saturdays 2pm kick off

im stating that i believe swansea gained an (however tiny) advantage and i dont believe we should have played ball.

That so called 'advantage' didn't do Cardiff any good did it?

The most ridiculous case of sour grapes since that £1.99 bottle of Albanian White at Netto I once bought.

thats pretty witty. i didnt know we couldnt oppose the decision.

i must say im quite disapointed with my growing reputation as a moaner, i might have to start moaning at games now. we obviously come from different tactical backgrounds, im pretty certain id beat you all at chess, especially under my terms!

There would have probably been more Oldham fans there than Swansea fans if the game had kicked off at 3. Nearly did after the road near the Liberty being shut for a while. Of course they gained an advantage kicking off an hour earlier, more fans bothered to turn up but the same fans would have attended if Wales weren't playing so no real advantage was gained. It was just a normal game played an hour earlier.

Guest sheridans_world

As far as i am aware, both parties have to agree to a change in kick-off time (be it an hour or a week) unless the match is deemed unplayable by the match officials (water logged pitch), the govening body rules one or both of the teams ineligable (not enough fit players), or another competition over-rules the original fixture (FA Cup).

Doncaster(i think?) agreed for one of our games to be swtiched to a Sunday last season because our owners are jewish and wanted to see the game on a Sunday.

Would that give us an advantage?

im stating that i believe swansea gained an (however tiny) advantage and i dont believe we should have played ball.

We marginally lost to the team that are running away with the division who have a fantastic home form. Who's to say we wouldn't have got thumped if we kicked off at 3? It's all ifs and buts and there's no point going on about it really!

So a match kicks off at a different time just so the home team get more fans through the door than they normally would? It's called common sense and happens week in week out and has done for decades.

Latics used to kick off at 3.15 on Saturdays so that the Mill Workers could get there after finishing at 3. Tranmere play occasionally on a Friday to avoid Liverpool and Everton games as do Southend to avoid competition with the local market. Other games are changed to avoid local events or major sporting clashes throughout the Season.

When was the last time that every Team played at 3pm on a Saturday? Even before the live TV games, it would have been a rare occurence.

I think each team can change a certain number of kick-off times per Season without getting permission from the FA. That is what Swansea have done. They didn't do it to gain an advantage, they did it to get more paying punters through the gate.

Northampton have an agreement with the rugby team that if there is a clash one will switch the fixture, which is usually is taken in turns. As a rugby town many watch both teams.

Don't think Swansea (or me) see it as a advance more like ensuring they retain a decent gate / catering for their fans who will want to watch both games. KO an hour earlier will have had no effect on the number of Latics fans who attended the game and gave them absolutely no advance.

We do the same for England matches as over the years crowds have been effected by this. I would hazard a guess that no other sport in this country would effect match day crowds in this country.

We marginally lost to the team that are running away with the division who have a fantastic home form. Who's to say we wouldn't have got thumped if we kicked off at 3? It's all ifs and buts and there's no point going on about it really!

for me its all in this word

I would say that you have got a minor point which treated in isolation is a fair point Daz. However, for the sake of business relations it would be short sighted of us not to agree to the kick off change. Imagine trying to do business in Swansea in the future. It always pays to have good relations with other clubs.

I would say that you have got a minor point which treated in isolation is a fair point Daz. However, for the sake of business relations it would be short sighted of us not to agree to the kick off change. Imagine trying to do business in Swansea in the future. It always pays to have good relations with other clubs.

maybe you should have said this on page one lol. as another minor point have we ever done business with swansea?