for a couple of months and give Lewis a go from the bench.

Even if he does nothing, it's still as good as we've got at the moment.

Been saying this for a while, Wolfy's not making the impact he needs to off the bench - the boy needs a run out on loan somewhere. Ship him out for a couple of months and give Lewis a go from the bench.

Even if he does nothing, it's still as good as we've got at the moment.

Agreed mate.

Wolfie gets 10 mins max to make an impact generally with rank service. Can't really see where he has had a proper chance.

Far more likely to get a goal than Smalley

Yeah i'm seeing people say wolfendens had his chance - i gfail to agree. Wasn't Wolves away his first start? I'd like to see how many times he's been on the field with more than 10 minutes left. It's hard enough to get into a game in that time never mind score goals regularly. I agree that Allesendra needs a chance too but if eitehr was to go out on loan - Lewis would be the one

Wolfenden's contracted until June 2009, I think, but if he hasn't picked up much action before the end of this season I can see him being a casualty. It might be a little unfair that he hasn't had a run in the first team, but on the other hand he'll be 22 this year and has only 3 goals in 29 appearances (4 starts, 25 as sub).

Either he's not good enough, or the management isn't convinced enough to give him a run.

Either way I wouldn't be surprised to see him released in the summer.

The problem we have at the moment is a lack of experience!

The three young lads,Smalley,Wolfie and Allessandra are good young players all of them.

Unfortunately,we can't afford to carry these kids,that is not a swipe at their ability but a statement of fact.

Shez often speaks of the value of having Crossley behind his defence to both encourage and instruct them.These young forwards have nobody talking to/helping them(with the possible exception of Hughes!)

It is a fact that we miss experienced campaigners like Liddell and Gregan,these are the players who can bring the best out of the youngsters.

What we need to find hopefully within the next few days are a couple of very experienced players,who will hopefully provide a better balance of youth and knowledge of the game.

great idea - we've got plenty of cover up front.

an emarrassment of riches some might say :unsure:

Yeah i'm seeing people say wolfendens had his chance - i gfail to agree. Wasn't Wolves away his first start? I'd like to see how many times he's been on the field with more than 10 minutes left. It's hard enough to get into a game in that time never mind score goals regularly. I agree that Allesendra needs a chance too but if eitehr was to go out on loan - Lewis would be the one

I said all of the above about Chris Hall. Was told I was wrong and that he wasn't worth wasting anymore time on. In hindsight....maybe what others said was right. Sadly his application wasn't there....goals-wise, albeit a lower level, he's banging them in for fun at Stalybridge. Still annoys me that Hall chose that decision....but TBH, most fans didn't rate him and Shez couldn't get on with him by all accounts.

Chris Hall - 42 appearances 5 goals

Matty Wolfenden - 29 appearances (yes that many, mostly as sub like Hall) 3 goals

Not much difference really. So in essence, one struggled to make the step up, another currently is....let's not forget (and I bet very few know this) but Wolfy's been on the edge of the team for 4yrs now!!!!!!!! Too long.....for both sakes it's time to move him on.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=407037

I've said the following below already about Wolfy tonight on if I'd keep him and they're my reasons for wishing him well....but elsewhere....

"Wolfy - I feel this is the harshest decision I'd make, but here is the BUT.....he's been on the fringe too long now. He should've, if we could've, loaned him out. We haven't be able to and it's hurt his career. But that's life.....others are coming through now....Louis, Smalley etc. whereas Wolfy's just not had the platform to improve from the Ressies and look good enough for the leap yet. We can't help him anymore so for both parties, I think it's time to say thanks and good luck."

Next up.....Smalley.....he's young and very green. But has talent. We've only won twice at home in the league, Smalley was part of the reason we beat the current league leaders with a peach of a ball in for Davies. That is talent! This is his first season..not even that....4mths!!! Where's his bedding in time? Give him chance.

Finally Alessandra.....can't wait for this lad to break through. Given the time. However, as this season might pan out into middle-table obscurity and while there's a chance on Tuesday with Davies being suspended....I would throw the lad in. Just for 1 game. Give him a taste of it.....hope that all accept the mistakes he will inevitably make and just go with it. Louis has fast feet and will scare the hell out of defences....be nice just to let him have the 1 game before the Davies, Hughes partnership recommences.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Forest away, Wolfy was knocked about and couldn't really get in to the game. He looked too small and too light weight.

Agreed, he always looks to small and lightweight to me.

I'd elevate Alessandra above him in the pecking order and give him some game time at least from the bench on Tuesday.

We have nothing to lose the way things are currently going at home.

after the first 15 minutes, thought Smalley played really well up front - won headers and held it up quite well - would like to see him with Hughes and if it aint working let's have a look at Alessandra - got to try somet different. Also as I say nearly every week, would like someone else to have to play with their wrong foot and see Chrissy T given a chance on his natural right side - he would give their full back an absolute mare on the right - can always move him back to left if we need to change things!

We shouldn't be too static, Chris and the lad on the right should switch occasionally and give the oppos something else to think about, even if it is just for 10 mins or so or a few spells after a corner of something, mix it up a little and confuse their markers as to who should be picking up who.

Smalley was unlucky with his header, cracking save from their keeper.

For me Smalley needs a rest from the limelight; we have ruined a good number of young players over the years by constantly playing them in badly performing teams, it will just shatter his confidence. Give Alessandra a chance for a few games and give Smalley a rest before he goes the way of Tipton, Hotte, Salt etc.