Just got back

Same old. Fingers crossed for a loanee this week.

I think I read somewhere that the transfer window shuts totally for a week, with only loans allowed when it re-opens. Does that mean we can get loans in from Friday? If I'm right, it's highly unlikely we'll get anyone this week (although I suppose arrangements can be put in place, leaving only the paperwork to complete when the window re-opens.) Can anyone confirm this?

Just thought it's a point worth making so that we don't have a load of posts on Thursday moaning that we've still not brought a striker in!

I think I read somewhere that the transfer window shuts totally for a week, with only loans allowed when it re-opens. Does that mean we can get loans in from Friday? If I'm right, it's highly unlikely we'll get anyone this week (although I suppose arrangements can be put in place, leaving only the paperwork to complete when the window re-opens.) Can anyone confirm this?

Just thought it's a point worth making so that we don't have a load of posts on Thursday moaning that we've still not brought a striker in!

Pretty sure that's right, oafc_ok. I would expect the club to sort something out earlier though and push it through on Friday, if possible.

You are correct.Loan window????? opens on friday

Solid in defence( own goal and a lucky bounce back off someones arse for the second),

Midfield looked good,Allott outstanding again,WE NEED A GOAL SCORER

But did we really go there to score? I know what you mean Sav about a striker being brought in, but I just feel the side was set out to frustrate, not concede and try and nick a goal. Until we went 1-0 down. I do honestly feel we'll score goals now with the 2 additions brought in and that we're not in such a dire need for that striker as we were. Felt the midfield imbalance has been the problem since day one of the season, rather than the strikers inability to score.

Both teams moderate in first half. Both managers changed format in second, substititions made difference for both teams, we were unlucky to come off second best. Nothing to be ashamed of today the lads did well second half against a team that are 10 points clear. Agree about Allott. Season is not over, easilly good enough to make play offs given the the standard of this league, we've got our part to play in installing this belief so stop moaning about Shez, strikers, pies and the miserable sod who sits next to you and lets give the boys the confidence they need.

Wish I'd taken me hat I was chuffin freezin

I thought we should have won that. Yes, they had the ball, but created nothing, whereas we dominated for long periods in thats second-half. I'm just disappointed for the lads and Shez, because they all worked fantastically well, and weren't rewarded.

We failed to close-down enough, I felt, but on the other end of the scale, how good was our passing? I thought it matched theirs, if not bettered it. It really was pleasing. The new boys worked hard in midfield, and their movement was excellent.

I thought we were really unlucky not to have collected all 3 points, and I think Martinez will be the first to say that. They weren't much of a threat, really.

Well played, lads.

But did we really go there to score? I know what you mean Sav about a striker being brought in, but I just feel the side was set out to frustrate, not concede and try and nick a goal. Until we went 1-0 down. I do honestly feel we'll score goals now with the 2 additions brought in and that we're not in such a dire need for that striker as we were. Felt the midfield imbalance has been the problem since day one of the season, rather than the strikers inability to score.

We created as many (or as few) chances as Swansea up to the first goal. The pick of the bunch was Alessandra's long-range drive which went narrowly wide. A spell of pressure by Swansea led to the cross which was put in by Mc D. Then it was a poor clearance that gave the loanee Red a chance which he buried with aplomb. When Swansea started to turn it on a bit both Hazell (who was oustanding) and Stam had to resort to bringing down defenders clumsily.

Davies let Swansea and the crowd wind him up so Shez switched him to the left, which led to his run and the penalty. He kept his cool when taking the pen.

The good news was that, although we didn't get many corners, we had one good one taken by Lomax!!!! Also Livermore took a great inswinging free-kick, which was perfectly placed over the defenders but our three players who ran through all managed to miss nudging it into the net - that's all it needed!

Plenty of reason for optimism from today's game. :chubb: Good vocal support from the quality rather than quantity fans. :applause1:

After the match we got on the coach to go back to the Park & Ride car park. We waited about 15 minutes as the home fans all walked up to the main road, which gave them plenty of time to get positioned to give us hand gestures when we eventually drove past them. Then a police car led out our supporters' coach and our coach followed, with a police van taking up the rear of the motorcade. All went well until the police car and supporters' coach left us as we went down a different road. Our coach then had to stop as four Swansea fans were walking slowly in a line along the carriageway with their backs to the coach, preventing us passing. The driver blasted them with his horn and one turned round giving the 'come on' gesture. Naturally we were all telling the driver to run over them! They refused to move, so the police van came from behind us and pulled up by the Swansea fans and two coppers jumped out and pushed the offenders against the van to loud cheers from inside the coach. A 'welcome in the hillside' my arse!

The perimeter of the rough land where we had parked the cars was occupied by travelling caravan dwellers, complete with two ponies and a lorry load of electric wiring, which looked to me as though it could have come from floodlights! Anyway we were relieved to find our cars intact.

I enjoyed being in Cardiff when the rah rah was on .... although it did take us a while to find a spot in the bar without a tv as none of us had any interest in the game, every now and then they realised I was English as they were about enjoy telling me all about it so I simple said two words that befriended me to them forever .... RUGBY LEAGUE.

Walking through Cardiff to the station it was like a street carnival after the game ......