Everybody Out?

Before we played Everton in the cup we were all saying keep the faith,

We will sign some new players and get into those play off places.

Surely Sheridan won’t make the same mistakes this season as he did last January by not refreshing his squad with new faces.

Then today it’s all doom and gloom, Trotman supposedly going to Plymouth,

Taylor Allegedly going to Blackpool and now Wise has gone to the Toon Sheridan’s name’s banded about with that that job WTF?

Then I hear his priority is to Avoid relegation??? OMG ( I really want my season ticket money back now!)

We had one of the most promising squads at the start of the season and now we find ourselves in this position and in my opinion its either inept managerial skills or a Board unwilling to back its manager, or at best a good bit of both.

Click the link & Just read this first paragraph and the reason we allegedly sacked Moore,

If this Home form and Lack of ambition continues will lighting strike twice?

Also read “A shaky start column”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldham_Athletic

p.s KEEP THE FAITH, (Not sure what in, But Keep it!)

Lightning strike twice?!?!? Jeez, it's already struck us about ten times before now!!!

Wish we could play Away every game.

I hate going to Boundary Park this season and that's not right!

Just feel I' ve been Told a massive lie at the start of the season that my club had Ambition following on from a disappointing playoff experience the season before.

I just want answers or to shake people by the head and ask them

"What are you playing at? Because football it is not".

The owners are in real danger of supporters questioning their motives for being at this club because on the pitch there's no sign of the ambition or desire that was there when the planning permission got refused, and I am getting the same angry feelings back, only the council is nowhere to blame this time :sign0003: . :disappointed:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Wish we could play Away every game.

I hate going to Boundary Park this season and that's not right!

Just feel I' ve been Told a massive lie at the start of the season that my club had Ambition following on from a disappointing playoff experience the season before.

I just want answers or to shake people by the head and ask them

"What are you playing at? Because football it is not".

The owners are in real danger of supporters questioning their motives for being at this club because on the pitch there's no sign of the ambition or desire that was there when the planning permission got refused, and I am getting the same angry feelings back, only the council is nowhere to blame this time :sign0003: . :disappointed:

you are quite correct that at the start of the season everyman and his dog from the club promised us promotion,that was the only objective and anything else would be seen as failure.

but isnt that what every manager and board of every club in every league up and down the country say???

the bad start to the season has cost us dearly,but we might yet get into the playoffs somehow.

but to say you would like your money back is a bit lame,its a lottery you pay your money you take your chance,if we play fantastic football and sweep all before us and sit proudly at the top of the league you wouldnt be coming out with these comments now. so just because we are not in the top 3 for whatever reason your not happy.

this is third division football,being played in a decaying stadium in a town where the majority of its people support united or city,and see us as little oldham with no ambition and no hope.

the owners have come in and bent over backwards to rejuvinate this club and have now managed to turn around a council that couldnt give a toss about us,into people willing to work with us for the good of the club and the borough.

of course the owners at some point are going to want there money back,they are buisness men at the end of the day.the club ground is now more desirable with planning permission(even outline).once the stadium is developed and finished i wouldnt hold it against them if they did sell up.

if the tta's have said money is available to the manager for signings then we have to take that at face value and hope they are true to there word.not ask for your money back.

if the tta's have said money is available to the manager for signings then we have to take that at face value and hope they are true to there word.not ask for your money back.

TTA are better than face value - they have constently dug deep to provide loanees and extra signings - even when they cut the wage bill considerably they ended up spending more than they did the previous season.

TTA are better than face value - they have constently dug deep to provide loanees and extra signings - even when they cut the wage bill considerably they ended up spending more than they did the previous season.

I know the lottery of season tickets, and that or money isn't the point.

This clubs goal at the start of the season was Promotion, remember when Hughes came out, the season had started and the talk was still about promotion and he said he wanted to help us achieve OUR goals.

I want to know why one of the Fundamental Aims of this club has changed and why it's suddenly become acceptable to talk about avoiding relegation, and why there's no signs of improvement?

If its not the TTA at fault for not bringing players in its Sheridan's then.

Either way all the talk about promotion and ambition we were fed was a lie.

We will end up bringing in dead wood on the last day just to save face and that's pathetic!

If Ronnie got sacked because of poor season ticket sales, who's to say that people will buy a season ticket next year? especially based on our home form and general lack of ambition on the pitch?

Somebody needs the balls to make the changes needed, or if they cant then at least tell the fans what's wrong behind the scenes.

Because their making our club look stupid.

Sometimes it takes balls to just keep doing exactly what you are doing in the face of criticism in the belief it will come good. When all around you are losing their heads it takes a wise one to keep theirs.

:grin: Lol i watched Mike Basset england manager the other day aswell! :grin:

Tomorrow we are playing 4-4- :censored: 2! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8TNtU0_0_c...feature=related

Fast foward to 1.55 ,mins

who needs Rudyard Kipling when weve got Beag teeets! :lol:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Sadly I missed it although I really wanted to watch it again and keep meaning to pick it up on DVD as I could watch it over and over!

BUT, I wasn't thinking of that press conference and my point about TTA and Shez keeping on doing what they are doing stands.

However, I hope we are playing 4,4, censored 2 tomorrow! - You have just put I massive smile on my face, I love that bit in the film and each time I hear anyone say 442 that pops in to my head.

Sadly I missed it although I really wanted to watch it again and keep meaning to pick it up on DVD as I could watch it over and over!

BUT, I wasn't thinking of that press conference and my point about TTA and Shez keeping on doing what they are doing stands.

However, I hope we are playing 4,4, censored 2 tomorrow! - You have just put I massive smile on my face, I love that bit in the film and each time I hear anyone say 442 that pops in to my head.

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you

But make allowance for their doubting too,

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,

If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;

If all men count with you, but none too much,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

Guest oa_exile
We had one of the most promising squads at the start of the season and now we find ourselves in this position and in my opinion its either inept managerial skills or a Board unwilling to back its manager, or at best a good bit of both.

I think it should read :

"We had one of the most promising squads at the end of last season............."

Instead of dismantling it we should have pruned the dead wood , sorted out the contacts of key players and brought in the necessary players to improve the squad.

I have posted this before , it's history now , time to move on , learn from the mistakes of this season and build on it for next.

This clubs goal at the start of the season was Promotion.

As is every clubs' goal at the start of any season (Premiership excepted - subsitute 'Promotion' for 'Relegation')

I want to know why one of the Fundamental Aims of this club has changed and why it's suddenly become acceptable to talk about avoiding relegation

Mid-season review says we are not going to get promoted - let's make sure we avoid relegation!

and why there's no signs of improvement?

Shez brought in players he THOUGHT would do the job. We need to be patient.

They have said the money is there for the "right players" - a sort of disclaimer? Or, does Shez have to convince the Directors his choice is the "right player" before they agree to put up the money?

See point one.

We will end up bringing in dead wood on the last day just to save face and that's pathetic!

Only if Shez goes against his word.

If Ronnie got sacked because of poor season ticket sales, who's to say that people will buy a season ticket next year? especially based on our home form and general lack of ambition on the pitch?

Can't answer that one.

Somebody needs the balls to make the changes needed, or if they cant then at least tell the fans what's wrong behind the scenes.

Are you saying we should sack Sheridan and go back to square one of the Management Merry-go-round?

We don't look stupid, in fact we look like any small club in our position - struggling against ridiculous wage demands of second-rate prima donnas.

Sorry to seem to rip your post apart, it's not mean't to be that way and I, like you are worried by the seemingly lack of progress. As before, all I ask is that the club names it's failed signings - then at leat we know they have tried!

When you consider the way the gates are falling already, season ticket sales are going to be dire.

They will be particularly so if they are on offer for Fourth Division football.

IF - The John Sheridan Version

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming poor home form on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt your ability to come up with a Plan B

But make allowance for their doubting too, as they may actually have a point

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, in making substitutions

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies, is there real money available?

Or being hated, don't give way to hating, surely not as much as Ronnie?

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: in that Manc monotone

If you can dream--and not make dreams your master, I'm gonna be the next Man U manager

If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim; Avoiding relegation is my plan

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster - yep auto is on but lets concentrate on the play offs

And treat those two impostors just the same; still, we over-achieved

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken, I could've brought players in but......

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, See above

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, Why did I break up last season's team?

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:, Gregan and Liddell

If you can make one heap of all your winnings, Macca 1st goal at everton, woohoo me and Tommy quids in!

And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss, Shoulda signed a striker

And lose, and start again at your beginnings, No worries, watch this summer's space

And never breath a word about your loss; We won't mention Ports or Richie

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew - nope can't drop one of my midfielders

To serve your turn long after they are gone, I love Mark allott

And so hold on when there is nothing in you - Lets worry about the clean sheet

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!" Don't cross the halfway line

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Aaaright 'are kid, (to Gordon Lawton on LW)

Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch, No such risk there

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you; except Beckett and Stitch

If all men count with you, but none too much, (er Simon, how much have I gotagain? Simon? Simon.......)

