Alessandra

i always knew shez read this board :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

how good did he look??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Been wanting him to play or feature somepart this evening for a while and i'm glad he did.

I was very impressed by him. Got a lot of skill and will go far under the right guidance. Reads the game excellent and is a good team player.

I said all of the above about Chris Hall. Was told I was wrong and that he wasn't worth wasting anymore time on. In hindsight....maybe what others said was right. Sadly his application wasn't there....goals-wise, albeit a lower level, he's banging them in for fun at Stalybridge. Still annoys me that Hall chose that decision....but TBH, most fans didn't rate him and Shez couldn't get on with him by all accounts.

Chris Hall - 42 appearances 5 goals

Matty Wolfenden - 29 appearances (yes that many, mostly as sub like Hall) 3 goals

Not much difference really. So in essence, one struggled to make the step up, another currently is....let's not forget (and I bet very few know this) but Wolfy's been on the edge of the team for 4yrs now!!!!!!!! Too long.....for both sakes it's time to move him on.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=407037

I've said the following below already about Wolfy tonight on if I'd keep him and they're my reasons for wishing him well....but elsewhere....

"Wolfy - I feel this is the harshest decision I'd make, but here is the BUT.....he's been on the fringe too long now. He should've, if we could've, loaned him out. We haven't be able to and it's hurt his career. But that's life.....others are coming through now....Louis, Smalley etc. whereas Wolfy's just not had the platform to improve from the Ressies and look good enough for the leap yet. We can't help him anymore so for both parties, I think it's time to say thanks and good luck."

Next up.....Smalley.....he's young and very green. But has talent. We've only won twice at home in the league, Smalley was part of the reason we beat the current league leaders with a peach of a ball in for Davies. That is talent! This is his first season..not even that....4mths!!! Where's his bedding in time? Give him chance.

Finally Alessandra.....can't wait for this lad to break through. Given the time. However, as this season might pan out into middle-table obscurity and while there's a chance on Tuesday with Davies being suspended....I would throw the lad in. Just for 1 game. Give him a taste of it.....hope that all accept the mistakes he will inevitably make and just go with it. Louis has fast feet and will scare the hell out of defences....be nice just to let him have the 1 game before the Davies, Hughes partnership recommences.

Shame Alessandra was only from the bench, but then again, it matters not.....I got what I wished for. I think Wolfy's name might be being circulated first thing tomorrow morning.....either for loan, or if it suits both parties, permanently. Alessandra is above Wolfy for me in the blooding through now.

I think you could tell the moment Alesspellingnightmare came on that both he and Smalley knew each others game. They scored a hatful of goals for the ressies last season and took the step up with ease.

Wonderful ball control, tricks in the locker and a blistering turn of pace. Looks a good 'un. MoM by a mile and immensely pleasing to watch given the frustrations of recent weeks.