From LW commentary....

Odd thing from LW commentary - "Don't let Davies take the penalty please".

Really supportive comment! Also only experienced striker on the pitch - why not Craig?

That would be because he had been wound up enough to get booked and I wondered whether that fact, and the long time since he last scored, would be on his mind enough to put him off. He took plenty of time to compose himself and struck it really well. He didn't come to us when he scored, but I think he was just so relieved, he was in a psyched-up world of his own. He applauded the fans for a long time at the end.

The Swansea fans had been chanting at him "What's it like to be a Manc?". That's the ultimate insult not only for Oldhamers but especialy for someone born in Burton-on-Trent - ask my grandchildren! We chanted back "What's it like to play for Wales?"

That would be because he had been wound up enough to get booked and I wondered whether that fact, and the long time since he last scored, would be on his mind enough to put him off. He took plenty of time to compose himself and struck it really well. He didn't come to us when he scored, but I think he was just so relieved, he was in a psyched-up world of his own. He applauded the fans for a long time at the end.

The Swansea fans had been chanting at him "What's it like to be a Manc?". That's the ultimate insult not only for Oldhamers but especialy for someone born in Burton-on-Trent - ask my grandchildren! We chanted back "What's it like to play for Wales?"

You are at every game Diego so you probably don't listen much to LW Commentary - something that through illness and family reasons that I've had to do a few times recently.

It's fair to say that the co-commentator in particular has his favourites and shall we say, not-so-favourites and CD (from what I have heard based on recent displays) falls into the latter category. At least an apology was made after he buried the spot-kick! To be honest, I was worried when he stepped up to take it as to me, he lacks composure. It was interesting seeing the goals this morning that when he was upended, he was virtually rushing to get the ball before he had even landed! Smalley was trying to congratulate him but Davies was more interested in grabbing the ball out of his hand. So pleased for him though that his has broken the drought and let's hope the flood gates will now open.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the LW co-commentator at all since I know the person involved and for many years, he has paid his own way to provide us with a facility which is a great substitute if you are unable to get to the match. Like us all, he will have opinions and both the home and away main commentators complement the co-commentator very well IMO.

You are at every game Diego so you probably don't listen much to LW Commentary - something that through illness and family reasons that I've had to do a few times recently.

It's fair to say that the co-commentator in particular has his favourites and shall we say, not-so-favourites and CD (from what I have heard based on recent displays) falls into the latter category. At least an apology was made after he buried the spot-kick! To be honest, I was worried when he stepped up to take it as to me, he lacks composure. It was interesting seeing the goals this morning that when he was upended, he was virtually rushing to get the ball before he had even landed! Smalley was trying to congratulate him but Davies was more interested in grabbing the ball out of his hand. So pleased for him though that his has broken the drought and let's hope the flood gates will now open.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the LW co-commentator at all since I know the person involved and for many years, he has paid his own way to provide us with a facility which is a great substitute if you are unable to get to the match. Like us all, he will have opinions and both the home and away main commentators complement the co-commentator very well IMO.

It sounds as though the co-commentator is a typical fan - 'warts' and all!

If Davies had got the penalty opportunity before he had been wound up, booked and moved by Shez over to the left away from the 'Jack Ultras', I (and perhaps the co-commentator) would have been more confident about him taking it. However, as I said above, he rose to the occasion very well and he proved to me that he is able to compose himself and do the job for us under great pressure.

Couple of things from yesterday :

Glynn should now be known as "The Stig" we left The sportsmans at 6:50 am and arrived at the park and ride next to the ground just before 10 AM !!!!! By the way the park and ride next to the ground is only 1 pound fifty while the one out of town is a fiver ?? :unsure:

The new boys held there own yesterday and I'm pleased to say Livermore can take a corner !! The corner was taken and the ball hit an Oldham player just outside the Penalty spot :shock:^_^

Once Jarrett and Livermore get some training sessions with the other boys and a few more minutes for fitness under their belt, these two will be good players !

The front line was how BB80 said CD out wide right with LA as the middle stiker, unlike Tuesday night Gary Mc didn't support the front two as much.

The team has a whole held Swansea, its wasn't until BAUZA came on that their attacking became more organised and then with the introduction of BRANDY our back four were caught napping .

Crossley hardly had a thing tto do. While Hazell got Stammy out of jail a couple of times... Stam imo is starting to loss concentration in the last 20 mins and the mistakes he makes are becoming more common. Against Jason Scotland I expected him to have problems but to be fair he wasn't out muscles or caught for pace as Hazell covered as last man and they both worked well together keeping Scotland quiet. Although when Gregan comes back Stam will be back on the bench !

