Bottles and coin thrown at Westwood!

.... And to cap it all off there were latics fans throwing bottles at Matt Glennon at the final whistle... I wont deny that Im quite ashamed to support latics at the moment.

Following on from sdk's post about the end of the 'Uddersfield game, the same thing happened at the end of the game tonight. In addition to plastic bottles thrown at Keiran Westwood, a coin was thrown. He picked it up and walked towards some young kids, who were shouting at him and told them what he thought of them. He then walked up to the half-way line and gave the coin to the ref.

I told the senior steward what had happened at the two successive games - he said they were aware of it happening on Saturday.

Hope there are no sanctions taken against the Club if the ref includes it in his match report.

Now I don't normally condone violence, or indeed violent punishments, but I have to admit I would quite happily stand by and watch the vicious beating of ANYONE caught throwing coins, kids included. No possible excuse for it.

And if the coin throwing culprit(s) are caught, I hope the club intends to impose life ban(s). The only appropriate measure IMO.

Ive logged on to post about this, not about the good performance last night, which is a shame but shows how strongly i feel about it. That coin hit Westwood in the chest, not far from his neck, if he had bent down a little but further to pick up his towel he would have got it in the face, he would have been in a whole world of trouble and so would we for that matter. He was clearly upset by this and when he stared at the guy he had bottles thrown at him. Stewards were there watching the whole thing but they never moved, but if i see anyone throwing coins ill throw them over those railings myself! Disgusting!

Absolutley disgusting, if indeed the stewards were just stood watching they then should be sacked and the people who threw the objects should each recieve a lift time ban.

Absolutley disgusting, if indeed the stewards were just stood watching they then should be sacked and the people who threw the objects should each recieve a lift time ban.

They were just stood and watching on Saturday when it happened they looked a bit scared to do anything. Think the stewards at BP are a discrace to be honest they need to get their priorities sorted..more concerned with trying to nullify the atmosphere than sort out any real incidents.

I was watching Westwood, because as one of our former loanees I've always wished he had stayed with us - I even applauded him as he came to our end after half-time, something I never do with opposing keepers. I didn't see who threw the coin or bottles and neither did the stewards. It was as though they were too close to see if you get my drift. They were stood against the perimeter looking out at the crowd, whereas the young kids were leaning over the perimeter. So the action went on under their noses but not within their sight-line.

That's why I told the senior steward what had happened and advised him to ensure that the stewards watch specifically for it next time as the throwing has quickly become a habit.

Now I don't normally condone violence, or indeed violent punishments, but I have to admit I would quite happily stand by and watch the vicious beating of ANYONE caught throwing coins, kids included. No possible excuse for it.

And if the coin throwing culprit(s) are caught, I hope the club intends to impose life ban(s). The only appropriate measure IMO.

OR,after identifying the moronic culprit(s) shame them by putting them in stocks on the halfway line & offer the chance for punters to throw coins,tomatoes,eggs at them for some half-time entertainment!

In all seriousness,if this has occurred before then the question begs why haven`t the stewards been instructed to take neccesary action to prevent this from happening again?!

OR,after identifying the moronic culprit(s) shame them by putting them in stocks on the halfway line & offer the chance for punters to throw coins,tomatoes,eggs at them for some half-time entertainment!

In all seriousness,if this has occurred before then the question begs why haven`t the stewards been instructed to take neccesary action to prevent this from happening again?!

could put them in the stocks and get Smalley and Davies to shoot at them, but they could be there a long time :grin: