What next?

We shudda seen this commin hope theres a plan B.

We should have seen two players who agreed to sign for us, both so close to officially being a part of the squad, both who agreed terms and were ready to head off to Swansea with us, turning around at the very last minute?

I think that's pretty unforeseeable.

Plan B = Using the players (and talented players at that) we have to give a little bit extra for the rest of the season and help us push on.

Our defence is good, we have strikers who can score goals. We have two bulldogs in midfield. I'm only concerned about our creativity in midfield and our ability to retain possession in midfield but the signings we missed out on today wouldn't have helped that situation at all.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

We should have seen two players who agreed to sign for us, both so close to officially being a part of the squad, both who agreed terms and were ready to head off to Swansea with us, turning around at the very last minute?

I think that's pretty unforeseeable.

Plan B = Using the players (and talented players at that) we have to give a little bit extra for the rest of the season and help us push on.

Our defence is good, we have strikers who can score goals. We have two bulldogs in midfield. I'm only concerned about our creativity in midfield and our ability to retain possession in midfield but the signings we missed out on today wouldn't have helped that situation at all.

strikers 1 injured 1 couldnt hit a barn door and kids hope they can come good.

strikers 1 injured 1 couldnt hit a barn door and kids hope they can come good.

Davies can score goals, he's proven that. What he's going through isn't something that can't be resolved with some good man management from Shez. It's not like we've got a striker up front who doesn't have the ability to score goals which would be far far worse. Alessandra, well after what most of us saw from him on Tuesday we have every reason to be optimistic about this lad, the way he holds the ball up and turns with it is brilliant, also for a young player he's quite strong, doesn't get muscled off the ball easily at all and he has quick feet. I'd like to see how he can finish and his positioning but we've a good one here.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Davies can score goals, he's proven that. What he's going through isn't something that can't be resolved with some good man management from Shez. It's not like we've got a striker up front who doesn't have the ability to score goals which would be far far worse. Alessandra, well after what most of us saw from him on Tuesday we have every reason to be optimistic about this lad, the way he holds the ball up and turns with it is brilliant, also for a young player he's quite strong, doesn't get muscled off the ball easily at all and he has quick feet. I'd like to see how he can finish and his positioning but we've a good one here.

davies :blahblah::blahblah: how many chances do you want to give him he's had 11 games still give him a chance ey!!!!

Yeah, Hughes must be rubbish too, he hasn't scored in 8 matches!

Some forget that!

NOT having a go a hughes, but this Davies bashing is beyond a joke - whats good for one, is good for someone else.

Vernon on loan. You heard it hear first*

*All transfer news is pure speculation

Forgot the Brighton goal. :tongue:

i was just checkin facts you nearly got it. 1 in 4 less an injury ater 12 mins....

the thing that gets me with davies is yes he was good till hughes came then he spat the dummy threw toys out of pram and is no longer doin the buisness imho he needs to get a grip,grow up and think about the team and not himself theres no I in team!!!

I'm getting really annoyed with the constant slating of Craig Davies and before that Michael Ricketts, :he underperforms:, "he doesn't care", "he can't hit a barn door". I feel that when a player comes to Oldham from a higher level that some of the fans expect them to be world beaters and forget that it's a team sport, so when the team is underperforming some of them blame players like Davies, Ricketts and before that Jermaine Johnsson, Kevin Betsy, Chris Killen even Chris Porter who are by the way playing at a higher level of football than ourselves. People complain at players like Davies for running into the corner and not going for goal, maybe he realises that if he can protect the ball then people may eventually come up in support, what would you rather have a player that wants to keep the ball or someone who chases after everything loses the ball and the entire team are chasing and probably getting tired out like what happened under Ronnie Moore. How are we going to attract players from a higher level if this is the sort of things they are likely to expect from some of our supporters?

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I'm getting really annoyed with the constant slating of Craig Davies and before that Michael Ricketts, :he underperforms:, "he doesn't care", "he can't hit a barn door". I feel that when a player comes to Oldham from a higher level that some of the fans expect them to be world beaters and forget that it's a team sport, so when the team is underperforming some of them blame players like Davies, Ricketts and before that Jermaine Johnsson, Kevin Betsy, Chris Killen even Chris Porter who are by the way playing at a higher level of football than ourselves. People complain at players like Davies for running into the corner and not going for goal, maybe he realises that if he can protect the ball then people may eventually come up in support, what would you rather have a player that wants to keep the ball or someone who chases after everything loses the ball and the entire team are chasing and probably getting tired out like what happened under Ronnie Moore. How are we going to attract players from a higher level if this is the sort of things they are likely to expect from some of our supporters?

so its the teams fault tha davies cant score!!!!!

beats its the fans fault i supose

Edited by chat-blue

Difference for me is that when not scoring Hughes still looks the part and plays a good part in bringing other players in.

At present Davies doesn't appear to have the "footballing brain" to make the right decisions at the right time (pass, shoot etc) so if he doesn't score - for me his contribution if far less than when Hughes doesn't score.

BUT Davies has bags of potential. Can score, pace, skill etc. Perhaps he needs some time / coaching / a spell in the reserves etc. and I hope he is big enough to take it if Shez does.

If not and he goes because he spits his dummy / boo boys get on his back - you can be sure he'll do a Barlow*

Scapegoat

* - go somewhere else and look like a world beater.