If I'm honest when Davies took the ball for the Penalty I was thinking here we go .... but the lad can take a penalty, he hit it hard and postive and No goalie wasa gunny get that :grin:

Swansea were not all that good but they had a team of good players who we kept quiet like Robinson etc .. we shouldn't be where we are and we are because we dont have indepth cover in one position .....

....UP FRONT - 2 Strikers are a must on loan next week !

Couple of things from yesterday :

Glynn should now be known as "The Stig" we left The sportsmans at 6:50 am and arrived at the park and ride next to the ground just before 10 AM !!!!! By the way the park and ride next to the ground is only 1 pound fifty while the one out of town is a fiver ?? :unsure:

The new boys held there own yesterday and I'm pleased to say Livermore can take a corner !! The corner was taken and the ball hit an Oldham player just outside the Penalty spot :shock:^_^

Once Jarrett and Livermore get some training sessions with the other boys and a few more minutes for fitness under their belt, these two will be good players !

The front line was how BB80 said CD out wide right with LA as the middle stiker, unlike Tuesday night Gary Mc didn't support the front two as much.

The team has a whole held Swansea, its wasn't until BAUZA came on that their attacking became more organised and then with the introduction of BRANDY our back four were caught napping .

Crossley hardly had a thing tto do. While Hazell got Stammy out of jail a couple of times... Stam imo is starting to loss concentration in the last 20 mins and the mistakes he makes are becoming more common. Against Jason Scotland I expected him to have problems but to be fair he wasn't out muscles or caught for pace as Hazell covered as last man and they both worked well together keeping Scotland quiet. Although when Gregan comes back Stam will be back on the bench !

If I'm honest when Davies took the ball for the Penalty I was thinking here we go .... but the lad can take a penalty, he hit it hard and postive and No goalie wasa gunny get that :grin:

Swansea were not all that good but they had a team of good players who we kept quiet like Robinson etc .. we shouldn't be where we are and we are because we dont have indepth cover in one position .....

....UP FRONT - 2 Strikers are a must on loan next week !

oi :bat: Glynn 'The Stig' © Oafcprozac!

oi :bat: Glynn 'The Stig' © Oafcprozac!

Agree with Wardle's comments. Davies in the first half was a complete lazy arse, second half came out all guns blazing and was willing to actually run at them and get involved. Similarly I was convinced he'd miss the penalty, but fair play to the lad he buried it emphatically. agree with the late penalty shout too and we were denied for a two handed hand to ball slap in the first half. Swansea showed why we are where we are in the league this season. They were able to change things becayse they had the luxury of leaving quality attcking threats such as Bauza and Brandy on the bench who when introduced with a couple of minutes had a fatal impact on our goal. On the otherhand we had the option of Wolfy (who should have scored but panicked) and Deano.

Positives:- Livermore, Jarrett, Allott (again), Lewis getting the best part of a full game under his belt and Davies returning to the scoresheet.

Negatives:- Same old toothless performances when you are wondering where a goal is coming from. Most disappointing is Swansea are running away with the league and looked very ordinary. A team with more attacking options coupled with our steel in midfield would've won that game. Unfortunately you always felt that second goal was coming due to our inability to hold the ball up in the final third. We need that big strong forward asap and I hope the deal is already in place and its a matter of asking have you got a pen? come thursday or Friday.

Good to get back on the road after my enforced absence of away League Games since October

It's fair to say that the co-commentator in particular has his favourites and shall we say, not-so-favourites and CD (from what I have heard based on recent displays) falls into the latter category.

Getting a bit :censored:ed off with Roy Butterworth TBH....this is the 1st season where I've missed a number of away games and for weeks now, he's been slagging off Davies and Crossley with a passion (through what sound very much like gritted teeth he praised Crossley after the Yeovil game and revelled in slating Davies during the Gills game...there are many other instances.) Highly influential for Latics listeners and really should be a bit fairer in his assessments. Really do see him as the sort who sits in BP slating the players within earshot, every game. Gordon's great and doesn't do it...why should Butterworth? If I'd known that there was commentary elsewhere (some found a free link to another commentary) I would've switched over.

Stam will be dropped if/when Gregan returns.

Don't tell daznathe that he will have a heart attack, he thinks Gregan is the worst player ever to pull on a pair of boots and is to blame for all the goals Latics concede (even when he's not playing) and would like to see him retire with immediate effect. :grin:

Most disappointing is Swansea are running away with the league and looked very ordinary.

I wasn't there so can't comment. Was it a case of us making them look ordinary though? From the sounds of things, we restricted them quite well and prevented them from playing. Seems to be the case from a few comments from Swans fans.