If you can fill the unforgiving minute, Feckin' Brighton, Donny etc...

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, That ref did at the Den

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, Does that mean Leeds will come a callin'?

And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son! I only love Papa Smurf

Ladies and gentleman, OAFC will be playing 4 - 3- errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...................................tell you what lads just go out and do what you want.......

Ladies and gentleman, OAFC will be playing 4 - 3- errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...................................tell you what lads just go out and do what you want.......

That's straight from the Keggie Keegle school of coaching that is. :grin:

murrayzmint,

Not every club starts the season with the "we are going for promotion drivel".

I bet:

Blackpool, Bristol city, Scunthorpe,Barnsley,Luton,Cheltenham,

Bristol Rovers, Swindon,Hartlepool,Dag & Red, Bury, Rochdale,Mansfield

To name but a few

Didn't say to their fans that they will be going for promotion,

They all set their Targets on staying in their respective leagues.

My point is, not all teams say their going for promotion they set realistic targets that they think they can achieve and that would benefit the club and move it forward should they actually achieve them. We set our goal of promotion because we had the squad to do it according to the manager.

In my Opinion the CLUB, manager as well, are not working hard enough to for fill its own targets, and the attitude of never mind lets try and stay up now instead

Infuriates me.

What if I said never mind I cant be bothered going supporting the lads today I will do something easier instead like watch the premier league on TV.

It's a rubbish attitude we should be pulling out all the stops to achieve our goals and not changing the goal posts to move the blame of potential failure.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

This clubs goal at the start of the season was Promotion...

Kyle, I notice you're taking a more subtle approach this time. Previously you jumped in with both feet and thought everyone would agree with your poll to get Shez out. Now you're saying it's either Shez or TTA to blame, knowing that people are more likely to blame Shez. You go as far as hinting that supprters will question the owners' motives for being at this Club. You also drop a hint about planning permission, the "angry feelings" and not blaming the Council this time - all these appear to be designed to undermine TTA. That's your prerogative.

I've looked through Simon Corney's three blogs on the fishal site between the end of last season and the beginning of this one.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1033801,00.html

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1072045,00.html

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1088400,00.html

I may have missed something reported elsewhere, but I can find no reference to the Club's goal being promotion, to the extent that justifies you saying repeatedly that you (we) have been told a lie.

I can see references by SC to a hope that we will have some success on the pitch and have a side that will do us proud and build on our experiences from last time around. He also talks about bringing in quality to compete in a competitive division. We've certainly had some success on the pitch - not as much as everyone would have hoped. The side certainly did us proud at Everton and put us back in the national spotlight. Obviously Ricketts has been the big disappointment to the Club's plans.

I would be interested to know when and where the statement was made which you interpret as a lie. If you point me in the right direction I may be able to see where you're coming from. Otherwise you may wish to withdraw your 'lie' assertion.

Sometimes it takes balls to just keep doing exactly what you are doing in the face of criticism in the belief it will come good. When all around you are losing their heads it takes a wise one to keep theirs.

Dave Basset england manager. " Tomorrow england will line up against germany as 4-4-fcuking 2."

That came good in the end lol.

KTF

I know the lottery of season tickets, and that or money isn't the point.

This clubs goal at the start of the season was Promotion, remember when Hughes came out, the season had started and the talk was still about promotion and he said he wanted to help us achieve OUR goals.

I want to know why one of the Fundamental Aims of this club has changed and why it's suddenly become acceptable to talk about avoiding relegation, and why there's no signs of improvement?

The only people making our club look stupid in my opinion are the ones calling for yet another manager to get the boot in his 2nd season of management.

Diego the first two words of your own post, which is a quote from myself answers your concerns.

"Just Feel"

P.S, Ask anybody who knows me, I dont do Tact.

SHERIDAN OUT!.

That's a cop out! Not doing tact is one thing, but you claim "we were fed a lie"!

Valid criticism is what makes the football discussion world go round, but we've got enough people with cold feet, happy to believe the latest scurrilous rumour as their excuse for not going to BP. We don't need people apparently lying about being told a lie, and undermining the Club's owners to add fuel to the scurrilous rumours.

You say you want Sheridan out, so start your Poll again.