Will the Dale finally win Promotion?

Not had a better chance since the Parkin days since the turn of the millenium. Finally got a decent side together, even with the sale of Murray they spanked Chester 4-0 and won at Mk Dons.

It's a shame they're absolute gash at home, with teams just coming to frustrate (sound familar).

http://www.soccerbase.com/div_summary.sd?compid=4

Currently just in the last playoff position on goal difference. Between 1 and 3 games in hand on the teams around them.

Peterborough and Barnet in the next few days at home to give them some breathing space before some very tricky games.

Lincoln away, Hereford home, Bradford away, Wycombe home, Chesterfield home.

Just so happens to be that there last away game of the season, the penultimate of the season is at B*ry. It's got to be fate that they finally win promotion at the team they despise the most. I'm definately fobbing off Cheltenham at home if it comes to that.

I personally would LOVE IT - just Love It if Dale went up !!!

Who can remember going to the last league fixture of Oldham V Dale ?? I cant for sure !

It would be great for both town and I would say give both fixtures a good crowd !!

I have to say, I'd find it pretty depressing. At least we'd get a decent gate out of it though.

I have to say, I'd find it pretty depressing. At least we'd get a decent gate out of it though.

I dunno about a decent gate at B.P.

Dale do have one of the best percentage away followings in the country - even better than ours I think. But given how many they get, it doesnt take many to get a big percentage. On average they take about 1,500 to the local games at Bury. 1,000 ish to Stockport. They had about 900 at Chester on Tuesday Night. Though i'd guess they'd probably increase if they did finally go up and saw a different ground rather than the one's they have week in week out for the past 3 decades. I'd guess they'd be pushing the dizzy heights of 4,000 a week too - When they last reached the playoffs towards the end of the season they were getting 3,500 bar the last game which saw 5,500 with the playoffs 8,500 (though 1,500 where from Rushden). Only this year that they've passed 1,000 Season Ticket Sales in their history as daft as it sounds.

Still. It'd be far better than having 50 on a tuesday night from Bournemouth.

At Spotland it'd be a different matter. We'd swamp the place, something which Spotland only see's when Hartlepool/Carlisle go to celebrate promotion or when City turn up for a pre season friendly.

Sadly Its probably signed and sealed with the man upstairs that dale balls it up like usual. I'd probably celebrate just as much if Latics won, if the day was to happen.

I personally would LOVE IT - just Love It if Dale went up !!!

Who can remember going to the last league fixture of Oldham V Dale ?? I cant for sure !

It would be great for both town and I would say give both fixtures a good crowd !!

it was the year we got promoted form the old third division 74 season dale got relegated to div 4 and as far as i am aware they aint been back since - was too young so was not there

any ideas alangrovesperm ?? wot about harrydowdsgreenshirt?? help us Richie out

but yes this is the year me thinks -

Edited by neiladamsheadband

• 3 weeks later...

"Hello Biffo's. I know this is a long shot, but could we please use your ground."

The postponements are getting stupidly ridiculous now. Even the egg chasing was off on sunday. Doesnt help when your frost covers dont even do the job or cover the whole pitch and you have to try and borrow those nice one's that OAFC have from time to time.

Never liked Dale since I went there in the early nineties. They all celebrated when latics were one down, never been back since. Might generate a little bit interest if they came up though although it would be a sad reflection of how far we have fallen.

how far we have fallen???? we have been here the longest in this league so i think we fell a long time ago,and keep stumbling around most seasons with a few flashes of what could and should be.

big well done to dale if they do finally manage to get up,would make a good local derby,maybe not the big crowd everybody dreams of,but a decent one,it would be more of an achievement considering they keep selling there better players each season.

good luck to them

I have too many memories from way back when we hated each other to ever change my opinion - I'd be glad to see them drop out of the league. It used to wind me up how they always got re-elected into the old fourth div despite being crap and potless.

Never liked them - even though my dad used to play for them!