Alessandra needs to impress coaching staff more

Not in training, but at Swansea today Lewis held up the ball very well and brought other players into the play. He showed a maturity beyond his years and is difficult to shake off the ball. He is a very exciting prospect.

If he's picked for the Reserves on Monday I shall expect him to put in as much effort as he did today.

I think Shez is perfectly within his rights to make such comments. Don't forget he's spent years with some of these kids and more importantly he knows all there is to know about their traits and characteristics. It isn't out of order. Try this angle, Shez has said this behind close doors many times to Aless and Aless is that talented he could be big...but things come quite naturally and therefore he does slack off in training a bit. He also knows that Aless is the kind of character that will get fired up by placing such a comment in public so therefore 2 birds, one stone...and we end up with a talented young player with a point to prove.

To me this is what Shez was looking to do, which is why he hasn't singled players out with such comments before...perhaps a Taylor, Smalley, Davies are the kind of characters that need an arm round, whereas Aless reacts well to this type of thing.

On the subject of set pieces, anyone else get the feeling that Shez gets so frustrated (being the master at delivery) that he just ends up taking all the set pieces in training in order to ensure the balls in are delivered with quality. Come matchday noone else has had chance to practice... :ohno: