old latics fans

thats dutty allways drunk ,once he fell alseep on sheepfoot lane on a car roof

Last time I saw him he said he was off the booze - that was a long time ago so dunno if he's still on the wagon - as Diego says, not seen him for ages.

Interesting thread this!

I think Dave Roberts is the chap I met many years ago when Latics came to Cork to play Cobh Ramblers (a dire 0-0 draw with Sharp as manager - and no Andy Richie!) ... I was just a young lad then, but it was brilliant to meet Dave and the lads after in the small clubhouse for a couple of pints (yes, I think I was under the legal drinking age!)...

I was at that match in Cork! I convinced the missus we should go to Ireland for our holiday... We went to the Waterford as well. Was great at Cobh, there was old men watching the match on deck chairs they had brought with them. After the match we were in the small clubhouse drinking with the players watching United thrash Newcastle in the Charity Shield when Craig Fleming said something like "To think we were playing them a couple of seasons ago" And I bit my tongue instead of saying "If you'd have hoofed the ball away from you-know-who in the FA Cup Semi at Wembley we would have beaten those t**ts!"!!

We also gave Geoff a lift back from the crystal factory in Waterford. Anyone remember Geoff, used to go on Barlows a lot? He was quite large and I was worried about my car's suspension! :grin:

back to old fans anyone remeber fat geoffery the massive Steward who stood next to chaddy end and main stand paddock ,does he still go?

I remember him. He got so big in the end he needed two seats on the coaches. Funniest moment was when he was steward and, as it often did in that corner, it all kicked off. He filled his boots. I've never seen such a big man move so fast. Where is he now?

I always suspected that there would be people on here who were at that Cobh Ramblers game Martjs!

I remember being a bit in awe of the players as they strolled off the pitch - Nick Henry was particularly nice to me and had a chat... Then Sharp walked past me with a scowl - might have been something to do with my old man shouting BRING BACK ANDY RICHIE at the top of his voice right beside the Latics subs bench after Gunnar Halle had blasted a shot over the bar!

I even remember the Cobh Ramblers manager coming over to me in the second half asking for tactical advice, cos he knew I knew a bit about the latics players... boy didn't I feel important for a young lad!

The Latics fans I met after that game were a really great bunch and got us in on a photograph and let me and my mate hold the flag... what a day!!!

back to old fans anyone remeber fat geoffery the massive Steward who stood next to chaddy end and main stand paddock ,does he still go?

He was the one I gave a lift to from Waterford Crystal factory to his B & B on the Latics pre-season tour!! My missus offered him a lift because "his car hadn't arrived" - I nearly fainted when she said it. He sat in the passenger seat of my Vauxhall Astra and I had trouble finding the gear stick!

Last time I saw him he said he was off the booze - that was a long time ago so dunno if he's still on the wagon - as Diego says, not seen him for ages.

I see Dutty about once a week walking down Ripponden Road with his shorts on in this weather!!! Dont get chance to speak to him as i'm going the other way in the car,but hes alive and well at least!!

Not seen him at Latics for ages though.

I think I only ever met Dutty once.

Phil Crewe - well known to most of you 100%-ers especially the old timers - keeps in (almost daily) contact with him, gives him a call after every game etc, so he's always bang up to date with what's going on. Without giving anything personal away, Dutty's health isn't really up to coming to the game these days.

I see Dutty about once a week walking down Ripponden Road with his shorts on in this weather!!! Dont get chance to speak to him as i'm going the other way in the car,but hes alive and well at least!!

Not seen him at Latics for ages though.

yeah dutty can be seen in and around the newsagents on ripponden road most mornings around 7am-in his shorts!. He does'nt go to games anymore due to health reasons. Always lets on- top man. :)

yeah dutty can be seen in and around the newsagents on ripponden road most mornings around 7am-in his shorts!. He does'nt go to games anymore due to health reasons. Always lets on- top man. :)

well if you do see dutty please say hello from me to him please

Lads, if anyone on here knows Dave Roberts tell him the Irish lad he met in Cobh said to say hello and best wishes and keep the faith. Unlike back then, I can buy a pint legally now so I'll be sure to get the first round in if we run into eachother again...

Passed your message on ...................