Craig Davies, 18 month ban?

Just come up on Sky Sports News that Davies in the Wales squad after his 18 month Ban. I never knew a Ban was in place against him.

Anyone know what he did to recieve an 18 month ban - .....

Maybe we should put one of them in place on him :-)

Think several of us saw that at the same time, Bloody laptops! LOL

"But he is ready to recall Oldham forward Craig Davies after he served his five-game ban for spitting at and head-butting a Israeli player while on Under-21 duty two years ago.

Davies, who has already won four caps, was tipped as the natural successor to John Hartson after the target man retired.

But a nightmare spell at Italian outfit Verona, and off-the-field problems, dogged the 22-year-old’s fledgling career before a move to Wolves and Oldham rejuvenated his international aims.

Davies last featured in a friendly against Liechtenstein in 2006 but, despite managing ten goals this season, he has had to bide his time for a return to the international fold as his Uefa suspension did not cover friendlies.

Toshack has always believed Davies could yet offer something to his squad and seems ready to offer the youngster another chance."

Davies

Looks like a mix up by the Welsh FA which made the ban drag on for 18 month. Something similar happened with Lee Bowyer when he moved to Newcastle and tried to play in the UEFA cup.

Edited by LT_SMASH

I didn't know about this but apparently he was banned for 5 matches after a sending off.

18 month ban.

Thank god it was for a sending off.

Mind you, I didn't think it was for taking performance-enhancing drugs, because the lad would be inside now for shooting his dealer!!

:rifle:

Edited by KYLEOAFC