Multi-millionaire backers

I don't entirely agree with this. I think they DID buy Latics because of the potential to make money with the land, after all there are many clubs they could have bought it if was just purely for the sake of buying a football club. The land available at Latics (at a cost) was the thing that sets us apart from most other clubs. Apart from clubs with new stadiums, not many have the amount of land available that we do.

BUT I really don't have a problem with this, it's a win, win situation we got the survival of our club, and TTA get to make a few bob out of it when the whole development is completed. And who knows, by that time, if not now, they might just be genuine dyed in the wool Latics fans.

At the end of the day, they are business men and business men do things to make money. Remember they weren't LAtics fans before they bought us. But as I say I have no problem with this arrangement at all.

If its true what was reported on this board a few weeks ago when Alan Hardy said the TTA have put £11mill in then it is a vast fortune they shall make. If the Chron is correct saying the Housing project is worth up to £80 million then thats an awful lot of profit. I know that TTA will sell for nowhere near that but I bet there is quite a few million to be made off of this club. Dont be suprised if they do pack up n :censored: off but I dont think they would leave us in the lurch I think they would sell to only a true football fan and not another business man. Anybody fancy someone like th lad at peterborough

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its true what was reported on this board a few weeks ago when Alan Hardy said the TTA have put £11mill in then it is a vast fortune they shall make. If the Chron is correct saying the Housing project is worth up to £80 million then thats an awful lot of profit. I know that TTA will sell for nowhere near that but I bet there is quite a few million to be made off of this club. Dont be suprised if they do pack up n :censored: off but I dont think they would leave us in the lurch I think they would sell to only a true football fan and not another business man. Anybody fancy someone like th lad at peterborough

Erm....how much do you think the new main stand will cost to throw up then?

As I said in my original post I really haven't got a problem with what TTA have done, we both get something out of it. I will be eternally greatfull to them for rescuing our club and bank rolling it thereafter. I think the crucial point is that IF they do decide to leave they will have left behind them a much stronger club that is financially viable in it's own right. More that a certain Chris :censored: did! :angry:

I really hope they do stay involved long term - I'd like to think that with a stronger club at the end of the whole development we have some good times around the corner and it would be fitting if they were around to enjoy it. As I also said, I'm kinda hoping they have become Latics fans now :chubb:

Erm....how much do you think the new main stand will cost to throw up then?

Cant be that much its not being vastly improved in capacity and I find it highly unlikely its going to cost much more than a couple of mill. The TTA will be making a very hefty profit. People need to pull the wool from their eyes. TTA are business men not Latics fans. If they help a bit on the way to a hefty profit then for them its a bonus. Dont get me wrong I think its great what theyre doing but mark my words they wont be here for much time after all the stadium and surrouding ground is built and the profits are counted. I also dont think they will do a Chris Moore and we will be in a better position once they do decide to up and leave whenever that may be. BUT People with not all that much wealth dont risk £11million quid for barely any profit.

Edited by youngen

Cant be that much its not being vastly improved in capacity and I find it highly unlikely its going to cost much more than a couple of mill. The TTA will be making a very hefty profit. People need to pull the wool from their eyes. TTA are business men not Latics fans. If they help a bit on the way to a hefty profit then for them its a bonus. Dont get me wrong I think its great what theyre doing but mark my words they wont be here for much time after all the stadium and surrouding ground is built and the profits are counted. I also dont think they will do a Chris Moore and we will be in a better position once they do decide to up and leave whenever that may be. People with not all that much wealth dont risk £11million quid for barely any profit.

To be honest, I expect them to make a profit, but I expect it not to be the grand scale some predict. And I don't begrudged them doing it one bit, as you don't. I also expect them to leave too, one day. However, the debts are managable and the plan (don't let Corporal Jones hear this one) expect them to go once the stadium is renewed and offering a bloodline to make the club self-sufficient. Then....we'll be worth buying for the next investor who might see us as a self-funding club that with a few mill spent on the playing side, could go up through the divisions and repay that from success on the field. It might take 10yrs for this.....but as long as we've a club and that's the kind of direction we're aiming for, then that I'll take.

I'm kinda hoping they have become Latics fans now :chubb:

If you ever get chance to meet and speak to them, you will know that this is beyond doubt mate.

They go to massive lengths to get commentary of games etc and while they may have supported other Teams previously, Latics are the only ones for them now!

As I said on another post, everything seems to be going to plan which should be great news for OAFC with TTA leading the way. They own OAFC because they want to own a football club and not specifically to make money. They aren't going to ride off now just when it is all starting to come together off the pitch.

:)

Cant be that much its not being vastly improved in capacity and I find it highly unlikely its going to cost much more than a couple of mill. The TTA will be making a very hefty profit. People need to pull the wool from their eyes. TTA are business men not Latics fans. If they help a bit on the way to a hefty profit then for them its a bonus. Dont get me wrong I think its great what theyre doing but mark my words they wont be here for much time after all the stadium and surrouding ground is built and the profits are counted. I also dont think they will do a Chris Moore and we will be in a better position once they do decide to up and leave whenever that may be. BUT People with not all that much wealth dont risk £11million quid for barely any profit.

If you are correct, then they will be off in a few weeks time as soon as the land deal is done. No point hanging around watching the losses continue to mount is there. Anyone who thinks they won't be here at the start of next season, I'll give you odds that they are.

If you ever get chance to meet and speak to them, you will know that this is beyond doubt mate.

They go to massive lengths to get commentary of games etc and while they may have supported other Teams previously, Latics are the only ones for them now!

Erm, you mean they just log onto Latics World like most others and listen to Gordon? :wink:

Don't forget to add to that current figure of £11m (already invested) that it will take another x million to build the stadium. So although the housing project/stadium is worth £80m, it doesn't mean that 80-11 = 69m profit. A very large chunk of this will go on building and all the associated costs including roadworks, extending primary schools etc etc. Hence the reason for the 'small profit if any' statements from the club. Personally if we get a spanking new stadium, long-term revenue, the club able to stand on its own, and a team in the division above this one then they can take as much profit from the development as they want.

To be honest, I expect them to make a profit, but I expect it not to be the grand scale some predict. And I don't begrudged them doing it one bit, as you don't. I also expect them to leave too, one day. However, the debts are managable and the plan (don't let Corporal Jones hear this one) expect them to go once the stadium is renewed and offering a bloodline to make the club self-sufficient.

I have never disputed that there is a business plan. I have expressed scepticism as to whether the football side of things is as integral to it as some people claim or assume. I don't doubt that there is a genuine aim to make the club self-sufficient. It is just that the longer we stagnate in this division, the more chance there is of everything ending up being geared towards being self-sufficient at this level. If the worst were to happen and we were to go down-something that is always possible with a squad as thin as ours, as Sheridan has again acknowledged today- any plan would inevitably be adjusted, the result being that everybody would regard getting back to where we've been for the last eleven years as some kind of success.

Don't forget to add to that current figure of £11m (already invested) that it will take another x million to build the stadium. So although the housing project/stadium is worth £80m, it doesn't mean that 80-11 = 69m profit. A very large chunk of this will go on building and all the associated costs including roadworks, extending primary schools etc etc. Hence the reason for the 'small profit if any' statements from the club. Personally if we get a spanking new stadium, long-term revenue, the club able to stand on its own, and a team in the division above this one then they can take as much profit from the development as they want.

Correct. While I don't know the figures other than what is in the Public Arena, £80m is the total value of the development taking place.

Possible estimates:-

Purchase of land off TTA - £20m

Cost of building apartments - £35m

Sale Price - £60m

Redevelopment of BP costs - £20m

In that case, the "deal" and "development" of the Site is worth £80m but the only one's profiting (to the tune of £5m) are the Property Developers.

Hypothetical but it goes to show that while the overall deal is big, the scope for profit may well be small - and in TTA's circumstances may be cash neutral.

Could be totally different I agree but what I am trying to show is that there is relatively little scope for profit if BP is to be redeveloped and there is no indication so far to suggest that this will not happen.