Window Closed

Everyone happen with the squad??? With adding a left sided midfield and Lewis's performance on Tuesday. I'm happy ...... cover at the back would have been great but there ya go.

Still the loan market from next week

K]ktf

Yeah im definitely happy. Hopefully also now see Taylor play on the right wing in his natural position.

Would have liked to get a striker in, but agree it's a chance for Alessandra (and maybe Wolfie).

Still have the option of 'emergency' short term loans after next week, so if the need for a striker becomes desperate then hopefully we'll be able to do something.

Definitely happy that, from what I know of them, Jarrett and Livermore are two quality signings who add something to the squad.

I've never really been a big fan of the January window. There are usually very few great signings made. Best to pick and choose (as we have done) and leave anything major for the summer.

Everyone happen with the squad??? With adding a left sided midfield and Lewis's performance on Tuesday. I'm happy ...... cover at the back would have been great but there ya go.

Still the loan market from next week

K]ktf

Largely dissapointed, i know a lot of Shez's efforts have been scuppered by events he cannot control, but i feel we have no real signifficant changes that will improve our position.

Livermore one month deal bought a player in which is already a competetive area.. Jarrett umm had a good game against carlisle and is more creative than the rest but what we needed was a striker and we failed to bag one... i know 2 went astray but that happens in football, we should of been more prepared.

Jarrett looks very promising and Livermore sounds to be very experienced and versatile. Hope Livermore can take corners!

If Jarrett and Allott thread balls between defenders for Davies to run on to, using his pace from onside positions, we could terrorize defences.

If we continue to play like we did against Carlisle, it should be onwards and upwards.

Possibly loanee(s) in a week's time.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Largely dissapointed, i know a lot of Shez's efforts have been scuppered by events he cannot control, but i feel we have no real signifficant changes that will improve our position.

Livermore one month deal bought a player in which is already a competetive area.. Jarrett umm had a good game against carlisle and is more creative than the rest but what we needed was a striker and we failed to bag one... i know 2 went astray but that happens in football, we should of been more prepared.

I think regarding Strikers sheridan will use a short term loan when he is allowed now. But i think Lewis Alessandra is more than capable of filling in any how so i dont think there is many worries in that department.

Not that happy with the way things have happened really, Moore was released 1 week ago and it appears we make our move over a week later ? Now that Trotman has left we need cover in the middle of defence asap and I fully expect this to happen via a loan deal because an injury to either Stam or Hazell and we will be in the brown stuff.

Drphibes

Livermore played many games for Millwall at CB and LB ..... theres our cover

i fully expect a loan stiker to come in when allowed to ,shez can concentrate on the game in hand now and mix things up a little.

yes i was dissapointed we didnt sign a stiker.but like i say,get a decent loan signing in after the weekend,identify a couple of decent hitmen and go for it.

carry on playing like tuesday or better an its playoff time again.

Livermore played many games for Millwall at CB and LB ..... theres our cover

I think that is an astute point. I would be suprised to see him on the lhs of midfield on Saturday as that would most likely to mean the chop for Macca Allott or Smalley or Taylor. If it's going to be any of them it would probably mean Smalley. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at LB and Lomax given the bendy finger again.

Just noticed Taylor is suspended which I had missed. That puts a different complexion on it. Get yer boots Kelvin lad.

Edited by astottie

Was concerned about lack of big powerful striker until after Tuesday night when we played a completely different game to what we have been playing all season - more mobile midfield and strikers meant their defenders were all over the show and under constant pressure. With Hughesy, Lidds, Thommo and Greegs to come back from injury and Woolfy who wasnt even used on Tuesday we defo have more options. Bit concerned about having to rely on kids to get our goals but at least these fellas are hungry and fit enough for the task ahead!

I think that is an astute point. I would be suprised to see him on the lhs of midfield on Saturday as that would most likely to mean the chop for Macca Allott or Smalley or Taylor. If it's going to be any of them it would probably mean Smalley. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at LB and Lomax given the bendy finger again.

Just noticed Taylor is suspended which I had missed. That puts a different complexion on it. Get yer boots Kelvin lad.

This is exactly what i ahve been thinking.... at no point did shez ever say he was looking for a left winger... he has always said he was looking for a left back... for me people are juping the gun thinking this guy is going to paly on the left wing for us, he is described as a defensive midfielder at best (playing most of his midfield time in the centre).. and a more natural left back...

Except for saturday i cant see shez playing him anywhere other than LB, I just cant see him shifting taylor, and unfortunately young kelvin will bite the bullett again.... I still see him as a great signing though, players who can genuinely play in multiple positions are golddust att his level...

... however you gotta feel for kelvin....