1965-66 Season

Matt

Cheers, there's an awful lot of work to do - and I don't think I'll be able to show them all after a certain date - it'll be covers only after the mid-eighties I think due to copyright issues...

Anyway it's a start.

Intresting little read that....the fixtures amaze me. Playing the same sides within a day of each others at times, home and away or within a couple of weeks of one another. Hardly seems fair that.

As for the editorial, quite funny to read.....42yrs on and not a lot different in the transfer market. Did Shez right it? :wink:

It could do with a noise as you move from one page to the other that makes it sound like you are turning a page, that would be absolutely brilliant :grin::wink:

It would be good to see some programmes from even earlier. I have a couple from 1954(Should be more from that era really but without mentioning any names someone gave his programme collection away when he married Mrs Sideburns :angry: ). I'm sure others will have even earlier programmes.

Edited by oafc_ok

I've got most of the programmes since 1955 (one from each season - I don't have complete seasons) - and I can get my hands on earlier ones.

I'll try to put some more on over the weekend - time permitting...

What a classic shirt design that was!

Adverts for some famous Oldham companies long gone, but Butterworth's still selling fish & chips and of course Barlow's business hasn't died.

I was in Town a few weeks before Christmas and thought I'd go to Butterworths takeaway/ cafe but it wasn't there anymore! Unless my Oldham radar is completely off and I went to the wrong plaice!

I ended up heading back up the hill to Lever's and they were as good as I remembered! Must have been all that exercise. B)

I was in Town a few weeks before Christmas and thought I'd go to Butterworths takeaway/ cafe but it wasn't there anymore! Unless my Oldham radar is completely off and I went to the wrong plaice!

Where exactly Diego. Thought they had packed in???

It's still on Union Street where it always was. I've not been in so I don't know if the quality has been sustained.

http://uk.local.yahoo.com/Oldham_Metropoli...0138.html?cb=41