A great night & display from the kids

Eardley - 19

Lomax - 21

Taylor - 21

Smalley - 19

These are the ages of 4 players who've played a major part this season. 3 from the 4 have come in for lots of criticism this season from some quarters......a game like tonight shows one thing.....they can do it, they are good enough and there's a good chance that one day they could shine in this game. For us. Taking us forward.

For me, the mistakes, the rawness, the wrong decisions they make all come from their age. Tonight, they were superb. Ok, Taylor was quieter than the other 3 but Smalley ran their defence ragged, Lomax had his man in his pocket all night and Eardley put in a peach of a cross for one goal and was fairly solid.

We've a young side being relied on now and to me, all 4 of these kids will be superb for us.....maybe not week in, week out....but the consistency will come over the years. Forgive Smalley for his misses, Eardley for his misplaced passes, Taylor for his corners and Lomax....well, there's nowt to forgive him for coz he's superb.

Tonight, our FB's pushed on and created gaps for Gary McD to waltz through and slam home the goals. That's what we need more of and I'm proud as hell after what's been a tough few days since Sat's defeat.

PS And then I've not even mention young Alessandra....wow, the youth coming through really could be something special if we get the blend right in during the next year or two.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Couldn't agree more. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.

For me the night was all about Alessandra. Whilst we played well and slick as a team, he really gave us a genuine threat up front, Marmalade (?!) their centre half/left back just couldn't live with him. That quick turn on the ball in their penalty area 2nd half leaving two of them for dead was simply sublime.

I TOO agree, we are far too critical of our players (especially the young guns) and last night they produced something magnificent - they were still moans and groans at any misplaced passes even at 2-0 but good look to the kids, they are hungry, energetic and will bust a gut for the Latics!!

I thought up to Hughes going off we were going to be in for a bit of a spanking. Carlisle looked quick and direct.......until Allessandra came on. Our play completely changed and Carlisle were left chasing shadows for most of the game.

Eardley - 19

Lomax - 21

Taylor - 21

Smalley - 19

These are the ages of 4 players who've played a major part this season. 3 from the 4 have come in for lots of criticism this season from some quarters.

Come on tell me the answer, put me out of my misery, who is the one that hasn't! :lol: I've been taking my 8 year old nephew this season and he thought Eardley's Christian names were Bloody Hell!

Fortunately for Alessandra the moaners haven't got his name right yet so he might get a bit of leeway maybe a month or two whilst they rehearse 'Bloody hell Alessandra!!

It's times like this that you see why the club takes the cash for players like Spencer when the big clubs come in. He's been released to Yeovil whereas Alesandra and Smalley, who weren't so fancied at the time, come through from the same crop and look like players with the potential to go further in their career. Chris Hall is banging them in too :D