Loan Options to the end of the season

:huh:

I read somewhere that from this Thursday Football League clubs can take on loan players for up to a maximum of three months - does anyone know if this can be extended should a club reach the play-offs?

:unsure:

I don't think so... we had this problem with Clarke last season!

I read somewhere that from this Thursday Football League clubs can take on loan players for up to a maximum of three months - does anyone know if this can be extended should a club reach the play-offs?

Im pretty they can't be extended from somthing that went on last season. Might have been something to do with trying to sign a striker and we didnt sign one.

What's the position regarding Livermore, can we keep him for a maximum of three months or for the season?

If he settles well and we put a run together, to lose him for the playoffs would be a real blow!

What's the position regarding Livermore, can we keep him for a maximum of three months or for the season?

If he settles well and we put a run together, to lose him for the playoffs would be a real blow!

Good question. We took him on 1 month before the end of the transfer window. Can we extend to the end of the season?

Good question. We took him on 1 month before the end of the transfer window. Can we extend to the end of the season?

Yes we can keep him until the end of the season if both parties agreed, but it has to be sorted out by the End of Feb or Early March IIRC

I may be proved totally wrong here because things may be afoot behind the hallowed walls of BP.

However, come Friday, I'm confident that no new faces will be signed and sealed ready to grace the pitch on Saturday. Now, I'm unsure whether this is Sheridan's fault or the budget that he's been given.

We had 31 days during January to validate targets and get them signed. Trying to close a deal for the Liverpool lad and Moore in the last few hours of January 31st illustrates how naive or ill-prepared the club has become. If we left it to the very last minute then the question must be asked what we were doing for the other 30 days and 15 hours.

Is our club that bad that we can't attract players who would much prefer to go elsewhere..even the league below?

Are you telling me that Livermore was someone we have been tracking for a while or a quick deal last Thursday afternoon?

Was Jarrett signed independent to the Trotman deal or was it a case of they wanted something we had, which tipped the balance in our favour?

I am concerned the we have fallen to a position where we don't have targets lined up, already validated, homework done and ready to sign when the opportunity arises - where is our scouting that used to be once an asset of ours? The owners confirmed that a sizeable fund was available to retain Kilkenny - was that not still available when Neil turned us down? Add to that the gate receipts and the Trotman windfall and it does ask questions that we couldn't have someone in against Swansea that could have meant one or three points.

We'll now endure a mad scramble on Friday, F5 bashed to within an inch of it's life and then all our hopes dashed when the manager or owners don't come up with the goods.

Ungrateful? Yes I am! I'm sick of missing out year after year and remaining stuck in this league. Don't for a second suggest that I should up sticks and support Arsenal, Chelsea or United. All I'm asking is for an effective use of our resources and delivery of success. If we didn't have it then I'd accept it but we have and I've frustrated that things still aren't happening.

Spleen well and truely vented after a week of bile boiling over..................ignore my rant, move on.........move on............!

Came on as sub on Saturday (unless they've got two Clarke's)

He was figuring in their first team plans before he got injured, and if it was him that came on from off the bench on Saturday and he is fit again.

Surely as he is part of their first team plans they won't let him go out on loan at the moment.

I'll remain sceptical but want to be proved wrong

im hoping that with the news hughes may need surgery to recover from his injury,that we sign a decent striker on loan as a priority,as shez has said he is optimistic that we can get to the playoffs,with a little luck,some decent displays and more firepower.

i reckon he will have at least 2 maybe 3 lined up,and more than likely until the end of the season.

freddy eastwood and andy keogh have been mentioned.....but im sure he has something planned,he and the club will know that certain sections of fans are not happy with the incomings,and trotters going out.

I'll remain sceptical but want to be proved wrong

You have an asset... say Trotman.... and you want to get the best deal you can when selling it, when do you think that is?

It's business, that's the reason deals are done last minute! Citeh apparently offered their money for Benjani in the first week of the window. Pompy sat on that offer and used it to finance their Defoe deal. They got the same money they were offered on the first day, but to accept it then and then potentially leave themselves short would have been daft!

I take your point but that a multi-million pound deal not a loan. Also, they targeted one player in Benjani and we can't be that choosy so should be creating a list of targets based on budget, likelihood etc as a contingency in one fails.

It just appears that we put all our eggs in one basket, leave it to the last minute and then shrug our shoulders when it all messes up. No contingency, no plan B, no idea.

I'm just seriously disillusioned at the moment because we're going backwards from last season despite the apparent ambition at start of season, some signings made and the money we have received and is - apparently - available. When we were struggling without a pot to urinate in, Ritchie came up trumps with signings despite having his plums squeezed by Lees.

I take your point but that a multi-million pound deal not a loan. Also, they targeted one player in Benjani and we can't be that choosy so should be creating a list of targets based on budget, likelihood etc as a contingency in one fails.

Who's to say the players we brought in last minute were not our contingency players?!?

Especially when two players who we were looking at walked away!!

I'm just seriously disillusioned at the moment because we're going backwards from last season despite the apparent ambition at start of season, some signings made and the money we have received and is - apparently - available. When we were struggling without a pot to urinate in, Ritchie came up trumps with signings despite having his plums squeezed by Lees.

When you completely take apart a team and rebuild, it usually takes longer than 6 or so months to see much better results.

Take into account that players brought in, some have performed, whilst some haven't and in the meantime key players have been injured and have left and not properly been replaced.

Richie did have a knack of unearthing gems discarded on the scrap heap, there's no doubting that. When he's been backed with money (see Huddersfield now) it hasn't always worked out swimmingly, has it?

It could well be that we were trying to take players on permanently bit they fell through, leaving us the two strikers we went for as loanee fall backs. One thing that's for sure is that a lot of clubs were all chasing a lot of players who they didn't get. There will also now be a lot of clubs and players who couldn't get rid/get away in the window who will be more reasonable in doing deals now there's no other way out.

It just appears that we put all our eggs in one basket, leave it to the last minute and then shrug our shoulders when it all messes up. No contingency, no plan B, no idea.

Ritchie didn't always get things right when it came to signings!!! I too was frustrated by the January dealings, but unfortunately I don't think you can put all the blame / suggest there is no plan B. After all we were only 2 agents away from having 2 strikers signed up...don't forget the role agents play in what is goldrush season for them (Jan). This is the same management/owners who had the foresight to get Hughes signed up before anyone had a sniff. I do think that this Jan the requirements were more obvious than last years window which was less clear due to injuries and form at the time.

Shez knew he had to get a striker, left-sided mid/def and another creative midfielder. I think the frustration (certainly mine) was added to by the suspension of Hughes / Davies at the time. We've managed to sort two of the requirements, we are really just missing a decent big striker (not all that common these days).

I'm confident someone else (possibly 2) might be in within the next week, though unfortunately not before Saturday.

Incidentally I'd earmarked Hoskins as potentially one, but he looks likely to be going to Forest.

Edited by lookers87

I may be proved totally wrong here because things may be afoot behind the hallowed walls of BP.

However, come Friday, I'm confident that no new faces will be signed and sealed ready to grace the pitch on Saturday. Now, I'm unsure whether this is Sheridan's fault or the budget that he's been given.

We had 31 days during January to validate targets and get them signed. Trying to close a deal for the Liverpool lad and Moore in the last few hours of January 31st illustrates how naive or ill-prepared the club has become. If we left it to the very last minute then the question must be asked what we were doing for the other 30 days and 15 hours.

Is our club that bad that we can't attract players who would much prefer to go elsewhere..even the league below?

Are you telling me that Livermore was someone we have been tracking for a while or a quick deal last Thursday afternoon?

Spleen well and truely vented after a week of bile boiling over..................ignore my rant, move on.........move on............!

I don't agree with you about the not trying or suceeding for the whole of January. Everone knows that players hold on to the last minute. They are in the strong position at that point.

You haven't factored in the fact every decent (and a few not so!) player waits until the end of the moenth. They can afford to nowadays, not like when you and I were a lad.

My view is that the earlier on the month signings go for big bucks, and I couldn't see one realistic one that I was jealous of in the whole of January.

There are more Deals on the last day than the whole of the month put together.

Therefore the rant is based on incorect info.

The frustration is totally uderstandable.

Hopefully, the money has been saved for a big push in the summer, and a few loaneed. I don't think that many good players were availble this time round.

And I don't think someone of Livermores quality was a last minute fall back option.

Chin up

Look at the Benjani deal, the whole of football is screwed, most deals go through at the last minute of deadline day. How do we know that Livermore wasn't snatched away from another club at the last minute?

It's the agents telling the players to hang on for better deals than they have already received. If no more offers come in that are better then they sign at the last minute.