Which Club Most Mirrors Ourselves ?

A shame that our nearest rival is 160 miles away !!!!

Really we have no obvious rival; United, City in another universe.

Blackburn and Wigan have become Premiership clubs due to generous benefactors

Even Huddersfield have rivalries elswhere.

Praying that Rochdale are promoted, it would be marvellous to have a local rival,especially one we could play Mr Big with !

A

Praying that Rochdale are promoted, it would be marvellous to have a local rival,especially one we could play Mr Big with !

LARGING IT WITH THE DALE WOULD BE ASKING FOR IT!

You only have to look how we have raised our game against Big time Charlie neighbours over the years, Rochdale fans are as proud of their Club as we are, Well run Club who have fought tooth and nail to stay in existance,remember when Altrincham nearly joined the League in teir place after splashing the Cash about?

Back to the main subject, I would like to think we are a mirror image of Charlton, although Luton is more realistic.

LARGING IT WITH THE DALE WOULD BE ASKING FOR IT!

You only have to look how we have raised our game against Big time Charlie neighbours over the years, Rochdale fans are as proud of their Club as we are, Well run Club who have fought tooth and nail to stay in existance,remember when Altrincham nearly joined the League in teir place after splashing the Cash about?

Back to the main subject, I would like to think we are a mirror image of Charlton, although Luton is more realistic.

Barnsley Bradford Peterboro

Luton ?

Similar gates, ground, often have boxed above their weight, close to bigger clubs and even played on a plastic pitch !!!!

Our Southern Cousins ?

Both been in Administration.

Both had celebrity comedian fans called Eric - Sykes and Morecambe.

Both played Forest in The League Cup Final at Wembley - 1989 & 90.

Both losing F.A. Cup Semi-Finalists in 1994.

Both play in part-tangerine.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Barnsley Bradford Peterboro

Barnsley yes, Bradford...not too sure,its a big City with big potential but our history has been very similiar.

Peterborough? Similiar size Club but they are not really in the shadows of anybody,bit of a backwater if anything.

I would lean towards another side who have served a long time in the same division. I would look at Rotherham, but apart from flying up and down the leagues, they're quite similar. We've even had the same manager.

I'm looking at Grimsby. They're someone who has a decent season, nearly getting towards the promotion end, or another season, where they flirt with the relegation places.

Luton ?

Similar gates, ground, often have boxed above their weight, close to bigger clubs and even played on a plastic pitch !!!!

Our Southern Cousins ?

i was thinking at the moment man city. different division of course. but much improved but still struggling to be in that top 6. much like us.

I would look at clubs like Walsall, Leyton Orient, Trampmere from a locationperspective - edge of big cities, always having to live withthepull of the bigger clus etc.

But from a spirit and culture? Definitely Luton for me too - and they have a decent set of fans, good crack in the pub before the game when we are down there. :wedgie:

Of late a lad I used to work with believed Rochdale's seasons mirrored ours a lot in recent times.

Certainly so this season too, doing well away and not so well at home although slightly higher in the league than us.

That's spooky, I have a bet every year with my neighbour who's a Dale season ticket holder and it's amazing how close we are on points every year.

I've lived in Rochdale most of my life and I've been praying for the derby to happen for about 25 years now, but it never does. I would love them to come up and start a real derby tradition, after all geographically they are the closest club to us.

Luton ?

Our Southern Cousins ?

Definately Foggia from Italy. Spent late 80's/ early 90's in top division, now in Seria C, about midtable with 28 points from 21 games (about what we had) and oddly have a goal diff of +3. :Italy: