Heard from a number of different people last night that we are looking into him, can anyone say anything about this?

dont confirm anything though, doncaster's spys are everywhere in camp oldham!

:security: i heard same roumer that he would be signing today :deal: :security:

Guest sheridans_world

He's 35, hasnt scored in two seasons while playing 25 games in that time.

Other than that, he could do a job...on a yearly contract...

Heard from a number of different people last night that we are looking into him, can anyone say anything about this?

dont confirm anything though, doncaster's spys are everywhere in camp oldham!

lets hope this is another one doncaster take off us!!!

no thanks, not the type of striker we need!

Guest sheridans_world
lets hope this is another one doncaster take off us!!!

no thanks, not the type of striker we need!

One that scored over 80 goals in the premiership not all that long ago?

Not exactly what's needed though, is it?!

We need a target man to allow Hughes to feed off. Ricketts could have done the job before the critics stuck their knife in - unfairly I may add. Ricketts loan was up last night wasn't it? What's the situation with him now - is he off, returning? Shez should give him a second chance get him back in and concentrate on a winger perhaps.

We need a target man to allow Hughes to feed off. Ricketts could have done the job before the critics stuck their knife in - unfairly I may add. Ricketts loan was up last night wasn't it? What's the situation with him now - is he off, returning? Shez should give him a second chance get him back in and concentrate on a winger perhaps.

Seems to be up now. Could be an interesting few hours for Ricketts if Walsall can't pull the deal together. Can he even come back here with his "contract". Is anyone else sniffing round?

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Today's Express & Star reports:

"Walsall striker hopes in balance

Walsall’s hopes of signing Michael Ricketts remain in the balance.

The striker was again absent from last night’s draw with Leyton Orient due to an ongoing Achilles problem.

Ricketts’ loan from Oldham Athletic expires before the Carlisle United match on Saturday.

Manager Richard Money is still hoping to tie up either a loan until the end of the season or his permanent signature within the next 48 hours."

Blinken eck... here we go again... the abuse ricketts was getting had nothing to do with him leaving, if our players left when they started getting stick from our fans then we would have no-one left. I just find it amazing that irrespective of how he was doing on the pitch, fans want someone back so much, even though when we had him we were utter pap, then when he leaves we only lose 2 in 18.... my how short our memories are.... ricketts was destroying this team, hence why he went, and hence why there is no chance in hell he will ever be back - his contract was burned many moons ago...

As for Dickov - he may not be big, but he is an absolute pain in the backside for defenders.... his tenacity would create space for hughes... well, if his legs are still up for it.... can also play on the right...

... And with the rumours Moore in talks too, wouldnt mind Moore & Dickov - that defo gives us options....

Gives me the impression he is still ours contrary to waht some have said.

Walsall Negotiate with Latics

i wouldnt let him go back on loan, we need to sell if possible

if a deal cannot be arranged he should come back and if that means sitting in the reserves and not playing for a league rival that are above us then so be it.

there fans seem keen to keep him as they belive thay have turned around since his arrival, why do them a favour

I think the stand off between Shez and Ricketts is to big a gulf to reconcile, canna see him back here at Latics. Getting back to the topic header, Dickov a few seasons back yes, however not now he's not what we need, nor is Warne btw.

yep my personal opinion would be we can manage without him, still would like to hear any news regarding us and him,

i say bring roger out of retirement, stick a tg on him aswell so we can track him,

you have more chance of seeing a flying elephant than a lesser spotted palmer

yep my personal opinion would be we can manage without him, still would like to hear any news regarding us and him,

i say bring roger out of retirement, stick a tg on him aswell so we can track him,

you have more chance of seeing a flying elephant than a lesser spotted palmer

he is a pain in the backside for defenders.and i would have loved to see him at bp a while back when we was rumoured to set to offer 600k.

think if a loan was available until the end of the season he could do a job from the bench,gives us a bit more back up.

especially as hughes has pulled his groin and is likely to miss 3 maybe 4 weeks,and davies not firing.

but i would still bring in a target man as well.

i metioned hartson the other day and got laffed at...now there is a thread for it and most want him!!