• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

chelsea is who huddersfield got!

if we had won we would have got barnsley away, you know it

concentrate on the league :wink:

Was going to post a similar comment myself.

If we keep thinking "what if" it will effect our performances on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards for the playoffs :wink:

Was going to post a similar comment myself.

If we keep thinking "what if" it will effect our performances on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards for the playoffs :wink:

To make the Play offs we'd have to win 14 games from the last 20 MINIMUM, personally the way we are playing at the moment we'll struggle to score 14 goals. I think we should concentrate on getting to 52 points asap. Anything else this season will be a bonus. But as the cup run is over, I'm pretty sure our season is too. Unless of course we decide to make it interesting and leasve safety to the last minute like in 98/99 and 04/05. Of which this season is playing out frightening parallels to those seasons.

Like when we are 2nd in the table and it is evident our team is starting to lose steam but we can avoid disaster by signing players before we start to free fall down the table.

.....hang on.....ONLY IF....they were any good....just signing any old play does nothing for us....

thats what we could have got if the club had the balls to gamble

It would be lunacy to base any signings on one FA Cup game IMO. It implies that we would make a signing that we otherwise wouldn’t have chosen to, which means one that isn’t the best for us over the rest of the season, be that play-off chasing or relegation dodging. It presumes that said new signings would come in and have an immediate impact, that this would have a crucial bearing on the outcome of the game, and that we were going to get a plum draw anyway. I’m as gutted as anyone, my Operations manager is a Chelsea fan and I’ve spent the past year reminding him the they were our bitches in the Premiership, but we’ve had a good run in the Cup and got some decent cash in. Complaining about losing to a side at our level when we only got there by beating Everton seems very glass-emptyish to me.