Programme

There is a massive difference betweem "not at all" and "little"....your understanding of the english language is poor....

Little is suggesting that some people still buy it but I belive they are collectors and the people that arrive early.... I very much doubt the take up in the ground is at all big...but it is certainly big enough to warrant doing it.....

My thrust is that on the whole the program is not relevant and is of little use....and I belive the majority of people belive this exspecially since the internet contains so much information and is one of the first sources of information....

Your trying to put words in my mouth and steer the thrust instead of taking it as read....

Now post your stats....

At least you are not shouting. I think we may be in danger of boring other people (and each other). I find your argument flawed and contradictory , you think i am incapable of understanding.

You wont buy progs, I will - and so will lots of others.

As reported in PM , "A sample of 56 Football league clubs in recent survey shows that there has been an average increase of 3.2% in numbers of progreammes sold and an increase of 6.8% in income from sales and advertising from programmes from season 2003/4 to 2005/6".

At least you are not shouting. I think we may be in danger of boring other people (and each other). I find your argument flawed and contradictory , you think i am incapable of understanding.

You wont buy progs, I will - and so will lots of others.

As reported in PM , "A sample of 56 Football league clubs in recent survey shows that there has been an average increase of 3.2% in numbers of progreammes sold and an increase of 6.8% in income from sales and advertising from programmes from season 2003/4 to 2005/6".

Didnt get your PM...

Hasnt there been a overal increase in attendences in the football league over the last four years as well ?? Something that your line dosent take into account......

The percentage of the attendance buying programs is the key factor....not the overall amount of programs sold....can you send me a link to your stats....

Im pritty sure overall attendance in the football league as gone up by alot more than 3% over the last four years resulting in a actually drop in people buying programs.....

Also the last three/four years dosent show / prove my point wrong.....if since about 2000 they have gone up my point would be wrong....I reckon you would see quite a big decrease in the number of people buying them factored against attendence since the internet.....

Edited by oafc0000

Didnt get your PM...

Hasnt there been a overal increase in attendences in the football league over the last four years as well ?? Something that your line dosent take into account......

The percentage of the attendance buying programs is the key factor....not the overall amount of programs sold....can you send me a link to your stats....

Im pritty sure overall attendance in the football league as gone up by alot more than 3% over the last four years resulting in a actually drop in people buying programs.....

Also the last three/four years dosent show / prove my point wrong.....if since about 2000 they have gone up my point would be wrong....I reckon you would see quite a big decrease in the number of people buying them factored against attendence since the internet.....

I don't have a link . It is from a magazine ! (ironic ).

I disagree with you. End of.

I always buy a programme no matter what game i'm watching, im not a collector or anything, its just part of my match 'ritual' along with a pint before and after the game and a pie at half time! I've only been to Walsall home this season so that is the only home programme i've got and i think its a pretty decent programme.

I don't have a link . It is from a magazine ! (ironic ).

I disagree with you. End of.

Fair enough thats a pitty I was intrested....its a shame you dont seem to be able to discuss your opinion though and tackle the points I put forward....oh well...

You accused me of being "self opinionnated" but when I try to discuss the issue you just say you disagree with me...end of :P

Sounds like your not giving me much chance to change your mind :) On the other hand....isnt it actually yourself taking a self opinionated approach....your not thinking for a second you actually might be wrong yourself :)

Edited by oafc0000

I always buy a programme no matter what game i'm watching, im not a collector or anything, its just part of my match 'ritual' along with a pint before and after the game and a pie at half time! I've only been to Walsall home this season so that is the only home programme i've got and i think its a pretty decent programme.

Yeah thats true for a lot of the people that buy them I suppose...

oafc - you are worse than UEFa - you keep changing the rules. Your argument with LaticsPete seemed to be based on you being OTT in the first place and then you using a series of new issues to try and justify that!

At the end of the day, you claimed that programmes are of little relevance. Several posters and data show otherwise.

Your second post on the site and your waging into a argument about programs....thats very strange....

Are you LaticsPete in disguise ? :) Go on admit it....:)

Fact is....I tried to back my opinion and explain my feelings in following posts because my original post was taken far too literally...if thats a crime then lock me up :)

As for the data....I proved that it was wrong....selling more programs dosent mean the uptake has increased because of the rise in attendences :) I only speak the truth :lol:

• 2 months later...
i used to buy it but never read it until after the match!

don't ask why, cause i don't know! so i thought that it was a bit of a waste of money, and i do frequent the shop and buy the usual stuff like shirts (twice a season!!!!!!!)

so i work on the theory that they wont miss my £3..

Am the same. I only buy them at away games and maybe 4 or 5 home games a season. The program has been a lot better since last season but l did like the storys of the away games.