The irony of this interview

Its cause of supporters like you that his contract has been cancelled though

errrr really??? Come on Scotty. The guy showed a fraction of the effort and commitment that our youngsters do. He was just wrong from the moment that picture was taken.

Its cause of supporters like you that his contract has been cancelled though

I was simply down to the fact he didn't perform in a Latics shirt.

Scotty do you know razza personally???? Otherwise I really don't understand what your comments are about ..... keep it friendly mate

'because of supporters like you'. explain? i thoght it was because of groo misconduct. he's entitled to comment on ricketts' departure.

Thankyou

its because of replies like above that i dont post on here often.

I never booed Ricketts once i even had an arguement with someone about him one match.

Thankyou

its because of replies like above that i dont post on here often.

I never booed Ricketts once i even had an arguement with someone about him one match.

i know. express an opinion and some instantly take it as a chance to take the mickey, rant or just give abuse. the whole point of these internet sites to allow a free flow of opinion not to try and frame opinion or abuse people. i still don't know what he was getting at. don't worry about it.

i know. express an opinion and some instantly take it as a chance to take the mickey, rant or just give abuse. the whole point of these internet sites to allow a free flow of opinion not to try and frame opinion or abuse people. i still don't know what he was getting at. don't worry about it.

The o9nly reason i posted this because i jus thought it was funny how he said oldham have give me a chance etc etc. biting the hand who feeds u ay?

Razza ..... don't worry about it mate and carry on posting. The comments have been notice by the mods and dealt with, if you have any further problems on here just give us a shout.

ktf

Mark

Nice one will do.

40 minutes to go come on KTF

Ryan

• 1 month later...

I hoped it would work out for him and latics when he signed, but it was a big con and the sceptics esp. coco were right all along. He must be the worst signing ever made in the Kevin Moore sense i.e. he did not give a stuff about latics or the paying punters.

I hoped it would work out for him and latics when he signed, but it was a big con and the sceptics esp. coco were right all along. He must be the worst signing ever made in the Kevin Moore sense i.e. he did not give a stuff about latics or the paying punters.

Yeah...right! You mean those who scapegoated him from day one! Ok....

And yet some say that Kevin Moore was one of the best Centre Backs that they have seen at Latics - better even than Futcher; Barrett; Jobson etc. Who'd have thought it eh?

The fact is that Coco and other cynics were unprepared to see just how good Ricketts could be as to admit they were wrong would not have suited their blinkered agenda which was set before he had even kicked a ball in a blue shirt.

Ricketts showed some good stuff on the pitch but apparently, his attitude stank and that left a bad taste in the dressing room. At Walsall, he was a model pro; scored loads of goals and was a major factor in the change around in their Season.

I'm not surprised in the least that Championship Clubs are having a look at him since he is a class act.

And yet some say that Kevin Moore was one of the best Centre Backs that they have seen at Latics - better even than Futcher; Barrett; Jobson etc. Who'd have thought it eh?

The fact is that Coco and other cynics were unprepared to see just how good Ricketts could be as to admit they were wrong would not have suited their blinkered agenda which was set before he had even kicked a ball in a blue shirt.

Ricketts showed some good stuff on the pitch but apparently, his attitude stank and that left a bad taste in the dressing room. At Walsall, he was a model pro; scored loads of goals and was a major factor in the change around in their Season.

I'm not surprised in the least that Championship Clubs are having a look at him since he is a class act.

Excellently put I_C!

I think his goal tally showed how good he was for us, and is the given reason why the manager got rid.

Even the goal tally wouldn't have mattered if he just shown like he wanted to play, he was so lazy, unfit and didn't put any effort in what so ever....now in contrast to the 33 year old we released in the summer gave 110%, Ricketts just didn't go down well at all and it wasn't in the least bit surprising. Good to get rid of him, unfit, lazy, waste of space.

I think his goal tally showed how good he was for us, and is the given reason why the manager got rid.

If you still believe that then I am very, very surprised.

The reason that he was loaned ou to Walsall was purely down to the effect he was having on the Latics dressing room with his Billy Big Balls attitude.

The fact that he then went to Walsall and scored goals (and set up several others) suggests more about our poor performance and playing staff at the time than it does about Ricketts.

The reason that he was loaned ou to Walsall was purely down to the effect he was having on the Latics dressing room with his Billy Big Balls attitude.

The fact that he then went to Walsall and scored goals (and set up several others) suggests more about our poor performance and playing staff at the time than it does about Ricketts.

Or that he was totally disinterested in playing for us and a move back to his home town and first club worked out well for him.

Anyway this has been done to death and the only true fact is that Ricketts was binned.

Inspiral, on the whole we have a very unknowledgable crowd. Given the amount of time I suspect they have had watching the game I cant see it changing either. They are idiots who can applaud effort and cheer goals, thats it.

Purely? If he had been banging them in for fun could you have seen Shez getting rid so quickly? Yes he has a baggage and yes his swift departure indicates that something was wrong in the dressing room but that goes hand in hand with his poor performances and lack of effort. If he had been scoring for fun he'd probably have been kept and forced to work with the rest of the squad. He was unfit, lazy and had problems in the dressing room and I think all 3 were factors in his departure.

Or that he was totally disinterested in playing for us and a move back to his home town and first club worked out well for him.

Anyway this has been done to death and the only true fact is that Ricketts was binned.

I agree with the second sentence.

I'm still puzzled though how you could have made up your mind about the first claim before you had even seen him kick a ball for us.

Ah well. He's history as far as Latics is concerned.

:)