Trotman bid confirmed

If he goes and nobody comes in immediately to replace him then this signals the ambition of our club for this season and perhaps for the next 2 to 3 seasons too.

We - the club AND the manager - should convince Trotman that his future is with this club and that success can be achieved here rather than at Plymouth. However, we need to convince the lad that we are strengthening, additions are imminent and they reflect the ambition that keeps the lad here on an new contract.

FFS, we're not far off a Play-Off place and with a few additions, we can achieve promotion and be on par with Plymouth. No disrespect to Plymouth but can you see them getting promotion from the Championship? IF we get promotion then we have just has much chance with the off-field activities and IF Sheridan comes good on capturing effective new faces and molding an effective team on the field. A load of IFs but this is Sheridan's job (and those at the club) to convince the lad that IFs are WHENs.

Early signs are that we haven't rejected Plymouth's approach but their initial offer. Therefore, we're keen to sell and this signals the lack of ambition on the pitch. We have funds available to strengthen, do not need to sell to buy so WHY are we considering this?

If we can't convince this lad that his future is better here than Plymouth then we need to seriously review the manager and those involved in "selling" our club to prospective new players.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call, Fallon is just what we need. Big bustling forward! Just depends what cash we'd get on top. Fallon cost Plymouth 300k this time last year, a then record signing, but Blake has kept him out this year. :unsure:

Blake ain't keeping him out now though is he, seeing as he's gone. He played against Pompey on Sat.

Guest oa_exile
They have just made their record signing for £500k from Cardiff, i suggest they should be looking at matching that for us to sell him

Looks like >>David Norris<< is on his way out , Leicester and Ipswich are looking to sign him for £1.5M - £2M.

So they will have the green backs :)

If he goes and nobody comes in immediately to replace him then this signals the ambition of our club for this season and perhaps for the next 2 to 3 seasons too.

But it wouldn't be a centre back who we would replace him with, would it? The bottom line is that our chances of making the play-offs would be improved by swapping Trotman for the big forward and extra winger we all agree we need.

Guest oa_exile
Some dude on the Plymouth board says they are about to be stung for 50% of whatever they make on Norris through a sell on clause.

Cant see that being right , looks like they paid £25K for him from Bolton in 2002

Gregan may be out for the rest of the season, Thompson hasn't exactly inspired confidence...and who else have we got to cover in the centre? We really don't need to be pressurized in any other areas of the field. We haven't even covered the areas already identified for strengthening!

Maybe money and loans are the only way.

Hazell and Stam. The latter needs to keep his concentration better but Hazell is a natural central defender. It would leave the left full back position a little open but to be honest I thought Hazell struggled a bit there on Saturday.

Guest oa_exile
Hazell and Stam. The latter needs to keep his concentration better but Hazell is a natural central defender. It would leave the left full back position a little open but to be honest I thought Hazell struggled a bit there on Saturday.

WE are getting off topic here BUT :pray: I wish that Shez would give Lomax a run until the end of the season , unless he brings someone in of course.

greegans about to retire through injury,thompson hasnt exactly adhered himself to the fans since joining.

you would have a back four of lomax,stam,hazell,eardly.....and no experienced cover.

we been told shez has money to buy a stiker a midfielder and maybe a winger,we dont need to sell anybody that we have.so why should we sell a very promising talent on the cheap.

Couple of points here.

It's Trotmans choice, but it seems astrange place to be going to. Therefore good money may be a factor.

People keep asking why hasn't he signed/been offered a deal. I would find it suprising if he hasn't.

But if he rejects it, then there is nothing we can do. Don't forget he was loaned out earleir this year, and everyone thought that was a good thing, but he might not have been happy about it.

If a players doesn;t want to go then we are stuck with him, or pleased he is staying. If he does want to go, then it makes it difficult.

My problem is lack of replacements first, if he goes, of the squad in general.

Edited by singe

WE are getting off topic here BUT :pray: I wish that Shez would give Lomax a run until the end of the season , unless he brings someone in of course.

Seems like Sheridan only plays Lomax out of desperation! I mean, putting Hazel there instead - surely Lomax must be wondering what he's done wrong!

We would still be short at centre back if Hazell gets injured, which, knowing our luck, would be the day after Trotman leaves! You can just see the screaming headline on the back of the 'Chron.........

But it wouldn't be a centre back who we would replace him with, would it? The bottom line is that our chances of making the play-offs would be improved by swapping Trotman for the big forward and extra winger we all agree we need.

then we get beat 2-3 every week rather than 0-1. all good teams are built on strong defensive foundations, our defence is already week imo due to mr i get beat far to often on my near post and ive conceeded double figure gols from free kick/ throw ins/ corners aimed at the six yard line. how many shots do the opposition have per game? other than yeovil where ironically mr i get.. had a stormer, we usually keep teams shots on gol below 4 due to the defence of which trotters is an integral part.

Guest oa_exile

:mmm: I am also a little surpised this that this has now become "Official" news as Latics also state they the dont usually make transfers public until the "Deal" is done.

I wonder if a "Bidding war" may be about to ensue ? B)

There is of course the possibility that Trotters doesn't actually WANT to leave. He may well be enjoying his time here and may be happy to continue to develop until either we go up/a bigger club than Plymouth come in for him. Hell, he might just not fancy being 300 miles away from his family all week..

I think that is a good point, as a young lad he may not want to move away and the fact that we gave him a chance after being released by Burnley could also warrant him showing a bit of loyalty. I wish him all the best whatever he does but we have to make sure we get a decent deal.

greegans about to retire through injury

This rumour keeps cropping up but I just can't see any foundation to it. He's had an injury and an operation, how does that equate to retirement? No way would the insurance pay out for 17 months of his contract when he hasn't even made a first attempt at coming back. If someone knows different then do tell, but it sounds like unfounded gossip to me.

Guest oa_exile
This rumour keeps cropping up but I just can't see any foundation to it. He's had an injury and an operation, how does that equate to retirement? No way would the insurance pay out for 17 months of his contract when he hasn't even made a first attempt at coming back. If someone knows different then do tell, but it sounds like unfounded gossip to me.

I spoke to him the other week at the Club , he had had his op , the protective boot was off and he sounded upbeat.

Just to stir up a hornets nest here. and whilst I don't want Trotters to leave and I think Stam is probably the weak link in our back-line at the moment, still, Stam does look far more comfortable playing alongside Rubes AND two of our best defensive performances this season have come when Trotters has been suspended - both in the FA Cup vs Crewe and Everton. Maybe not the end of the world if we do sell him. However I do agree we will be short of cover and it will be the end of the world if we don't sign some bugger.

This is were we should use our nouse, if we're going to sell the lad lets tout him round ourselves, get the price we want or be really crafty and insist on player (s) + ££££ + %%%%%% Sell on. Its called negotiation Mr. Hardy, not where do we sign ??? (£££) as we have so often done over the years!

Edited by oafcprozac

Guest oa_exile
:mmm: I am also a little surpised this that this has now become "Official" news as Latics also state they the dont usually make transfers public until the "Deal" is done.

I wonder if a "Bidding war" may be about to ensue ? B)

This is were we should use our nouse, if we're going to sell the lad lets tout him round ourselves, get the price we want or be really crafty and insist on player (s) + ££££ + %%%%%% Sell on. Its called negotiation Mr. Hardy, not where do we sign ??? (£££) as we have so often done over the years!

Maybe just Maybe :wink:

Guest oa_exile
If he goes we need to add a serious sell on clause. Oh and something regarding internation recognition. Just in case :wink:

Inter Nation ? , why how many teams does he qualify to play for ? :grin: