Scott Vernon signed for Colchester

Took almost 13 hours to be announced after the deadline closed, but Vernon left Blackpool for Colchester in a £100k deal.

Still, he's clearly not good enough for us according to some on here.

im surprised at him going to Colchester permanently, could we not pay 100k for Vernon and we still would have had money left over from the Trotters sale

Are we in for a cut of that £100K I wonder?

Didn't he leave us on a free.

And It was Liverpool who jumped the gun on the Austrian lad's deal. We only put it on our website after they had it on theirs. I think there would have been a few moaners about being the last to know if it had all gone through and Latics had only put it on their site several hours after Liverpool.

Edited by laticsrblue

Someone at BP needs to read this about half way through. (However you have to etc.....)

http://www.cu-fc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1231189,00.html

To be fair, if you're eluding to the Liverpool striker, it was they who went ahead in announcing it. The Latics merely followed their lead 20 or 30 mins later. Only for the player to renage. As for Ian Moore, he was only reported on after he'd turned us down. Don't think the Latics have done much wrong in the reporting, which is why I was utterly hacked off once the Liverpool reserve player turned us down. TBH, I just seriously can't understand that decision.....the lad's clearly going nowhere at Liverpool. Didn't do owt at Luton, was sent packing from Palace very publicly. WTF does he or his agent think he's going to do next? Suddenly find the ability to make it at Liverpool? Hope I never hear of the prat in football again!

EDIT: Seems I won't....just read in the other thread about him that he's off to play with his Wacker in Austria! Gone and now forgotten.....

PS On Vernon, can ya imagine if someone had said to you a few years back, one day Scott Vernon and Teddy Sheringham will lead the strikeforce for a team....they'd have been phoning for the men in the white coats! It's a funny owd game...good luck Scott.....keep them up please, I never want to go back to Layer Road at this level, ever again!

Edited by boundaryblue80

To be fair, if you're eluding to the Liverpool striker, it was they who went ahead in announcing it. The Latics merely followed their lead 20 or 30 mins later. Only for the player to renage. As for Ian Moore, he was only reported on after he'd turned us down. Don't think the Latics have done much wrong in the reporting, which is why I was utterly hacked off once the Liverpool reserve player turned us down. TBH, I just seriously can't understand that decision.....the lad's clearly going nowhere at Liverpool. Didn't do owt at Luton, was sent packing from Palace very publicly. WTF does he or his agent think he's going to do next? Suddenly find the ability to make it at Liverpool? Hope I never hear of the prat in football again!

EDIT: Seems I won't....just read in the other thread about him that he's off to play with his Wacker in Austria! Gone and now forgotten.....

PS On Vernon, can ya imagine if someone had said to you a few years back, one day Scott Vernon and Teddy Sheringham will lead the strikeforce for a team....they'd have been phoning for the men in the white coats! It's a funny owd game...good luck Scott.....keep them up please, I never want to go back to Layer Road at this level, ever again!

He's gone home to Wacker Tirol hasn't he? Fair enough

Took almost 13 hours to be announced after the deadline closed, but Vernon left Blackpool for Colchester in a £100k deal.

Still, he's clearly not good enough for us according to some on here.

We'll be in the same division next year, I can't see how him signing for the "mighty" Colchester makes him good enough, or otherwise, to play for us.

Nah, just a team who's done a hell of alot better than we have in recent years and play in a division above.

A league above yes ... but not for long, look at the table, there bottom pal. So basically next season, despite them "doing a hell of alot better than us in recent years" well be in the same division. Hmmm.

Come on guys....stop trying to argue black is white....he's playing for a side in the Championship. Don't give a damn what club it is or their position...or even where they "might" be next season....he's playing there coz he's earned that right and is better than this level and the club hope he finds the goals to keep them at that level (possibly, shock, cozhe's got them at that level with another club.) Despite you agreeing or not on his abilities. Would've been a good signing for us, but alas, we're not at a level to challenge for his signature. And that's the way it is.

Edited by boundaryblue80