Allesandra's hold up play

Allesandra's hold up play was a delight to watch and some of the best seen here in many a year, this lad could be a Premiership player if he puts his mind to it. (bit of the Kenny Dalgliesh style in him I thought).

He has the ability, he's got his chance now it's down to him to make sure he won't let it go.

Allesandra's hold up play was a delight to watch and some of the best seen here in many a year, this lad could be a Premiership player if he puts his mind to it. (bit of the Kenny Dalgliesh style in him I thought).

He has the ability, he's got his chance now it's down to him to make sure he won't let it go.

I thought he was excellent. Can definately be considered a member of the squad now. However, he did shirk a few challenges.

Fantastic Player. thought he shown alot of flair and skill in his playing and is sure to go far under the correct guidance. Seemed a good team player and only shooting when necessary. Glad he had a chance and hes certainly took it with both hands.

for a young lad i didnt think he was that quick at all

Quick feet and on the turn but not someone u expect to leave defenders for dead

even so he was excellent tonight and when he gets the ball down he can play

Smalley is the quick one...

Allessandra does all the graft! shame that 'barndoor' cant complete!!!! lol

Go on......build him up after one game..."premiership player" huh....... there'll be dozens on here slagging him off in a few weeks.....

Go on......build him up after one game..."premiership player" huh....... there'll be dozens on here slagging him off in a few weeks.....

I think usually you can almost certainly tell when a player will have a great future in the game. It's all in the first touch, and ball control because that buys you crucial time to think and see other players or the goal.

Alessickofspellingitwrong has wonderful ball control and a great first touch. Whether he's a Premiership player in the making is still a little questionable but he's easily good enough for this level.

last night he was fantastic, but realisticly wolfy has come on a few times not with the same impact but his hold up play and touch has been just as good, the next time we have seen him he has been poor.

what i am saying is, do not expect to much to soon and dont turn on him when he is not a world beater in a few weeks, he needs time to develop.

its a bit like the team, there is plenty of potential.

i totally agree, but if his next 3 performances are not a good as last night , some will turn on him, its happened to many times before, i just want the lad to get a fair crack. he has the ability, no question

You are right and that is a possibility - particularly if he isn't a great tackler since that will immediately raise the hackles of some of our fans.

The thing is though, BP1960 is a very experienced scout who has unearthed many a top player. Consequently, he knows what he is talking about.

You are right and that is a possibility - particularly if he isn't a great tackler since that will immediately raise the hackles of some of our fans.

The thing is though, BP1960 is a very experienced scout who has unearthed many a top player. Consequently, he knows what he is talking about.

Also brings the best out of Smalley. After seeing them come through the ranks together it was good to see them get a chance albeit at the expense of Hughes to play together. Thought it would never happen. Wasn't too bad was it :)

I think Wolfenden is more of a predatory striker and that Alessandra is more heavily involved in link up play. Alessandra does seem to be very confident of his own ability, willing to try different things etc, certainly more confident than the Wolf. Also his strength surprised me last night. He looks slight but seemingly had no problem in shrugging off his marker and either sliding the ball to someone or turning and running. Very impressive indeed.

wolfy's the type of player whos gonna need 90mins in order to truly show his quality, hes a predetary striker, so when he plays a few 90mins and gets the chances he'll start to tuck them away, i think wolfy and allessandra can potentially go far

I'd love to give Wolfie a longer stint, cos the cameos he's had lately haven't really helped him much. I agree he's a natural finisher, but he still needs to work on his strength on the ball and (absolutely vital) his positioning in the box. If he isn't doing already, he needs to watch hour after hour of Lineker and Rush. If he can reliably find that half a yard in and aroundthe danger zone - and our midfielders can actually find him with the ball - he could become lethal.

No question on Allessandra - the kid is top class.

I'd love to give Wolfie a longer stint, cos the cameos he's had lately haven't really helped him much. I agree he's a natural finisher, but he still needs to work on his strength on the ball and (absolutely vital) his positioning in the box. If he isn't doing already, he needs to watch hour after hour of Lineker and Rush. If he can reliably find that half a yard in and aroundthe danger zone - and our midfielders can actually find him with the ball - he could become lethal.

No question on Allessandra - the kid is top class.

What does this say for Wolfy - He looks to be even further down the pecking order now

What does this say for Wolfy - He looks to be even further down the pecking order now

I'd send the lad out on loan once we have a new striker in. Effectively, with everyone fit he's about 5th in the pecking order. I'd rather have him playing competively with a recall clause should we go into crisis.

It would be a shame to lose Wolfie, but I really can't see him breaking through right now. Especially if we sign a striker. I'd say a stint on loan at a League Two club would help alot - either to find his level, or to hone his skills a little more and see him return a better poacher.